Criming While White

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by The Dark King, Dec 4, 2014.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Still waiting for those reparations I see

Wait I ain't got time for this shit....flash and arrow finally on hulu for this week

Brb asking felicity to be my prom date

3. The Dark King

Shit I'll take free therapy for life across the board

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

All jokes aside....u may be right

It's been shown that being black puts more stress on our minds as a result of American racism

We do have lower suicide rates tho..so that's a win :p

5. The Dark King

Not joking not even a little bit. Over 30 million people walking around with some form of PTSD. It's a damn NEED

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

We've been dealing with PTSD and terrorism long before 9/11

7. The Dark King

Yup and sometimes we forget, I've been guilty of this, but it don't take much to bring your ass back to reality.

8. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I don't think you'd be on this site if you'd ever lost faith in white people.

Isn't your gf white?

The problem is, when we go to youtube and see all the negativity toward blacks from whites, it's really the vocal minority. It definitely does help to see and hear white compassion to counter that. Opposed to constant reminders of how we've somehow earned what we consider to be unequal treatment, or that the demonstrated unequal treatment is just in our minds.

That said, I fail to believe you ever truly lost faith.

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

John Fugelsang's quote about the Iran Contras and forgetting was classic. It's heartening to see the multiracial protests. Apparently some people get it. Take heart, TDK. We're not beaten yet.

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I was going to address TDK's statement, too. I think there are far more WP with compassion and common sense out there who understand that things are terribly slanted when it comes to justice and how BP are treated in this country. But you only read/hear about the bad stuff.

TDK, to say your faith in white people has been restored is lumping us all into one category and we both know that's not fair.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Agreed

I try to temper his view when I can..because it is a disservice to the whites (or more accurately the timeless doctrine of equality) who've been helping us in the fight, since the Underground Railroad, the civil war and the abolition of fucking slavery

While remembering the blood shed by our ancestors, it's important to remember the blood shed by non blacks to bring civil liberty to all

I don't recall seeing any black forum members in the multicultural #blacklivesmatter movement, out on the streets risking their own freedom and suffering the pain of being shot by beanbags....but I seen a helluva lot of white people who are

And for the crowd who don't trust white people with their safety..well you can't trust all blacks either

12. The Dark King

Well here's the thing guys yes not ALL white people are saying the disgusting vile things that show up so often when these killings happen but here appears to be far more white people siding with the cops in situations like this than those who are vocal about this all being wrong. Silence is passively agreeing. Yes you'd have your Tim Wises here and there but for the most part you'd have a ton of if only people. If only Treyvon didn't confront him, if only they turned that music, if only he had kept his hands out of his pocket, if only he wasn't jay walking and didn't talk back, if only he didn't have a toy gun where were his parents. Yeah its fucked up what happen but if only. Rarely was there a flat out this is wrong and no citizen should have to be killed for minor infractions. And again this is shit coming from even minded and "fair" white people. So for me it's incredibly cathartic to see people finally admit its not something we're dreaming up, I'm not crazy because its an incredibly isolating feeling when most of the white people you encounter either take the "they were thugs road"(no longer friends anymore) or the "let's wait for all the evidence before we get upset" road even though shit is clear as day as to what happened.
    And yes my gf is white but our solitary relationship isn't a litmus for all interactions. Even though she's cool it's really sad to see so many people I've developed decade long relationships either automatically side with cops because "being a cop is such a hard job" or say nothing at all.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Paragraphs foo

:p

14. The Dark King

My black ass has definitely been out there I just no longer post videos like I've done with other rallies.
    And again this isn't a slant on all white people, this is no different than if a woman responded to a ton of men who after years and years of telling them rape is their head to finally admit to witnessing the very thing people kept telling them didn't happen. It's alleviating, this shit will make you go crazy with doubt especially when people close to you try to convince you that you're "overreacting"

15. The Dark King

You type paragraphs on a damn phone lol

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Very well said. Unfortunately, I must spread rep, but know that the intention was there.

17. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Many white people don't realize what's going on until something like Ferguson happens. They're oblivious, and not because they don't care but because it doesn't involve them. It's not a part of their every day life. And we ALL have things like that. This is just a much bigger problem.

18. The Dark King

I agree but that's my point Ches, even when things like Ferguson happen the silence is deafening even from those I consider to be the most progressive and liberal people. And God forbid the person in question isn't saintly then they readjust the events to fit a narrative where the shooter had no choice but to put down the unruly animal. Again I'm not blaming all white people but I am saying the fact there are those who are willing to speak up and say yes this is happening is the starting point we need. If play the if only game on every single matter we might as well just write Jim Crow back into law because that's how it feels

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Always the recipient of intention and never action

(In Rodney dangerfield voice) 'I can't get no respect!'

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You a mess. :p:smt081