PA Judge: Muslims Allowed to Attack citizens for Insulting Mohammad

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He cites the Constitution?! This is an example of Sharia law. Why he wasn't recused is beyond me.

http://news.yahoo.com/penn-judge-muslims-allowed-attack-people-insulting-mohammad-210000330.html

2. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Watch the tea party blame Obama...he is after all a Muslim rat.

"look what he's doing to the country. We will soon be following sharia law folks. I have it on good authority that Barak Obama planned, facilitated, and singlehandedly orchestrated 911...he was one of the box cutter carrying terrorists"

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with Obama, but this is an example of Sharia Law.

And from my recollection, it was Leftist loons who insisted Busb orchestrated 911. ;)

`

4. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Uhm...what?

I know Obama had nothing to do with this. That was my point.

And your recollection is correct...the bush/Cheney regime had to have a plan for a plush retirement...after all, there's all of Europe to avoid and "friends" to shoot in the face after you bring down a government in 8 years or less.

5. nocturnalmission

nocturnalmission New Member

Unfortunately, there are many examples of miscarried justice brought on by judges who choose to interpret U.S. law by their own interpretations of what was meant, what happened, etc...

Depending on where the judge in question sits (civil, state, federal, etc)... his decision may be beyond question by design of laws meant to guarantee his impartiality (or lack thereof)....

I'm sure there will be appeals and judicial review, but this one won't be settled until a higher court hears the arguments.

One interesting note: You seldom hear of active judges criticizing another judge's ruling..... :smt087

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

fuck that

the judge needs to have his shit revoked

you can't go around attacking people because they disagree with you

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Quick q...to clarify -.do you mean his decision may be legally protected, despite how much we fuss about it?

8. nocturnalmission

Without going into a lot of detail... depending on how state constitutions were written, some positions and the inherent power that comes with said position, eludes radar and common sense.

Elected judges tend to be more prudent in their off-the-wall decisions, generally siding with the voting populace....

Judges appointed for life, don't have to concern themselves with public opinion...

Tenure and power give appointed judges the edge to be on the edge...

Even senility takes an act of congress to remove them and review their decisions....

So convoluted a web....

9. nocturnalmission

Cosign... but it's not always (forgive the pun) black and white....

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I see. Thank you. I am aware that elected judges must play to their electorate, and of course we know the Supreme court is insulated from the threat of that scrutiny...but I noticed the author cited:

The text of the First Amendment could not be clearer. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof -

So it appears he is not protected by the designs of law in this case? Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see the fallout on this.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The case IMO should have been thrown out unless the man assaulted was physically hurt and required medical attention, however the judge's justification was wrong.

Free speech is free speech.

13. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I bet you smoke A LOT of pot, huh?

14. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

the war on drugs sends all kind of non violent people to prison..not just non violent black people.

And heavy use of such drugs as cocaine and crack and meth tends to make non-violent people violent.

Are we suppose to build special places to put all those non violent drug addicts? I think it's call rehab and we already have those. So your point there is what?

It may be that black people serve more of their prision time on drug convictions than white people do..but i think that if you get busted with enough drugs to warrant a charge and have to serve your sentence..then it doesn't matter if you are black or white. If you happen to be a rich white person..that's different. But the law doesn't give five fucks difference if you are a poor white person.

15. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I need that crybaby picture.

LIFE IS UNFAIR.

GET OVER IT.

16. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Velkrum, please shut the fuck up!

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Who the hell gave Johnson K-8 rep?? :smt104

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Remember we had someone who gave that fool All Jizz Head rep when he was here to help him to get off one of his two restrictions, so nothing surprises me in this place....:rolleyes:

19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, good point...I kinda blocked that psycho out, lol. I guess when we manage to get rid of one fool, there's always another fool to take his/her place.

20. nocturnalmission

Just One?????? :smt069