Do most Russian women have an attraction to Black men?

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by dark side, Sep 15, 2005.

1. dark side

dark side Restricted

I would not normally ask this since I'm not egotistical enough to believe that all women are attracted to black guys, or even the majority of them. But every Russian girl I have ever met has either tried to date me or was dating another black guy. And these girls weren't born in the U.S. They have strong accents and they've recently come from Russia. So I was wondering if they are attracted to black men because they don't get to see a lot of them in their country or if there is another reason. Or am I entirely wrong?

2. LA

LA Well-Known Member

maybe some of them might be more inclined to do IR here in the states but be more cautious and less inclined to do it in Russia because there probably aren't as many IR relationships out there.

3. dark side

dark side Restricted

Maybe your right. I got the feeling that they didn't see much other than white men back in Russia.

4. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

One thing that most American men don't realize about Russia is this: There are 10 million MORE women than men in Russia. This out of a total population of 145 million people....so, the men have the advantage in Russia, but most are poor, and drink too much...so, Russian women look outside their country more than any other women in the world. There are very few Black people in Russia. However, the women see that many of the best athletes are Black, not to mention hip-hop/R&B music & lifestyle is dominating the world. So, many Russian women get a positive image of Black men (even though the racist skinheads try to convince Russian women otherwise). When Russian women get to the US, where there are lots of bruthas...they wanna taste some chocolate. Are y'all feelin' me????

If bruthas would take the time & effort to learn passable Russian, and then travel to Russia, they could pretty much have their pick of young, beautiful model-type women, who would do pretty much whatever they wanted. Because Russian women luv to please their men!

The Kid Rasta 8)

5. Moskvichka

Moskvichka New Member

6. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

I don't really understand your question. Why does it have to be Russian women who have an attraction to black men?

I say go with Kid Rasta on this. Since he travels a lot, he's the most likely to know.

7. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Tru dat...I've never been to Russia, but I happen to study the women/men ratios in foreign countries...and I conclude that it's probably one of the top 2 or 3 in the world. This means that's there's lots of available single women in the marrying age range.

The Kid Rasta 8)

8. Ice_Ballerina

Ice_Ballerina New Member

Laws of Attraction

I'm of Russian descent...however I was born and raised here (no accent or anything like that). I don't think that you're wrong. I think that is a pretty good observation. I have the typical blonde hair, and blue eyes. It's like what they say about opposites. I am strongly attracted to the exact opposite of what I see in the mirror. I think brown skin and brown eyes are so beautiful. It could just be something as simple as "the laws of attraction"...maybe, I dunno...all I have is two cents.

ICE.

9. dark side

dark side Restricted

Re: Laws of Attraction

I feel the same way. I'm attracted to white women more than black women I guess because I see it as boring to be with someone who looks like me. If I were a white guy I'd probably want to be with black women.

10. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

I'm the same way myself.

11. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Thanks for confirming what I believe.

The Kid Rasta 8)

12. Ice_Ballerina

Ice_Ballerina New Member

Gmils...LOL...I said I was Russian, I didn't say I was smart.

13. lilidawn

lilidawn New Member

I know IR dating is big in Germany and Australia

14. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

Oh. I must've missed that post.

15. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

Hmmmm.....

16. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

The fact of the matter is this: Russian women are becoming an increasing part of a Black man's IR experience....and they will continue to be.

The Kid Rasta 8)

17. sunstorm

sunstorm New Member

I dated a couple of Russian women. The impression I get is that the attraction to black men is mostly about liberalism & adventurism... Not to insult Russian women, but based on what I see, that's what it's mostly about.

I doubt if many end up bringing their guys home to meet Mom & Dad... It could be that Russian women aren't quick to do that anyway, but I get the feeling that when it comes to settling down, they're not about to flout society all that much...

In my experience & based on what I read, they tend to be adventurous, strong-willed, & straightforward.. The ones I dated were pretty sophisticated, pretty well traveled, nice sense of fashion... Very confident & often *bluntly* vain... The most recent one I was with was a very bright woman too (unlike the other I dated...), though strangely enough she would lie a lot & then forget her lies!... lol She was very beautiful, but a little "off"...

Both were Jewish, one Sephardic, very middle eastern looking (like Afghani) and other Ashkenazim & very, very germanic-looking... (In fact, I wouldn't have guessed she was from Eastern Europe, and I'm pretty good at such guesses...) I dated both briefly & didn't sleep with either.

The most recent one was very interesting to hang with -- there seemed to be a lot to know about her --but I didn't like the way her attitude toward me changed in certain settings. After a while, I didn't return her calls.

The first one -- well -- dumped *me*. lol I think I seemed too eager... The girl was FINE though -- long slim legs, dark hair, beautiful face...

...So that's my experience with Russian women. By the way, I don't try to meet Russian women -- both just happened...

All in all, I like their attention when it comes, but I don't think many marriages will come out of this "trend" (if there even is such a trend)... I don't think it's a fair generalization to say that Russian women (in America) like black men. I'd venture, though, that a somewhat greater percentage of them are open to dating black men than American white women are...

18. Ice_Ballerina

Ice_Ballerina New Member

Wow! That was a lot to process considering, when it's all said and done, it boils down to individual preference.

If you think about it...love prevails. Doesn't it? At least I am under the "faerie tale" impression that it does.

I'm sorry about the liar...I hate people who can't keep up with their own lies...I've been with a few too many of those :roll:

I just really want to believe that if you choose a mate based on looks...and it turns out to be true love...then all the other stuff will just fall nicely into place.

Maybe I'm wrong...Well okay, GENERALLY I'm wrong...but let's not talk about that!

ICE

19. staceybrewer

staceybrewer New Member

:lol:

I think that post speaks for itself. I think many Russian women have a preconceived ideal of what many black men are suppossed to be through many images they see in TV. Black American culture in the true sense is not what you see on hip-hop rap music videos, fashion, or tv, it involves black history.

20. sunstorm

sunstorm New Member

Don't be... Had nothing to do with you, my dear....

Anyway, though I can't agree with the generality that Russian women like black men, I can say, based on my limited experience & knowledge, that I like Russian women. I like their style...