Been in the Denver/Boulder/Fort Collins area. Something I noticed about dating here.

Discussion in 'How To Meet White Women and Black Men' started by blackbrah, Jan 3, 2014.

1. blackbrah

blackbrah Well-Known Member

I noticed that the interracial dating scene here in Denver/Boulder/Fort Collins is very progressive here. I saw several black male / white women interracial couples and saw a few other interracial couple pairing while in each city.

It also seems that people here are more comfortable with themselves. When I initially came here I thought people here would be liberal of course but a bit pretentious about it. I didn't get that impression from here yet having talked to people here.

As many of you know, I live in San Antonio and you have to understand some areas of Texas have a certain mindset, especially a more closed mindset when it comes to interracial dating.

I've been considering Austin TX which is seen as a 'progressive' city, but as some people have said on the Texas forum many of them preach that, but there is still a bit of racial discomfort between different races of people there. I wouldn't say I've gotten a lot of that but I can see where they are coming from in some of my experiences being there.

All in all I wanted to say that about Denver.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I've often heard its the IR capital of the country.

3. blackbrah

I've heard that about Minneapolis a lot.

Seriously man, I saw several BM/WW couples. A tall dark skinned Somali looking dude with a beautiful white chick. I was like "go brotha!" lol.

But it's the mindset of people too. Everyone just themselves.

Austin is 'progressive' it seems if you're a white hipster haha. But that's looking from the outside. I might have to go there more.

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Denver women are stunnera and fhey love black men out there.

5. blackbrah

I should definitely move out here. My brand would do well here!

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Is this the way it is in most places? Only several or a few? For a podunk little city like where I'm from, there are a lot of IR couples. Most are younger - I don't see as many IR couples that are close to my age. I would think you'd see a lot more in bigger cities. But then again, I remember when we went to DC last spring, while I saw a few BW/WM couples, I only saw one or two BM/WW couples, and not many IR couples overall. I thought that was strange.

7. blackbrah

Hmm I gotta think about that. I think being in the city factors into things but for example in Austin I see a lot of Hispanic Women / White Men and a few Black Women / White Men combinations. Well some Hispanic men / white women combos but BM/WE is uncommon.

Also I'm just basing my experiences on what I see. Atlanta is progressive and has a large gay population. You see many interracial couples but there's still pockets of racism. It's still the south.

Washington DC is good for BM WW IMO.

San Antonio many folks have a small town mentality. Austin claims progressive but I mentioned what I said.

I was just thinking about dating outside my race and I explained it a few times to friends. I sometimes have to think about getting rejected based on race which is BS. This was going back to my thread about my "brand". It would be silly to be in a place where I'm not completely comfortable especially when it comes to dating.

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Could be since I had not been there. No doubt they love the brother who has the game well put.

9. blackbrah

Yea I gotta move out here.

10. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

You're in search of the Holy Grail, and assume that being in a certain perfect IR environment will change everything. I'd suggest that isn't the case. SA is a huge city with a large military/retired military community. My daughter went to college there at Trinity U and I went to college in Austin so I know the area. There are plenty of fish in the sea you're in! Like a boxer that leads with his chin and is vulnerable, you seem to be leading with your race.

11. blackbrah

The thing is here that there is a large Mexican population. This is WW/BM lol and I can say that I'm not attracted to many Mexican women.

Having moved from Atlanta to San Antonio was great for my career, but not for my love life. I've been on many dates but not with any women I clicked with or with a similar lifestyle as mine.

The feeling of displacement living here has been eating at me a lot the past year. When I initially moved here I constantly complained to my parents about the city. It's not really about a Holy Grail, but rather I'm just saying it'd be silly for me to stay somewhere I don't feel comfortable in or maybe seemingly not as welcome compared to another city. That's just a reality I'm thinking about.

I'm actually going to push my comfort zone more next year, especially socially, but having talked to friends prior to coming up here and seeing it for myself it's night and day.

12. The Dark King

Fam I'm gonna be in Denver later this year and we gonna chop it up kid

13. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I am going to have to agree...this notion that if a person moves just to strengthen their odds of an IR relationship just doesn't make sense to me...a move needs to be about more than just finding a date...

14. blackbrah

Gotta read about what I said bro. Also what's wrong with going somewhere better dating for you? People do the same with jobs, weather, amenities, etc.

Plus before I even moved to Texas I considered Denver because there are several tech jobs there, so it's up my alley.

15. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Best of luck to you

16. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

Look a girl up next time your out here!

(And yes, the IR scene is very diverse and accepted here)

17. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

I'm open to relocating to Denver, Minneapolis, and other cities.. if only I can get a secure job lead/offer. It's just so risky to up and move to an area nowadays without much savings.. :?

are the IR-friendly hangouts in the urban districts or suburbs (or both?)

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i agree with lippy. no matter where u move....u are the common denominator

19. blackbrah

Having moved 10 times before 30 I know that lol but even as hard as I tried to get a job in Atlanta after a 14 month layoff I ended up having to move to get the most career success I've had.

20. The Dark King

damn 14 months fam? What did you do with that time?