Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I believed that since I saw that flick. It was much shorter.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It Comes At Night

Riley Keough (Lisa Marie Presley's daughter.) and Kelvin Harrison, jr.

They have a kissing scene. Warning: The kissing scene is not for the weak stomach.

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Man I remember Dule Hill from Psych talk about cognitive whiplash.

4. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Dule Hill also kissed Patricia Arquette in "Holes":

(press youtube button...lower right corner...after pressing red play button)

5. Soulthinker

I saw Holes and I did not know that was Dule Hill playing that brother.

6. glassesjacket24

glassesjacket24 New Member

Damn really? No kiss scene or anything? Trailer made it seem like they had something going on I was gonna see it this weekend but it got really bad reviews too

7. darkcurry

They we're together in the book?

8. Soulthinker

That is right gj24. Nothing I call affectionate in it.

9. darkcurry

Another love story from a book is hitting the big screen with Daisy Ridley and Leslie Odom, jr. cast in
    Murder On The Orient Express.

http://www.playbill.com/article/tak...-gad-and-more-in-murder-on-the-orient-express

[​IMG]

The cast features Judi Dench as Princess Dragomiroff, Daisy Ridley as Mary Debenham,Tony Award winner Leslie Odom, Jr. as Dr. Arbuthnot, Johnny Depp as Samuel Ratchett, Michelle Pfeiffer as Mrs. Hubbard, Penelope Cruz as Greta Ohlsson, Sir Derek Jacobi as Edward Masterman, Willem Dafoe as Gerhard Hardman, Tom Bateman as Bouc, and Lucy Boynton as Countess Andrenyi.

In the book Mary Debenham and Dr. Arbuthnot are secret lovers, If the movie follows the book, an interracial secret romance would hold more weight in that era. It's due out this fall.

10. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

This film was directed by Kenneth Branagh. He recast Shakespeare's As You Like with David Oyelowo (as Orlando) opposite Bryce Dallas Howard. He won't shy away from IR.

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Why am I just hearing about that movie now? I don't think anybody ever has mentioned it in the IR in film thread.

12. darkcurry

Same. I remember that movie, it was hard to follow but the second time I seen it I finally got it.

13. darkcurry

Yeah, but still we know Hollywood's history of changing IR couples from books into platonic relationships.

But with that said Kenneth Branagh does have a history of IR in his films, so we will see.

14. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Branagh also directed Shakespeare's Love's Labor's Lost. There was an IR pairing in that as well. Adrian Lester and Emily Mortimer, I think.

Dude be colorizing the classics into IR. If it's in the script, we are in good hands.

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Looks like most of Boyega's scenes were lost on the chopping block. Frankly I thought the director came across a bit like a jerk when an interviewer asked him about this. It was clear from the casting announcement that Boyega would play the love interest but in the end his storyline was largely edited out. Does that mean Watson has no love interest at all in the film? The consensus from the media is that the movie could have really used a lot more screentime of Boyega because his charisma was much needed.

16. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Read about this a few months ago after seeing something about it on twitter. The first report I saw claimed they would be playing husband and wife but I guess that report got some of the details wrong (unless the two are not just secret lovers but have gotten secretly married as well). So unless TPTB pull a "The Circle stunt this is indeed a legit thing. And, yes, to no one's surprise it is a Brit?European director who may have been behind this casting decision based on his prior record and simply based on him being a European in general.

While still playing catchup to IR on the big screen involving white men/black women, there are a good number of films that came out this year or are on their way involving blacks guys in interracial relationships. Sometime this weekend if time permits I will create a thread listing them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Soulthinker

I believe that JC. It seems the producers and director think Mr.Doyega does not deserve a closer relationship to Ms.Watson's character.

18. chamber

chamber Active Member

Kenneth Branagh has a history of color blind casting. Branagh cast keanu reeves and denzel washington as brothers in Much Ado About Nothing and Idris Elba as Norse god Heimdall in Thor.

19. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

20. Soulthinker