Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. designer

designer New Member

I like O because it was one of the more original retellings of Othello which was one of my favorite works of Shakespeare. So I'd say more of the story than the chemistry.

I think there was more chemistry between Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas in Save the Last Dance but that doesn't lessen the work she and Mekhi Phifer did in O.

Not that I'm an actor or anything but I would imagine that when you work with a somewhat newer store [as was the case in Save the Last Dance for example] that there is more freedom to develop a character versus O where in order to stay true to the original work, the room for character development is going to be limited to more subtle things. 8)

2. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

3. Malik True

Malik True New Member

What's wild is 200 m an F'ers looked and the video but no comments...
    HOT SHIT!

4. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMIlAPOMwUg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMIlAPOMwUg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

They are trying to be risky with a guy of mixed race but they should be doing this with a darker skinned guy . . . if you know what I mean.

You know some mixed kids who parent is black don't want to consider themselves as black.

5. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

To me he is unmistakably black (or part black), in fact he looks like one of my sons.

This is a bold move by the studio and by Duff considering her status as a sort of Disney Princess. I like it.

6. axum

axum Member

Princess??

HA!!

She is a crack-hoe who took the Britney Spears route of fame and fortune.

Her charisma and status went way-down-hill as a result from her antics and her father being being caught up with the law. So the studio doesn't give a damn who she is paired with. Little suburban girls don't look up to her as they used too.

Miley Cyprus is the one who has the Disney Princess title, now.

7. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Yes, Hillary def passed it on. BTW, its Cyrus, trust me, I know. I have teenage girls in the house. :cool:

8. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

I actually like Hillary Duff. I think she's really pretty and hasn't went too off the rails like LiLo.

She was on an episode of Law and Order: SVU the other day and I think she did really well.

I hope this movie is good for her.

9. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

Miley Cyprus... lol.

10. satyricon

satyricon Guest

Obviously a friend of malikom. Both of you should look for negative rep, it's coming real soon.

11. axum

axum Member

OK, I just saw the trailer after I typed my response, and...well, that IS a bold move for letting the All-AMerican, non-hood white girl to hook-up with a black dude.

The movie isn't hood, and has a target audience for middle-America. And also, ROss' part could have easily went to Shea Labeouf, or some teen wm (there are tons of them).

But then again this IS Lohan we're talking about here, if it was Cyprus then she would have NOT have been hooked-up with a black male. I think this sends a subtle message about whitegirls who have fallen off the path, since the audience KNOWS about her troubled lifestyle. Cap off all her troubles with some black D*CK!! 'Cause that's what all druggies that white America despises now do, right??

12. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

You've got your dethroned Disney Princesses mixed up.

13. axum

axum Member

Why? Because I go against the status quo?

14. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

Wtf? You watched the trailer yet you still think she is Lindsey Lohan? Get some glasses dude.

15. axum

axum Member

Whoops, I thought this was Lohan, LOL, that's why I went on that tangent.

My fault.

16. satyricon

satyricon Guest

I go against the status quo, because there is no one else here like me. You're just a cockroach.

17. chicity

chicity New Member

Sounds like you've got a big happy family there, Sir Nose. I know you mentioned having sons, and daughters as well? (or are the teenaged girls just in the house because they're so taken with your sons?) Either way, congrats, and belated congrats on the upcoming anniversary. :smt023

....(sorry for the temporary thread diversion)....

18. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Thanks CBQ :cool:

Shades of Roseanne Roseannadanna from SNL circa 1979...

19. axum

axum Member

Oh so you want to get into a flame-match now?

Son, I have better things to do then bitch about someone who has conflicting opinions, I admitted I've made a mistake, so take your tough-guy routine to someone who actually want to take the bait.

I've been here ever since the REAL troll Lexington was poisoning the threads, I've never had that much to say, so I'm not trolling, so I suggest you keep on rolling, or continue type meaningless drivel about me.

THanks.

20. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

[​IMG]