Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. FRESH

FRESH New Member

What did you ride?

2. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Before my accident in January, I did. Bike was totaled and I have permanent damage in my left knee and jerkoff wrist.

I plan to get another bike by mid-next year though.

3. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Well, we see both women and men cycle off this site. When I first joined the site, there was a pretty good mix of men and women, but that has been on a steady decline and more often than not the new members are usually always dudes. Personally, I don't think there are enough topics to keep WW engaged in meaningful conversation. There's a lot of sports, B-list celebrity fuck gossip, racial injustice toward BM and show us your tits types of threads.

Maybe I'm way off base here, but I'm having a hard time seeing any reason for women to want to stick around here very long.

4. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

Wow im shocked i havent heard of it. Im gonna have to check it out.

5. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

Hey ur blessed to still be here. I was in an accident that should have killed me, ( a car t boned me at 45 mph and totaled her car and i didnt go down and all i had was a bone bruise on my right foot.) Idc if i end up missing limbs im gonna find away to ride lol. Aww bro not the meat beater. Id sue over that. They gone have to but something bionic in there so i can tear it up lol.

6. FRESH

FRESH New Member

You can do everything right and end up in a bad position, but that's a good position to come back, it would be a different story if you were out there stuntin and got hurt a lot worse. A lot of people don't stop driving cars because they got in an accident, same for us.

They don't have the greatest website, but it tells you what you need to know. Watch the YouTube videos, there's a couple that are decent.

I just recently purchased a watch phone, the Neptune Pine, to pair with the bike. My plan is to go to San Fran to pick it up and ride up the coast to see a friend in Washington and then transport it from there. The bike has a status app, you can check recharge levels, so I can ride, make stops and know to the second when I can leave next. Their marketing depart has ok'd a goPro setup for my ride and will more than likely use footage for their future website and official YouTube.

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Good points. Maybe we should start a few more general interest topic threads? Also, sorry to hear about the injuries on your motorcycle. Hope you're back riding again soon.

8. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Hello my friend, how are you?:D
    A nice thought of you. I hope for wwbm that it will work in future and I really appreciate and admire webbie for his patience. I keep it short, because I don't even know anymore where I could start.
    Too many limits were blown, disregarded. Excuses like , "It's just unimportant"," it's just the Internet", "Do not take it seriously" isn't really an excuse. Well, this is now the result .. You can say anything, of course, but then you have to understand too, when people turn around and leave to invest their time into something more positive, more satisfying

9. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

[post]905543[/post]

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This is going to end well

11. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

To be fair, I joined this site to connect more with black culture internationally, and this site gave me exactly what I was looking for - and for that I'm forever grateful. So no complaints - seek and ye shall find. But as far as contributing myself, it was really fun at first, but I found myself getting bored with what felt like debates among men - who tolerated the occasional intrusion from a girl - and I just checked out the music mostly. Most posters were really nice and polite when I tried to contribute to the black caucus, but I sensed I was really intruding in on the conversation, getting sorta patronizing responses like "you're finally learning" (about the the plight of black men). Which is fine. I am learning. I'm getting a precious education from this extraordinary chance to get into the hearts and minds of black men, but I also found myself learning how to conform, how to censor my comments. I didn't think my comments were racist, but then I guess I wouldn't be in a position to judge that. It's not that I felt I had racist thoughts that needed censoring, but rather that I just needed to be really really careful - or don't say anything at all - because the dragons are angry. I felt the anger generally expressed here is misdirected - Sharpton preaching at the two ww in his choir. But I appreciate it all really, I'm not afraid of challenging conversation or being called out when I act insensitive, ignorant, or racist. At some point it gets boring is all. Found myself wondering the other week that since I'd had so much fun with this site if perhaps there were other forums out there in the world to check out.

12. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Not really. The site holds an eclectic bunch of disembodied and disillusioned individuals who mainly come here out of questionable means or a retreat from the hardships or repetitious outcomes in life. As you already know by now, we all have varying experiences and views on certain things, but many would be quick to pounce on anything contrary to the sensitivities of black-related causes, which sort of diminishes the equal importance of struggles between the two groups which is the main purpose of the site.

Yes, you're learning from word of mouth and their personal experiences, but in turn, it's more to do with just hearing and not listening to plights on both ends and needs to truly understand one another. I still sense a disconnect in many of the forum members on here because they are more concentrated on their own plight and not the overall picture. Regardless, they all are decent people, however asinine or crazy they may be. Eventually, there will be some level of evolution in mindset and critical thinking. Just....taking baby steps along the way.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

So what the fuck I'm on netflix looking for movies to rent, and the popular releases like purge anarchy and xmen days of future past don't even show up under ''new releases'

However, if you search for them, they show them as being ready for renting

How the fuck am I supposed to know what's out

:smt095

14. FRESH

FRESH New Member

I noticed the same thing last weekend.

15. Athena

Athena New Member

This is how I feel as well.

16. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

What you guys are saying is why I try to be as non-combative as possible. For me, it doesn't really accomplish anything and it's too bad that people get driven off because of the tone of some of the topics here. Not a white woman (obviously) but I feel your pain.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Seriously I didn't even know either movie was available for rent until I booted up playstation store

Netflix needs to tighten up

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It ain't just the women either

Sometimes I go on hiatus for months at a time

19. FRESH

FRESH New Member

And fly right.

I don't think enough people have brought it to their attention.

20. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Why should you have to censor your comments? It's not everybody is in agreement on 'any' topic here, really.

I think the site could do with more threads geared specifically toward bm and ww that touches on a little more the physical. I think by now we get it, all WW want their black Adonis and all BM want Aphrodite. There's not a lot of BM / WW conversations for 'normal people'.

Anyway.,. the site is what we make it. I've certainly cycled myself off the site for extended periods of time as well.