"she's not hip hop" says hip hop star

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Sep 28, 2014.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Both of y'all some old fucks

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The old Coleco gaming system. That was the first gaming system we had before getting the Atari 2400.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol.....yep thats pong baby

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So Iggy and rapper Azelia Banks fued just escalated. Annonymous stepped in and have threatened Iggy to apologize to Banks, and for her culture misappropriation...within 48 hrs..or else.

Are you kidding me? So because she raps and they take offense, they are threatening to 'destroy' her? Annonymous is losing it. People should be able to make - and listenbto.. whatever the hell they want to!

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

people are stupid....this is beyond stupid.....

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They are threatening to destroy her career. l really dislike career bullies and saboteurs. My ex-hubby used to always say "don't fuck with a man's livelihood."(money).Sheeeet..

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

this came from a lot of people hating on her....because (i believe) shes a white woman from a foriegn country who blew the fuck up. not to mention shes fine as hell. that surely doesnt help

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ok, fine as hell is pushing it :eek:

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol....i always gotta test the boundaries

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

HA! I know, right?

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

dont act like you wouldnt hit that

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Heeeey, didn't you start the buttaface thread? Just sayin...

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol...thats cold..
    .i just broke a rib. lol

14. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

That would be me. Goodlove's just the inspiration behind it.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol...true...hey ms....look at that at that azz tho.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Too bad she doesn't like black guys

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol...ill lay my head on that ass like a pillow

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]
    that azz

19. hellified

hellified Active Member

What people are forgetting or overlooking is that the hip hop community has always called out those it thought was faking the funk. Iggy admits to making pop rap and thats whats usually gotten the most criticism from the hip hop community.

Remember when peeps was saying Souljaboy KILLED hip hop?

Remember when MC Hammer was getting clowned?

Remember when KRS1 crashed PM Dawns concert and threw them OFF THE STAGE literally?

Remember the flack Vanilla Ice caught and he single-handedly set white rappers back 10 years.

Could you make a case that its purely racial? Maybe but you have to overlook that a number of white rappers including 3rd Bass, the Beastie Boys and Eminem never got that kind of backlash or to the degree the others listed got. In fact Em admits that his skin color gives him an extra 10 points and has said so in a few songs BUT the big difference is no one can deny his rap talent. Even his staunchest critics have to admit that he's a damn good rapper. The same with all those on that short list. Can anyone say the same for Iggy?

Could you make a case that its gender bias? Well female rappers have been embraced..except for those whose credentials were deemed questionable (cough BOSS cough)

Is there a racial element in the backlash..sure people look at Iggy and see Elvis or at least to paraphrase what record producer Sam Phillips said of Elvis in regards to Iggy "that if I could find a white girl who could rap and has a big butt like a black women I'd make a million dollars." Which is exactly how she comes off, a white chick with black attributes that makes it much more palatable to the "mainstream". Which is why her popularity can outpace Nicki Minaj's in half the time. And yeah there is some anger and jealousy about that but its more about a system that Iggy benefits from as well as her being perceived to be portraying a black character rather than being true to her own voice.

If Iggy wants to silence her critics then drop the big ass shaking and come with the lyrics and flow. But what she's experiencing is not unusual in the hip hop community at all.

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I know this may sound like heresy here, but with all the Nicki Minaj vs. Iggy Azalea back and forth going on, is ass really that big a consideration for the guys here? Anal really isn't my thing...lol.

[​IMG][​IMG]