R.I.P. Wes Craven

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember watching A Nightmare On The Street in the theater. I was scared and I loved it. I then seen Swamp Thing. It was pretty good.

Wes Craven created Freddie Kruger after an experience with a man who wore a fedora and looked at Wes and his brother through the bedroom window. Craven put a lot of humor and intelligence into his horror films. He was one of a kind.

Thank you, Wes. Rest In Peace.

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Small loss.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Rest in peace. He scared the heck out of me. Thanks for the chills and screams, Wes. .don't scare them too much up there.

5. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

The man scared the shit out of me with Freddie

One two, Freddie's coming for you.

Scream was a pretty decent teen slasher flick at the time, I know it's cheese now, but at the time I liked it.

RIP

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah, no one forgets where they were the first time they watched ANMOES

Never knew the creep inspiration for Freddie. How eerie. Makes it all the more real.

The best lines for me was (paraphrasing from memory) "Whatever you do, DON'T fall asleep!" (to Johnny Depp). *shivers*

And when the mother says, "it's a dream, he's not real", and she says, "he's not real mama? Then how did I pull his hat out of my dreams? It says Freddie Krueger, mom, he's real!"

(Gotta find the actual verbiage exchange, lol)

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Even more interesting was the story of a young boy in South East Asia who had a coffee making machine under his bed. His parents took him to a doctor to try to figure out why he was acting that way. He was treated and the coffee machine was removed. The boy was still afraid. He died the next day. Whatever this boy dreamed about must've been too horrible to describe. This gave Freddie Kruger some legitimacy because he is a night terror and the result of what happens when one takes the law into their own hands.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Was the coffee machine because of the movie? Was he so terrified of Freddy? I know l was afraid to sleep the first time l saw the movie.
    Can you clarify?

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The incident with the boy happened before Craven wrote the script. Nobody knows what the boy saw in his dream. Freddie Kruger is a night terror. He became a lot worse when he was killed by the parents of Springfield who took the law into their own hands.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

"Baby's fat! You're fat! Fat & juicy!!"

[​IMG]

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What's that line from?, who's that?

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The original 1977 version of the Hills Have Eyes which Wes Craven directed.

That line was uttered by the character above, the cannibal hillbilly called Mars. The cannibal hillbillies were are all named after planets I recall, at least the males featured: Papa Jupiter, Mars & horror/sci-fi legend Micheal Berryman as Pluto.

[​IMG]

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ah thanks. This dude looks familiar.
    The Hills Have Eyes...heard of it a lot, never seen it. Characters sound real creepy.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Michael Berryman was funny as the principal in 3:00 High. He even made an appearance in Weird Science. He was hilarious as a member of the Firefly family in The Devil's Rejects with Sid Haifa and Ken Foree(Dawn Of The Dead, 1978, as Peter).