do black women not like ww/bm together?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by missykins, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It is not about "a few eligible black men" or white men or any others, for that matter. It's about the "same" man. That man who is attractive, educated and doing well for himself(his own home and a career).
    Marilyn Monroe once said, "All a girl wants is for a guy to prove that he is not like the others." I had posted the exact quote in the Favorite quotes thread somewhere.
    Anyway, your only defense is to ignore it. Walk away. These folks do not live with you and you do not live with them. Let it go and walk away.

2. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

If these BW aren't in your immediate family or paying you, you should give not a two fucks what they have to say about who you're dating. :cool: Some sisters kill me with this shit!

3. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter as long as you're respectful and happy.

4. thefieryphoenix

thefieryphoenix Active Member

Since I was a teenager, I have heard that trash from black women about white women stealing us from black women. Honestly, the black women who say/believe this need to start exercising some agency. If they are having trouble finding men, then maybe something is wrong with their personalities. They need to work on themselves instead of starting a whole lot of unnecessary turmoil.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The thing I have heard(and I have heard this a lot) on television is that black women are the strength and conscience of the black community. Their rationale is that because they are strong and will not suffer fools and foolishness. This would seem like they come across as rude and loud. They feel that they deserve an attractive and successful black man because they are made for them and no one else. But, if they are rejected, they feel left out and unappreciated. "He's with a white woman because he can't handle a beautiful, intelligent and STRONG black woman." And all because she feels that this man's mother and siblings were black and his dating or marrying a non-black woman is a betrayal to the black family and the black race because it must survive.
    I contend that the strength of one's character is not a tool of aggression or a weapon to be used on the unsuspecting world. But people feel the need to let it out, anyway. As it was said in the film Australia, "Pride's not power."
    And as I have mentioned before, a woman has the power of choice. But, so does the man. Both have the power to exercise the power to choose. So, if I became successful or wealthy, I would do well not to advertise it. I'd rather be treated the way I am treated today than like a celebrity the next day. The truth is this; they didn't grow up with me. The don't know my mother. They didn't share in my trials and tribulations. They are not with me(not even in spirit)on my life journey. THEY DO NOT OWN ME.
    I DO NOT OWN THEM.
    And in conclusion, I say focus on you and work on you to succeed in your life.

6. jessica5

jessica5 New Member

There will always be haters, but I know a lot of black women that are ok with races mixing. In fact, most of black women I know agree with interracial relationships. The biggest problem through racism is how close minded people are, but generally whites are the most close minded. There will always be haters on both races, but I'd say blacks are the more comprehensive and tolerant.

Oh, and I'm white by the way.

7. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

That statement's too general to make

8. jessica5

jessica5 New Member

Perhaps I should rephrase? Figure this: black people are about 20% of world pop, and just about 13% in US. So it's not hard to see why the most of pop decided to enslave the lesser of pop. So it's kinda easy that any black person would feel angry if their race received so much abuse as they received. I'm not saying that black people are all saints either, and that white are mean and satanic. People are not different because of race, that's true, but I tell you that in my case, most of women I know, have not prejudice about that. Perhaps you know people that do. There's all kind of people, but blacks had several mentors like Martin Luther King that pleaded to avoid angry feelings and thirst for revenge or reparations. Not saying that white people would be different if switching sides, but blacks are tolerant imho, very tolerant.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

wtf.....
    did you read the damn title of this thread?

10. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Yes.... what's your point?

11. jessica5

jessica5 New Member

The thing is that even when it's pretty utopic to believe in total tolerance, there's plenty of black women that actually are ok with interracial relationships regarding black men and white women.

There always be haters, but I think society is slowly accepting interracial love. Such changes take centuries, we are just pioneering that.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

go back and read the thread name some of things have been said versus what she said and answer that.

13. LuvLife82

LuvLife82 New Member

Not all black women are against IR between WW and BM. One of my female friends who is black wanted to hook me up with one of her white female friends.

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Very cool. If one of my black female friends is looking for a boyfriend, I include my friends of all races in the pool of possible candidates.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

At the end of the day its about happiness

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Hear, hear!

17. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Black women are super cool with black men dating white women

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I dont know about super cool but no better no worst than anyone else

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Depends on the black dude. Urkel yup no one cares. Shemar Moore and the world is about to end ready the troops lol.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

This is what I'm seeing/hearing/reading as well.

However, you do still have those that complain we're taking their men and making their pond smaller and the fish fewer.