Any Good Documentaries

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by wtarshi, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]__nQBCJ53-g[/YOUTUBE]

2. Morning Star

[YOUTUBE]ce4DJh-L7Ys[/YOUTUBE]

3. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

THANKS for these! Look good!

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

A new one that came out called "deez nuts" by planters

5. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

6. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

So not exactly heartwarming entertainment, but the documentary "white light, black rain" was memorizing, and I think it changed me a little. It's about the few survivors of Nagasaki and Hiroshima who were little children when the bombs dropped. Their descriptions of being blown up and the aftermath, coupled with the live footage of the day after, was worse than any horror sci fi movie. But somehow this film at times was artfully beautiful. Congressmen needs to see this before voting against the Iran nuclear deal. This can't happen again.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

In my high school history class, I did research on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I was so shocked by what I had read. When I had to present it to our class, I stammered because it was too horrible to describe. It was said that more lives were lost in Nagasaki than in Hiroshima. Before that, Tokyo was devastated by the fire bombs from the B-29s because most of the buildings were made of wood and paper. Check out the films Trinity And Beyond, Atomic Journeys and Nukes In Space. All three films were narrated by William Shatner. They tell the strange and true story of the bomb beginning with Fat Man and Little Boy and how it end a war and held the world in a grip of fear.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw an interesting film called Jimi Hendrix: Electric Church. It was a look at the Atlanta Pop Music Festival on July 4th. It was the biggest event in Georgia before the Olympic games. It was the show in which Jimi played his iconic rendition of Star Spangled Banner. There were also interviews with the people who were there, including a cop who had to work there to maintain order, promoters concert goers and performers. Even an interview with Sir Paul McCartney and the lead guitarist from Metallica and others. It was a hypnotic film that was filmed at the concert but sat in the promoter's barn for over 30 years because of the issue of showing it in theaters.

9. Morning Star

[YOUTUBE]Q5N2SQdEOyk[/YOUTUBE]

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Except that BM marry BW most of the time in the USA.:smt120

11. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

lol :smt042

12. Morning Star

That is true. And somehow, when people watch stuff like this, they seem to miss that altogether. Still, I find it fascinating regarding the psyche of the guys who tend to feel less of themselves or "emasculated" because they hate the idea of a woman challenging them.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Watched it on AXStv tonight. Maaaaan...brilliant biography of his life. Rate footage and facts about this God-like icon. He was a revolutionist in so many ways.
    *( It was made in 2012 so yes l may be late to the party on this one)