college football fans?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by learnin2fly08, Dec 14, 2008.

1. learnin2fly08

learnin2fly08 New Member

so, the heisman ceremony is less than an hour away...who do you think will win?

of course i'm biased and i think sam bradford will win.

yesterday in class, one of the football players was saying that tebow will probably win again because most of the regional points would be split between bradford and mccoy (mostly sympathy votes for mccoy because of the whole 3-way tie debacle)

so what do you think?

Well no response!

SAM BRADFORD!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  2. Tonivegas82

Tonivegas82 New Member

Congrats on your QB winning the Heisman. I honestly thought it would be either Colt MCcoy or even Graham Harrell, but Bradford deserves the award. It must be cool to go to a football school. My school, Rutgers University, was abysmal during my tenure there (2000-2005). They started to win only after I graduated. I swear they only won like 5 games the whole time I was there, including my 5th year. :(

3. learnin2fly08

learnin2fly08 New Member

sometimes it's cool going to a school that's big on football...however, gamedays are a pain in the butt. you can't go anywhere in norman...people act all stupid like there are no rules...i hear people screaming "BOOMER" or "SOONER" at 3am (I used to work really early in the mornings on weekends)... someone scraped the crap out of my car last year...oh and all the garbage and broken glass! mostly my gripes are about tailgaters. it's cool when you have a class with someone one year then the next they're a pro and you get to watch them on sundays! it's also cool going into a stadium and hearing 85,000+ people.

4. Equinox

Equinox New Member

I hope your boys have a better showing than in the past two championship games they participated in ( no offense).

I think they will overcome the two key injuries and play well against the Gators. It should be a real shhotout !

5. z

z Well-Known Member

Geno Smith dominated a game, another gifted blk quarterback to watch in college game.

Newton then RG3 now Smith, damn let’s make this 3rd consecutive year blk quarterbacks taking Heisman home.

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I don't if Geno Smith will win a Heisman. He's good but he throws way too many interceptions. If they'd been playing anyone but Notre Dame they would have lost by a lot more than a score.

EDIT: Nevermind...I was thinking about Denard Robinson. Now he turns the ball over too much. I think you're right; Geno Smith is Heisman material, definitely.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  7. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

I'm a Maryland Terps fan, and I went to the Md./W.V. game last week. All I can say is that Geno's OVERRATED.

.......and i'm not just sayin' that because the Terps lost. LOL!!

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Temple 37, South Florida 28

Great game! Best final 4 mins ever! :smt038 (well not ever, but it was crazy! :smt045)

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - ... Big East Conference matchup on Saturday.

...The game marked Temple's re-entry into the Big East after the Owls were kicked out of the conference in 2004.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Florida player hits LSU punt returner hard, then gets hit even harder by his UF teammate

[HDYT]Ga3_ANRHoAI[/HDYT]

:smt037

10. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

:smt005 Too funny. But I know i'd be pissed if my teammate did that to me.

11. Since1980

Florida: where even the Black guys have redneck tendencies.

12. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

i bet that, even today, he STILL didn't get the license number of the "truck" that hit him......

13. z

z Well-Known Member

Bama Vs the Irish for championship.

Damn Bama & Georgia game was tight, good football game

Badgers destroyed the Cornhuskers en route to Rose bowl

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Its sad/funny that in tweets for the Bulldog's loss, some angry fans were calling out/blaming (Eagles coach) Andy Reid for the bad time management. :rolleyes:

15. Since1980

That's what I like to call heart attack football. It was so close! This is going to bother me until the start of next season, I just know it. In any event, I don't expect ND to put nearly as much of a fight as Georgia did but I've been surprised before.

16. dmoney2g8

dmoney2g8 New Member

I really was hoping the dawgs would beat Alabama but it didn't happen so I hope the Irish can wipe the smile of nick sabans face

17. Since1980

Being able to stop the run would have helped. T.J. Yeldon and Eddie Lacy and probably still running around Atlanta right now, just for shits and giggles. Bama put up a ridiculous amount of yards because Georgia's run defense was non-existent. It'll be interesting to see what ND's defense can do with that, since they've been hyped up all season as being one of the best in the county.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  18. dmoney2g8

dmoney2g8 New Member

That's true the dawgs couldn't stop the run but notre dame has a more stout run defense than the dawgs so I don't think the tide will be able to run that wild on the Irish

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

guaranteed fight in the locker room after that hit

:smt043

20. 89sounds

89sounds New Member

I thought Georgia was going to win, I was rooting for them but ugh....