Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

There's so much B.S. in organized religion that it's no shock so many faithful are walking away from church.

False prophets kill the spirit.

Anybody ever been to a non-catholic church where the minister is living like he's borderline homeless??

2. free816

free816 New Member

My wife grew up catholic but she soured from it,, now goes to a non denomination ,, what I did appreciate about Catholics the clergy ain't in it to win it, the priests drive everyday civics Prius etc,, place dripping with money yet they do live very bland lives,, I applaud that ,, now church i grew up in poor been saving for the building fun for 40 yrs,, preacher lives in a 3000 sq ft crib ( just him and his wife kids grown and gone) driving a jag but always need more $$ ,, member of the country club,, the disconnect is real

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Just another incarnation of the wealthy taking advantage of the desperate. Unfortunately the stupid support this horseshit. I remember asking a coworker why she follows a man who through preaching lives better than she does. Jesus wasn't about that in fact it's the only time he got violent was when they used the church as a profit center. Her response "well that's his blessing, the Lord saw fit to give him that"
    This coming from a woman with an MBA from Rutgers. It's like intelligence leaves the building when religion comes into play.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

In America? Nope

If I see gold or a bunch of material possessions lining the walls of a church, I'm out

It's already been corrupted

You want people to feel good about lacking material wealth, not remind them of how little they have

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Church I grew up in wasn't like that. My best friend's father was our pastor. Dude, wore suits from Sears and the like. Drove a Chrysler K car. Was always available to us. His mom taught at my high school (gave me no breaks, damn!). They lived like we did; lower middle class.

I measure all clergy by that man.

If you're living large off of your church members, you can teach me nothing of the gospel.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

!!!!!!!!

I have no idea why these guys don't just live with the basics...set the spiritual example for the rest

7. The Dark King

because they are false prophets they don't believe for shit. Fake ass motivational speakers

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:smt005

100 guys praying to the same god for riches

Only 1 guy gets rich

Rich guy believes god has 'blessed him'

99 others believe what?

9. The Dark King

their day will come too smh

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

And, it will, if they can just spread that fake gospel on a little thicker. ...lol

11. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, my Mom's church is like that. The pastor is an older guy, and they live comfortably in the middle class but without the extravagance. I love that he (and his wife) are so grounded. It's a small church, but they truly are a family, and ginuinely care about others. I get very annoyed at these churches we're seeing nowadays where $$$ is clearly their priority. I debated with a co-worker recently when I made that statement, and the fact that if a church requires people to submit their checking acct info... That's a huge red flag to me.

12. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

This past July 4th weekend had 10 African Americans shot dead and 53 wounded by gunfire in my beloved Baltimore City. Black lives matter if it's the whites who kill blacks and not blacks.

13. The Dark King

All those assholes will face prosecution if and when they are caught

14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

15. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Exactly. They don't have badge and a uniform to hide behind.

16. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

.........Statistically, the likely hood is that they will NOT be caught !!......Why?...For several reasons:
    First, police departments in large urban areas are increasing becoming fearful of prosecution and law suites and thus are assuming a less aggressive posture in black communities...that includes homicide investigations....
    Secondly, the code in black communities not to snitch is strong and universal, even if it includes a death of someone close.....so if no one is willing to tell or describe what they saw, the black homicide investigation stalls and the case becomes cold and is shelved.....so at the end of the day, black lives have no redemptive advantage when taken in black communities......

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Where do you get this bullshit from? If black people don't snitch then how do you explain the amount of bm that have been incarcerated for drugs? How do the police know what's going on in black communities if no one is snitching?

18. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Read the damn thread again dude, the remark was specifically about black lives, black murderers and snitching.......Snitching in exchange for a sentence reducing drug pleas and all the deals that apprehended young punks work-out with police is a quite different game......

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Read the thread again? Random political comments?

How about I read your dumb ass post again. "The code in black communities not to snitch is strong and universal."

The meaning in English is quite clear.

Just in case you didn't know snitching works the same in every game. Info on an unrelated case still can get you a reduced sentence.

Innocent people also snitch on drug dealers and murderers the same.

A lot of murders are drug related. Genius.