Pictured: The US police officer 'who shot an Australian woman, 40, dead'

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Jul 17, 2017.

1. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

This is a rogue cop theres no saying he didnt have angst towards his partner. It sounds purposeful to me. Only been in the force since 2015.. the most aggrevating thing is that they never do better. Cameras are conveniently off. They need an investigation into the whole god damn system not an individual case by case scenario. Their whole way of 'operation' needs some thorough investigating. And it needs to start at the recruitment period.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well your last line might prove to be correct...
    And might explain why this skittish cop had his gun drawn..(though the partner could be lying)

Officials: Australian woman shot after cops heard loud sound

An Australian woman who called 911 to report a possible assault was shot and killed by a Minneapolis police officer after the officers heard a loud sound near their squad car, according to information released Tuesday by Minnesota investigators.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said Justine Damon...approached the driver's side window of the squad car immediately after the driver had been startled by the sound. The officer in the passenger seat, Mohamed Noor, fired his weapon, hitting Damond through the open driver's side window, the BCA said.

The BCA said its agents interviewed the officer who was driving the car, Officer Matthew Harrity, on Tuesday but Noor declined to be interviewed. The BCA said his attorney did not indicate when, or if, Noor would be interviewed.

3. z

z Well-Known Member

RIP

Sad unarmed citizens getting slaughtered left and right by the ppl who sworn to protect them.

I agree with Bliss, it looks like negligent, either he was scared and quickly discharged or was not aware of the position of his weapon while talking to the victim. Either way it costed her life.

4. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

RIP...A life cut short needlessly...The officer heard firecrackers...got scared, panicked and the gun went off accidentally...His partner is lucky he wasn't shot...He must have thought she had a gun, which is why he pointed the gun at her...reminds me of the asian officer who killed a Brooklyn black man in 2014 after hearing a noise...fired his gun skittishly, accidentally...it ricocheted off a cement wall and killed the victim...Ali should be fired at the very least...who wants to work with a officer who is a scaredy cat...? prosecuted for negligent homicide...definitely...At his trial, I would use, "Other officers in the U.S. were targeted and killed by what seemed to be innocent bystanders...they were gunned down mercilessly...What say that this woman didn't premeditate a plan on calling police to come on a false claim and then gun them down in cold blood..."...

5. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Only a fool would believe that

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I can certainly believe that. Cops know what time it is. You do not get away with killing pretty women without severe consequences...unless you're rich as fuck

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I can imagine there's plenty of questions that goes through a cop's head in potentially dangerous situations. In my mind it underscores the thing that people shouldn't take that job if they're not truly ready for the inherent risks. Clearly, better screening is needed. I do understand that nothing prepares you for the real thing, but this getting scared and costing innocent people their lives is a real problem. My huge issue with Gurley killing in Brooklyn was that the cop's first action following the shooting was that he used his cell phone to call his union rep as this innocent person is laying there wounded, and eventually died..

8. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

It seems that, due to the high level of violent incidents, and the high level of gun ownership, that officers
    are only too ready to use their weapon. Just like in a battle situation.
    I do not think this will change, unfortunately.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If the French government becomes rouge then the British could save them and vice versa. We are across the water over here pretty much alone. Yes our citizens have the right to bear arms, get over it.

10. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Its like a left over from the wild west.
    Only the military and the police should be allowed carry arms in public.
    No wonder you have such high murder rates.

11. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Now that we are hearing more information directly from the officer involved in this terrible and tragic shooting, he is claiming that he thought he was under attack. From what I have read so far, I think its fair to expect a trained officer to be able to determine and access real threats from non-threats. She was not armed and was asking for help, depending on what account you read, she was either still running towards the car or already talking to the partner when Noor shot her. He also shot across his partner out of the window, very dangerous. Of course we all have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, but the fact that both body cameras and the car camera were all turned off while responding to an emergency call is also very suspect....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-officer-explains-killed-bride-justine-damond-100009978.html

13. z

z Well-Known Member

Like they say No good deeds go unpunished.....

She called the cops coz she thought someone was being sexually assaulted in her neighborhood, now she is dead.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Very sad.
    Much like Philandro did the lawful thing and identified he had a permit and firearm, he is dead too. It's beyond comprehension.

[​IMG]
    A touching moment was captured between the fiancé of Justine Damond and Philando Castile's mother.

Photographers caught Valerie Castile embracing Don Damond during the Peace and Justice March for Justine held in Minneapolis on Thursday.

Hundreds gathered with the pair in a show of solidarity of family members whose loved ones were shot and killed by Minnesota police officers.

[​IMG]

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Nice moment of solidarity there...

16. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

I guess what, one will get justice, the other can't.

17. z

z Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what came out of that sexual assault she was going to report, did they find individual? Was it an assault? Was it just a loud noise? What was going on? Media is not talking about it

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

She didn't have to die':
    Minneapolis police chief RESIGNS...
    [​IMG]

Minneapolis police chief resigns at mayor's request after officer's shooting of Australian woman who called 911.

Police Chief Janeé Harteau announced her resignation Friday in a statement posted to the police department website.

The chief's departure comes less than a week after an officer fatally shot Justine Damond.

Justine didn't have to die. This should not have happened,' Harteau said during a press conference.

Mayor Betsy Hodges issued a statement after Harteau resigned, saying she asked for the chief to step down.

'As far as we have come, I've lost confidence in the Chief's ability to lead us further - and from the many conversations I've had with people around our city, especially this week, it is clear that she has lost the confidence of the people of Minneapolis as well,' Hodges said.

'For us to continue to transform policing — and community trust in policing — we need new leadership at MPD,' the statement read.

'In conversation with the Chief today, she and I agreed that she would step aside to make way for new leadership. I asked Chief Harteau for her resignation, she tendered it, and I have accepted it,' Hodges said.

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LMFAO. How come no police chiefs need to resign innocent BM are killed?

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Innocent and black don't go together duh lol

And this right here perfectly highlights why I could give two fucks about situations like this because they get justice. It's that blarringly obvious at this point.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017