Greatest Superhero Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, Jul 2, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

They are not super. They are heroes.

Define super heroe

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

When I call you out on coming off as stupid, this is the very reason why. It's not an insult. It's an observation based on being that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about and your ghetto ass just want to keep pushing this discussion into nowhere and making mindless responses further cements this. Are you even trying anymore or you just want to keep hearing yourself talk out of desperation?

The Punisher is a fictional character, who is a human, as drawn and created by the creators of this character. You sound like a fucking idiot now and having to believe that you have some shred of sanity left in you, makes me ponder why am I arguing with you?

And you completely miss the point on the Die Hard analogy. Reread the post regarding that. I stated that John McLane may have fought terrorists, but the Punisher has also gone up against superpowered characters and held his own against them. If you dismiss that, then you are being incredulous. That's a person who has performed superhuman feats which makes people believe that he is more than human, which is tantamount to the idea of a character being of higher quality.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

A superhero is anyone who he stands against supervillians and wins. They also have taken on other superheroes and won.
    They go above beyond for the greater good and on occasion have saved the world. If it boils down to just powers, which anyone can argue all three of these men have since they're all have genius level IQs and superhuman will power, then you really haven't paid attention.

4. Morning Star

You may want to increase the font size so he can read it better.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

What u just said in your post...shows u arent as mature as u think u are.

Take a time out....u just hate being challenged.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

B] the longstanding Merriam-Webster dictionary gives the definition as "a fictional hero having extraordinary or superhuman powers; also : an exceptionally skillful or successful person".[/B]

The definition ms showed in bold states a fictional character basically with extraordinary abilities. The second part of the definition pertains to a person (human).

In other words cause batman is a fictional person who does not have extraordinary human powers...he doesnt qualify .

Action hero ...yes

Not super.

7. The Dark King

Genius level intellect with exceptional martial arts skill set isn't extra-ordinary to you? Dude stood against Darkseid, many of superhuman beings have stood against Darkseid and died. I don't think you know enough about this topic to really have a good opinion on it

8. Morning Star

You've already expressed that you have no interest in the subject matter and never really been into comics, so you honestly have very little knowledge on the subject matter at hand. You're being overly immature and have no clue what you are talking about. What I find most disgusting is that you insist that you are correct, when...all this time, everyone, who actually familiarized ourselves with superheroes, all of which with better formed opinions on it, is actually beating you with a hammer, exposing your follies.

Reread the damn post and look at what's highlighted again...

"While the Dictionary.com definition of "superhero" is "A figure, especially in a comic strip or cartoon, endowed with superhuman powers and usually portrayed as fighting evil or crime," the longstanding Merriam-Webster dictionary gives the definition as "a fictional hero having extraordinary or superhuman powers; also : an exceptionally skillful or successful person"."

Do you see what's wrong with you now? You purposely ignored the other part, which referenced SUPERHERO, as part of the footnote explaining that superpowers are not a prerequisite. And an exceptionally skilled person, such as THE PUNISHER, is part of that explaining. Your immaturity is disgusting. I know how desperate you are. Don't go near children because your tactless and pathetic responses shows that you are unable to recognize when you are wrong in this matter and you're more likely to teach children that inhaling gunsmoke will not cause problems.. The next generation shouldn't be taught by someone who cannot even think logically, let alone intellectually in a matter he admitted he has little knowledge of.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Having no dog in this fight, looking around on line, whilst a mere few have Goodlove's take on it, the overwhelming majority agree with MS (and TDK), believing Batman to be a Super Hero (than merely just an action hero) and offer similarly plausable reasons why...

http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/is-batman-considered-a-superhero-1625901/

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080813035144AA8K0P5

*******_

So on a related note to the thread's original topic.....

l was thinking, there really aren't any great female Superhero movies, if any at all. Am l wrong, missing a great female superhero movie out there? Sheena, WonderWoman, Supergirl, Storm, SheHulk, Black Widow...no epic movies starring them.

10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. The Dark King

I've thought the same thing but the major hurdle is drawing in a female audience who support comic heroes since more often than the genre is male supported. They've been trying with Wonder Woman for years since she's the only one you mentioned not attached to a male counter part who would upstage her. They did try with Supergirl years ago and while I enjoyed it as a kid as an adult I can see how flimsy and lame it was. They couldn't live up to the Superman story at all. Personally I always they should reboot Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Xena.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

That's who l meant, Xena (not Sheena). Xena drew in a lot of women, ok mostly lesbians, but you have a point. There is no targetting towards young girls or teens. Growing up l was a Betty and Veronica comic book fan - hardly impressive women as humans alone.

Supergirl series was weak, l agree..sigh...talk about an unexplored market at this point. I would love to get behind a female Supershero.

Curious, do you think catlady had superpowers?

13. The Dark King

Depends on whose depiction we're talking about. If we're talking Tim Burton's then yes because she went from ordinary to have increased agility and weapons skill. Frank Miller's depiction had her as a street kid who acquired skills over a long period of time but ultimately I have to say no since she never faced any super powered people and won (at least as far as I know) and she was a career criminal so again no.
    I think they will give an honest effort with Supergirl on CBS even though its not the network for that kind of thing. They flopped on original Flash tv show.
    But it can be done, I was an avid Buffy fan for the 7 years it was on. They just need good stories with supporting characters that not only make you laugh but have a true purpose.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I see @ cat woman.

Two of my boyfriends were Buffy fans (l was not) so there is potential for mass draw there. I just feel like Buffy is (was) too young to be a legit slayer. A slightly more mature woman would have drawn me in.

15. The Dark King

I was actually going to write something else but I do agree they should go older. They had a season eight comic where she was older (mid 20s) and had an army of slayers to help fight back the demons and the vampires. It would make for a more interesting story if they continued with that. Slayers from different lands and for God sakes some more black and asians as well.
    The very first slayer was black yet that universe couldn't have more than ten episodes with black people (I counted)

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I didnt write the definition.

Just because you read a comic book for years doesnt change the definition. Right?

So why would it be changed now?

In my eyes and many others...per websters dictionary....if you dont have superpowers then you arent a super hero.

Batman and the punisher are cool and all but they are not super as compared by definition.

Superman , super woman , spiderman, and the fantastic four are supeheroes. They have abilities that no ficitional human would have as stated by definition.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Along with women heroines you would be hard press to find black ones.

18. The Dark King

Dude every time we converse I am often reminded of how little hope there is for humanity. There are those amongst us completely incapable of either the simplest comprehension or unwillingness to admit they don't really know enough about a subject to have an opinion.
    Carry on

[​IMG]

19. The Dark King

Shit at least we got Blade and we're getting Black Panther who do the women really have?

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

what is there to know?
    Tell me how batman is super?
    According to the definition he doesnt fit.

So what superhuman powers he have? Can he fly , or see through walls or anything of the like without the aid of technology or any gadgets?

Explain how he is super?what super human powers does he have?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015