Cyber-Terrorists Won: Precedence Set

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Blacktiger2005, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Now that Sony has bent to the cyber-terrorists the precedence has been set for future cyber-terrorists of all stripes to shut down what films they do not like. If they can stop private businesses like the film industry (Islam fascists love this one and is learning lessons) the cyber-terrorist will shut down our energy, water, and communication networks. President Obama lets create a new technological defense system that can identify and shut down a rogue nations infrastructure. Let us let them know if they do shit like this we can shut them down. Oh, and lets have a new defense system like SDI that will back us up and shoot down any electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapon. Right now Mr. President we are looked upon as a weak paper tiger run by wimps.

2. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Have we made movies about killing other living leaders?

Have we made fictional movies about killing Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and the like when they were alive?

At least, Sacha Baron Cohen, who played a fictional Dictator in a comedy, didn't use Saddam Hussein's real name and didn't threaten assassination in the movie "Dictator".

This is the first time there have been threatened retribution about a fictional assassination of a leader of a nation.

Should we make this topic illegal?

What if Arabic media made a fictional movie about assassinating Barack Obama? Clinton or Bush?

I think making a movie about a controversial leader, using his exact name is in poor taste.

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

My thoughts extactly. But, should we be surprised? This is just another example of Corperate America throwing the American Ideal under the bus.

Spineless.

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

You must of forgot about team america

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Team America is one of my fave movies. Wished it returns to the big screen and may bootleggers distribute The Interview in other areas. Hope Rogen and Franco has ideas.

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

This really had nothing to do with America. Sony is a Japanese company. This company cares to keep it's country out of war. It wasn't Sony HQ that was pushing this crap it was American folks who didn't give a flying flip about the Japanese-North Korean relationship.

Don't support these movie stars. They don't give a flip about anything but their own self interest. The president of Sony did the right thing.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There was a fictional film made in the Middle East about a trio of holy warriors whose mission was to kill author Salman Rushdie for writing the book The Satanic Verses. The film did not get exported to the "lands of the infidel." The Dictator was a jab at Mummar Khadafi and other dictators, but like Cohen's previous films like Borat and Bruno, they were more about the journey of a man who had it all and suddenly loses it all and he eventually learns about himself. Cohen liked to push the buttons and the envelope. His show Da Ali G Show launched it all.
    On a serious note, I had feared N. Korea more than Iraq. The lesson here is that technology is wonderful and useful. However, like all sciences, it can be used against us.

10. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I don't remember where I heard this, but just yesterday, I heard that Sony Film is not the same company as the Sony headquartered in Japan. That they only use the name Sony for branding, but they are actually their own company.

As for what happened, aside from the fact that I am PISSED OFF BEYOND BELIEF that I don't get to EVER see this movie now, I can understand that Sony was in a no-win situation.

They were truly put in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation.

Someone on Facebook commented on a status about this and said that (I haven't looked it up to confirm) that Sony won't release it on DVD because if they make any money from it they lose the insurance money??

If so, I hope that Seth Rogen and James Franco would just release this movie FOR FREE.

I feel so cheated right now.

And yes, this sets a VERY dangerous precedent. We have now opened ourselves up to bowing down to non-credible, vague CYBER threats.

We have not seen the end of these types of threats. We just showed the world how EASY it is to bend us to their will.

11. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Oh, and in 2006?? they made a movie that showed the assassination of W.

So, there has been a movie (at least one) where a current, sitting leader was assassinated in a movie.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if people think this is an action of the government or if they realize that this was a business decision taken by Sony and the cinema owners. Makes me wonder whether there was some incriminating material among all those e-mails and documents pilfered from Sony's mainframe. They buckled pretty quickly, so they must be spooked by the prospect of that stuff being leaked.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Sony got punk'd by a bunch of little dick commies

This woulda never happened if George bush was in the White House

14. orejon4

LOL. Pyongyang can lob a nuke at Tokyo with ease.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Over a fucking movie!?!?

These guys are animals

Then again....maybe they should be celebrated for having the courage to stand up to the white man :p

16. orejon4

I'm shocked at how thin-skinned Jong-Il is proving to be. I'm surprised the inner circle of generals even bothered with this hack attack (if it happened). They should have told the Boy King to "grow a pair".

17. archangel

I recall leaked emails telling the film folks to cut it out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/11/sony-interview-north-korea_n_6307872.html

They are still part of Sony.

This wasn't star wars. It was no way a blockbuster and would certainly have placed a strain between japan and North Korea.

18. archangel

Who is they?

19. orejon4

Yeah, "Death of a President" (I think), a faux documentary from Canada hypothesizing about what would happen if a president was assassinated.

20. archangel

I'll wait for her to answer.

edit: It was a brit movie. And multiple Americans commented about their disgust of the movie.

I find myself agreeing with the disgust. :smt018

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014