Brother & brunette on ABC's "Rookie Blue"

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by BeigeForWhite, Aug 19, 2011.

1. BeigeForWhite

BeigeForWhite New Member

Hello all,
    This's my first time creating a thread, or screen caps for one; we shall see how this flies. I know we've a thread about brunettes, but I couldn't find it after a bit of a search.

There's a decent Canadian-produced police show, "Rookie Blue," which airs on ABC. The cutie pie brunette, Andy McNally, whose grin just charms me, gets asked out by her equine training officer.

She's just coming out of being cheated on by her Anglo fiancé, so she's skittish. She tells the brother that he deserves better than that situation. They have a chemistry; it's refreshing. Their exchange forecasts promise of something good.

Him: "Go out with me! ..I would really like to take you out."
    Her: "No. I am not ready for that; you'd be a rebound. And I think you deserve better...."

They break away. She turns back toward him.

Her: "Hold on. Did you fudge my competition time because you wanted to ask me out?"
    Him: "Oh yeah!"

A link to the episode at Hulu. The scene is at around 33:00.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/267548/rookie-blue-brotherhood

I can't find an excerpt of the scene to post. Hmm. when I want to insert an image, the system demands a URL. I attached the images to this thread, but don't know if they'll show in them as larger than thumb nails.

Attached Files:

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Just downloaded thanks for the heads up

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I bet the Canadian version is different from the American since the brother gets more lovin up there than over here.

4. The Dark King

The Canadian version is the only version just like that show The Listener.

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I would love to get the DVD of The Listener.

6. The Dark King

7. LA

LA Well-Known Member

:mrgreen: I am surprised by this.

8. The Dark King

Dude foreign television is just getting better and better as we decline.

9. BeigeForWhite

BeigeForWhite New Member

Hmm. I'm not sure about that. But I try to not waste my energy considering editorial conspiracies. I was just pleased to see the little scene.

10. BeigeForWhite

BeigeForWhite New Member

Well Ms. L.A. Please don't be. I was already surprised to have Canadian-produced programs on the air here in Minneapolis. Another police program, "Flash Point," deals with a strategic response unit; it's cerebral, concentrating on critical incident negotiations and rarely on pulling triggers. That intrigues me; most police programs are eager to show officer pulling and firing weapons. The team is inspired by Toronto's Emergency Task Torce. I feel it's slid a bit down hill since it came back from hiatus.

I'm already a student of rhetoric; now that show has spirred me to read about negotiation skills.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/flashpoint/

11. LanalusU

LanalusU New Member

Flash point is Awsome!
    People take Canadian made T.V for granted (Including Canadians themselves)..
    It really is entertaining stuff!

12. The Dark King

Aren't you sight for sore eyes. How are you? Did you have the baby yet?

13. BeigeForWhite

BeigeForWhite New Member

Uh oh. I've dug up a fellow "Flash point" fan. Why do you find it awesome? I do like when they breach. But I noticed that, when Sgt. Parker tries to talk folks down, that's what puts me on the edge. I wonder how realistic the tactics are.

Favorite episodes?

Are there other Canuck-produced programs that should be on my radar?

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Did anything happen with them? I'm familiar with actress Missy Peregrym from a couple of other shows, so this caught my interest.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Flashpoint originally aired on CBS and now is on the ION network. I think the show is pretty realistic in terms of procedures. It is character-driven. I remember watching a show that had Shannon Tweed before she hooked up with Gene Simmons. I forgot what it was. The late Steven J. Cannell hosted a show called Scene of The Crime, a show which had a Canadian cast. Lightning Force, a military action show with Wings Hauser. Street Justice with Carl Weathers. Strikefore with Christopher Plummer, HBO's classic anthology show The Hitchhiker. Dead Like Me. And many more.

16. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Ah didn't know there were two versions of this show. :smt069