Living on Bitcoin

Discussion in 'In the News' started by The Dark King, Feb 21, 2015.

1. z

z Well-Known Member

TDK

You still check your yahoo account?

Is it Bitcoin an east coast and other big city as well or can you use everywhere in the nation? It's my understanding that not all business have capability or desire to take it. Can you trade it? If you live in states where bit coins is not used, how can you participate in the game. I would appreciate if you can shade a light on this

Thx

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah haven't been on that email in awhile. Bitcoin is everywhere since it exists on the internet, it's digital.
    A lot of businesses are using it making it easier to use for your daily uses. You can trade on platforms like Bittrex and Polonex

It would help if you told me your goals with it

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

4. The Dark King

Ding ding ding give the man a prize. He's a speculator and gets rich off of shit like this. RBS did the same thing earlier in the year trying to start a sell off because they saw a crash coming. There is not a financial group on earth that would ever warn investors they make too much money that way.
    The market is getting bearish but for me the big earning opportunity will be when either the housing bubble stock market bubble or student loan bubble goes. It will make 08 feel like a picnic but if you have capital to invest you're going to see a huge up tick in overnight millionaires and billionaires and possibly the first string of trillionaires by 2025

5. z

z Well-Known Member

Trying to dabble in it a little and invest more as I get more knowledge

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Hey, Dark King. Exactly what is a BIT COIN??

Is it like a stock investment?? Or is it an alternative currency????

Why does its value seem to continue increasing and why does JP Morgan's Jamie Dimon hate them so much???

The fact that the CEO of JP Morgan is so dismissive of bitcoins has piqued my interest.

7. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Hmm, where do I invest?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Just got my digital wallet. I'm using Coinbase.

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What's the most popular and/or best digital wallet? @The Dark King

10. The Dark King

Well best is subjective but a lot of peeople like the blockchain wallet

11. The Dark King

Welcome to the fold fam

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Started playing with Ripple. When Coinbase starts working with it, it's going to go up.

Wish I had bought some Bitcoins back when it was doable for me.

13. The Dark King

Its still doable. Do the research fam. The train ain't stopping any time soon.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Because of the Coup in Zimbabwe and their currency now being worthless, Zimbabweans have turned to Bitcoin in desperation for goods, jacking it to over $13,000 a coin there. Crazy.

15. The Dark King

Not too shabby for fake internet money.
    Btw it was around 500 bucks when we started this discussion

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that it's a limited Supply - that once the 21 million Bitcoins are mined, the mine 'destructs' - there is no more Bitcoin 'minted'.

Then when l read that most of the Bitcoin is not in circulation, followed by the fact that only a few people own the majority of the Bitcoins (including the Japanese guy and that one family, can't remember their names)

Then there's still the fact that they're not guaranteed from loss or theft.

Finally, how does a golbal and local society function when money moves anonymously, with no concrete tracking, no taxing, no accountability for where this crypto-currency is being used...do you think that's going to be how money is transactioned in future society?
    IDK, Bitcoin to me is just like a trading stock.

17. The Dark King

Not trying to pick a fight but seriously everything you just wrote is false

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Im not picking a fight either, just relaying what ive read..
    I did find the guys name...

The world's largest bitcoin holder. This honor is thought to belong to bitcoin's shadowy inventor Satoshi Nakamoto, who is estimated to have mined 1 million bitcoins in the currency's early days. His stash is spread across manywallets.
    Dec 18, 2013

"Once it was released into the wild, the bitcoincurrency ecosystem operated on a public, inalterable schedule. We know exactly how many bitcoins there are in existence today(12,446,725) and how many there will eventually be in total: when the 21 millionth bitcoin is minted, the plates automatically self-destruct.Mar 5, 2014."

Also the family l noted is the Winklevoss Twins.

Interesting article on ownership written last month...

https://cointelegraph.com/news/who-...satoshi-nakamoto-to-winklevoss-twins-and-more

A chart from the story...

[​IMG]

19. The Dark King

Well if this was just a money grab for the inventor he probably would have cashed out long before now and even did hold the worlds largest stake so what. No one is crying over Zuckerberg or Gates owning majority shares of their companies. And bitcoin isn't a stock think of it more like gold which isn't subject to shareholder manipulation like stocks. And its great there is a finite amount so someone can't manipulate the value. The problem our economy has is you can print money whenever you want giving total control to the printers not the market or the people.
    I have no problem with the Winklevoss twins having as much as they do since its a relatively small stake the value is crazy though. They're gonna make more money with bitcoin than they ever would have with facebook. You can quote me on that.

20. The Dark King

Btw the way those top 100 addresses are usually exchanges like coinbase no different than a bank. How much of the world's money do you think Chase and Citigroup have?