Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Thanks fellas. Patience and perseverance pays off. I'm gonna put up that 405 when I feel the time is right.

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Going for 37.7 miles this week.

3. 4north1side2

41.5 miles last week. Started at 228lbs and dropped down to 218.5lbs. Cheated all weekend so I'm probably 224lbs right now.

Goals are 215lbs and traverse 43 miles on foot by Friday.

4. 4north1side2

Smashed my goal of 100 miles in a month in 3 weeks 2 days.

I'm at a little over 120 miles, looking to close out the month around 130 miles. Certainly not my best being I only walked 3 miles this week. I just wasn't feeling it the first couple days... Major headache the 3rd day and lots of errands yesterday.

My shoulders still aren't bothering me.

Smith machine incline bench press 245x9.5 reps

smith machine decline bench press 275x10

5. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

4.30am on a Saturday morning and apparently no one is as crazy as me.... Fk sleeping in!!
    rsz_img20170422052156.jpg
    rsz_img_20170422_050141.jpg

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Great sneaks.

7. 4north1side2

Been doing some light work for the past week n some days. Just walking and jogging for a hour everyday.

Current goal is to stay alcohol free for a month. Instead of having cheat weekends, just a cheat meal once a week.

8. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

What meal do you create when you "cheat"?
    I, myself is a sucker for pasta with cheese saus and bacon (and have a glass of a good red wine or beer with it). Using up all the cheddar and don't cheat when I make the sauce.

9. 4north1side2

I've never had pasta with cheese sauce or bacon, that's very different. I am huge fan of wheat penne pasta with spicy sausage or shrimp.

My cheat meals are really cheat buffets. I just love, love, love food! It ain't nothing for me to hit up 3 different fast food places in a day.

My problem is that I over indulge. For example I'll order a triple whooper at Burger king, finish it still feeling hungry swinging back to get another.

I eat whole pies, cakes, and xl pizzas to myself.

10. Reverie

Ok, he, he, he, I usually have enough after a little plate. Anyway, I have a creole receipt with penne pasta and spicy sausage and the holy trinity. Lovely meal.

11. 4north1side2

Please don't tease me like that, I must have this lovely meal you speak of at once! That sounds so bomb!

12. Reverie

Just let me get home and then I write down the receipt for you.

13. Reverie

Ingredients:

½ pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
    1 andouille sausage, about ½ pound, sliced into rounds
    1 - 2 tablespoons cajun/creole spice mix, adjust to your spice/heat level
    Olive oil
    1 cellery sliced
    ½ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
    ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika
    1 tablespoon cajun/creole spice mix
    1 teaspoon brown sugar
    1 - 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (1 large or 2 small)
    ½ cup crushed tomatoes
    ¾ cup chicken broth
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    ¾ cup heavy cream, or ½ & ½ (I prefer heavy cream!!)
    12 ounces fettuccine
    Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
    Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, for serving.

Instructions.

Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta. Toss shrimp with 1 - 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning and coat well. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or so until starting to curl. Flip shrimp over and cook another minute or two and then remove to a plate and set aside. Drizzle pan with a little more olive oil, add sausage and brown until nicely caramelized, about 4 - 5 minutes. Remove to plate, set aside.
    Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook until al dente, a minute less than package instructions.
    Lower heat to medium and add another good drizzle of olive oil to the pan, add the onion, red bell pepper, thyme, smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, brown sugar and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until onion and pepper have softened a bit, scraping up any browned bits that you can. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
    Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan, simmer a couple minutes. Add cream and stir to combine, bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add cooked pasta and andouille sausage and stir to combine and heat through, 2 - 3 minutes. Add more chicken broth or cream if it seems dry or you'd like more sauce (I added ¼ cup of each). Salt and pepper to taste and then lastly, add blackened shrimp and combine, or place shrimp on top of pasta. Sprinkle with some more freshly cracked black pepper, grated Parmesan and chopped parsley. Enjoy

14. 4north1side2

Thanks! I'm looking forward to concocting this creation.

15. Reverie

Hope you tell me how you liked it when you do.

16. 4north1side2

Been working out 6 days a week, nothing serious tho.

Jog for 1 hour one day, walk a hour to a hour and a half the next. Swim one day, play tennis another which I'm enjoying the fuck out of! Tennis is the only physical activity I fully love now, really gets the blood flowing with all the running back n forth.

17. 4north1side2

Started doing push ups again last week. Started at 20, up to 45 as of yesterday. Goal is 60.

Been losing weight at a super fast rate just by being more restrictive with eating. Size 36W pants I brought a couple months ago I can now take off without unbuttoning with some maneuvering. 32W is still the goal.

I still don't want to lift weights but the desire is starting to creep back. I should be back lifting in September.

18. 4north1side2

[​IMG]

Granted I'm sucking in hard as fuck in this pic, I've lost a ton of weight since July. I wish I had a before picture. This is a size small t shirt, in July I was rocking a large. I hoped on two scales at the gym yesterday and was welcomed to a very big surprise. The digital scale showed I was down to 200lbs, the mechanical said 207lbs. Crazy! I thought I was 215lbs this whole time. I think both scales are wrong, I need to weigh myself elsewhere.

19. Reverie

Cool, keep up the good job.

20. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

You killing it!