Name the last three books you have read...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sir Nose, May 12, 2009.

1. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

The witches kitchen, cecilia holland. the pillars of the earth, ken follett. On the street where you live, mary higgins clark.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

3. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Nice read

[​IMG]

4. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

PettyOfficer, the following are excellent books on the minds of professional killers, their psychology and the secret societies that develop them:

"Assassin! The Deadly Art of the Cult of the Assassins" by Dr. HaHa Lung

"The Nine Halls of Death: Ninja Secrets of Mind Mastery" by Dr. HaHa Lung

"Lost Arts of War: Ancient Secrets of Strategy and Mind Control" by HaHa Lung

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  5. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

I will be reading Audacity of Amnesty by Barack Obama somewhere 2017:cool:

6. orejon4

Exams are over, so I have three weeks to read before the final semester grind gets underway. Time to finish up Fromm's 'The Sane Society' and pick up Carrie Gibson's 'Empire's Crossroads'.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The New Avengers (a graphic novel featuring Luke Cage and his wife and daughter).

Whiteout by Greg Rucka(it was made into a movie with Kate Beckinsale as U. S. Marshal Carrie Stetko)
    Whiteout: Melt(a sort of sequel of the further adventures of U.S. Marshal Carrie Stetko).

8. orejon4

Heading to the bookstore today! Empire's Crossing by Carrie Gibson and my annual tradition, The Economist's 'The World In (insert incoming year)'

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4 out of 5 stars read.

[​IMG]

4 out of 5 stars read. Fourth book in the Peter Grant series about a young biracial London police constable introduced to the hidden world of magic where he & his mentor try to prevent the rise of a skilled, cunning & lethal wizard who has secretly been operating in London.

[​IMG]

4 out of 5 stars read. Anyone who is a fan of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings or the original Star Wars trilogy may enjoy this. Book one of a 14 book series chronicling the journey of a young farm boy named Rand al'Thor, who discovers he is the long foretold reincarnation of an ancient powerful sorcerer king who is destined to either save his world or help destroy it in an eternal war against the living embodiment of evil & darkness, Shaitan, and his cabal of 13 equally powerful & corrupted sorcerers & sorceresses known as the Forsaken as they attempt to release their imprisoned master back into the world to recreate it in his own image.

10. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

"Han Mu Do" by Dr. He-Young Kimm

"Killing Patton: The Strange Death of World War II's Most Audacious General" by Bill O' Reilly and Martin Dugard

"Memory Jogger: A Guide of tools for Continuous Improvement and Effective Planning" by Michael Brassard and Diane Ritter

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

The Kushiel's Avatar truology. Found it on best of fantasy list. In all, it was a great adventure with an author that obviously knew ancient history extremely well. Has parts I think were redundant but in all well written and great entertainment

12. Khellendros

Khellendros New Member

13. interim

interim New Member

Linton Kwesi Johnson 'Selected poems'
    Linton Kwesi Johnson 'Mi Revalueshanary Fren: Selected Peoms'
    Leonard E.Barrett, Sir. 'The Rastafarians'

Always interested in something different.

14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Revival is pretty good read.

I've also read a huge box of paperback books someone gave me over the last several months, but none of them were all that post-worthy. They were mostly lame attempts at fantasy and sci-fi...a few were so-so, but most of them were crap.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And that's why they were given away rather than kept for re-reading at some future date. :D

16. Tamstrong

Probably so, because none of them were worth keeping. They were as cheesy as Harlequin romance novels. lol

My mother, her sister, and a couple of other women like to share books, and when my mother has an overabundance on her hands, she passes them on to me. Sometimes they're good ones and sometimes not. She dropped another box off this afternoon, and it looks like more of the same crap. Someone probably got them at a yard sale or something.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Hustler
    Playboy
    Swank

18. VitaminRich

VitaminRich New Member

I'm a big fan of Laura Joh Rowland's books. I have not read this one yet though.
    I have read all of the others. Poor San Ichiro! He always comes through, but man does he get abused!

19. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now I feel like reading the entire series again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's an awesome time travel story about a teacher on a mission to try to prevent the JFK assaination.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Another great short story collection. Unlike some of his other collections, I actually enjoyed every story in the book. lol

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So Anne Rice is resurrecting the Vampire Chronicles? Last I heard she was done with it. Might have to check it out.