Love @ First Tweet: Two Dating Experts Tie the Knot

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by TheUtopian, Jun 22, 2014.

1. TheUtopian

TheUtopian Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Originally posted on People.com, May 2014
    Link

It was a fateful Tweet that led to a wedding. When Laurie Davis, who parlayed her marketing skills into the successful online dating consulting service eFlirtexpert, first reached out to Thomas Edwards, Jr., founder of his own dating consulting company The Professional Wingman, sent that first message she had no idea she was starting a romantic relationship – she just thought his avatar was "handsome."

"I was searching #dating on Twitter, looking at dating sites and people to connect with in my industry when I came across Thomas and thought his avatar was handsome," she tells PEOPLE. "I pulled up his stream and saw he was also a dating coach. I thought the snapshot of his life from his Twitter profile was amazing and I knew I needed to know this guy."

She made the initial first move – retweeting one of his Tweets – and soon the two were Tweeting back and forth. Which next led to a DM, a drink and a dinner "date."

"We closed the restaurant down," says Edwards, Jr., whose pal had warned him that he shouldn't mix business with pleasure. "We went from talking about business to it evolving into talking about our personal dating lives and where we grew up. It turned into an interesting courtship over the next month, talking, Tweeting, sharing ideas about how we were going to collaborate, forming a plan of action. I realized there was a connection there and I had to pursue it."

Though Davis, 32, was an early adopter of online dating, admitting she started back at age 19, Edwards, 28, says he'd never online dated, and so he thought Davis's expertise could help his own clients.

"The definition of online dating goes beyond dating sites and apps today," says Davis. "It is any connection you can make. Social media is one of those venues that connection can happen. I can definitely teach people from experience what to do when you have a Twitter crush. But the most important part of online dating is getting offline."

After dating since 2009, the two love experts said their "I Dos" in Boston and will set up house together in New York. Though they plan to continue to run their separate dating consulting businesses and embrace the wonder of social media, Edwards says he's actually an old-fashioned romantic at heart.

"No, I didn't propose in a Tweet," Edwards says, laughing. "I was very old school about it. I hand-write notes and leave them on her pillow. I bring out a bouquet of flowers when she's been traveling. I am totally that old-fashioned romantic at heart."

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What a fabulous story... what a beautiful couple. This is the new-age couple! <33

3. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

+1

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Kinda funny how this hip AMERICAN couple - a dual, successful, both self-made, non-exhibitionist, positive-vibed and powerfully in love COUPLE... gets narly the attention that THEY DESERVE here.

Cause she ain't in booty shorts, dumb, twerking on the pole, spreading it for the pervs on tape...
    and he ain't dragging on a joint, beefin, sipppin' Lean/sizzurp or palming a b-ball / tucking a f-ball.

So yeah.. *crickets*

5. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

Some here think that a BM can only get a good looking WW if he is rich.Since this guy isn't rich I can understand that crowd not having anything to say.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Congratulations to this couple.

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

For some stupid reason the positive topics never get the attention that the negative shit does around here. :(

I posted this a while back about this couple:

http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showpost.php?p=889698&postcount=869

Congrats to the lovely couple! :smt023

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Knock that off, that's really not the fault of the forum since the negative couples get all the attention. Where did you find this? I didn't see it in any of my feeds or on FB

9. The Dark King

10. The Dark King

Just checked out her website been doing the exact same thing for years but didn't figure out how to do it like her kudos to her. Might even sign up and see what happens

11. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Love the hand on his shirt ;) What a beautiful couple :heart: Congrats to the newlyweds!!

13. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

They both did great and what Bliss said they did not do any stereotypical antics.

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Very cool story. And it totally defies the received wisdom b/c he's not an athlete, rich or good-looking. She's cute, but not a blinged-out bimbo. Just regular people connecting on a human level. This is the kind of story we should all be able to identify with.

15. Rashad

Rashad Active Member