Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Blacktiger2005, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Baltimore: First two days of August, 11 shootings of black lives (2 were fatal). Seven were a result of retaliation of violence. 45 Black lives were killed in the month of July "alone", the most killings of black lives in 45 years. Where are the leaders of the "Black Lives Matter Movement" when we need them? This is just one city.

2. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Starting to feel like selective outrage all of a sudden :-?

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Because it's in reference to how our paid civil servants treat us and how the media reports that abuse.
    Gang related violence has absolutely nothing to do with race and everything to do with poverty and turf wars. The people in those situations happen to be people of color but if you look at any population in the world from Thailand to Brazil to Mexico to Russia its based purely on economics.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

White murder rate is just as high as the black murder rate.......but go on

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Thank you !!!! I wish I could rep.

6. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Interesting example with Baltimore. The Wire fans know who tells (shows?) it best - Homicide Detective (ironically) Burns and co-writer Simon. Way to show it not tell it. Right? Way to show the nuances of it all. We self-righteously say the problem is simple. But this series humbles me.

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Police brutality is nothing new, it's just reported in the media more.

But the genocide happening in the inner city and poor Black communities nationwide is out of control.

I know BT2005 is deflecting the issue to be annoying like all good right wing conservatives, but if anyone could find a way to reduce the perpetual threat of lethal violence in the inner city, they'd deserve a Nobel Peace Prize.

I was watching the documentary 'Number One With a Bullet' on the Fuse Channel about inner city gun violence and shit is like from an alternate reality, and it's been that way since the mid-80s.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

PURELY economics? I don't think do. Lack of respect for another's life, is more like it. Lots of purely poor communities the world over never reach this level of deathly violence.

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

This is my boiler plate response to these kinds of posts. Simply swap out the city and or victims names for the correct ones and this should work to dispel any and all right wing illogical arguments concerning these matters.

10. The Dark King

Do those same poor communities have access to weapons and drugs flooding the place? Stop making it seem as if its some type of ethical choice because its not. These are crimes of survival.

11. The Dark King

LEGALIZE DRUGS AND GET THESE PEOPLE ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES

These are all essentially turf wars

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I think diagnosed addicts she be prescribed the drugs of their choice, but I don't know if legalizing drugs like cocaine(extremely addictive), heroin or PCP for the general population are good ideas.

Doctors absolutely should be able to give drugs to addicts though.

Marijuana should be sold just like beer, definitely.