Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

My coworker's 18 year old daughter just had a baby, & she's not doing well. The baby boy came a bit early, but they're hoping to be able to take him off ventilation soon...he's getting stronger every day. His mama is in CCU right now getting treatment for peripartum cardiomyopathy (pregnancy induced heart weakening & enlargement/heart failure). Please pray for her, the baby, & her mom (she's an only child). Thank you.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I will pray for your friend's daughter.

3. Tamstrong

Thanks, G. I appreciate it very much. :freehug: There's been some improvement, but she's not out of the woods yet. BTW, I was wrong about her age; she's 17. They're doing their best to keep her calm and not add more stress to her heart, but she's feeling down because she hasn't gotten to see her baby yet. She's determined to get stronger for him though. It's a tough situation.

4. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

hope and prayers that mother and child will be well soon. i think it s a mistake not to see a mother let see the child. even if she s not able to look after the baby yet, she should had least get to see it and spend little time with it. i believe that would help her recover faster.

5. Tamstrong

Thanks, Gem. :freehug: I also think it'd probably be good for her to see him, but since she's in the Critical Care Unit & he's in the NICU, nether of them can go anywhere at the moment. Hopefully they'll both be strong enough to do so soon

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray that she gets through.

7. Tamstrong

^^I appreciate it, G.

I worked with the new grandma yesterday, and she updated & filled me in on all the details. I did misunderstand where they were located...it turns out they weren't in the same hospital the whole time (which I was relieved to hear). After he was born, they moved the baby to Cook Children's in Fort Worth, so that was another reason the mother didn't have access to him while she was in CCU.

They got the mama stabalized on her meds and she was released to go home. They estimate the baby will be able to come home in about a month. It turns out he's got a more serious issue going on that wasn't passed along to me in the beginning...he aspirated during the delivery (a.k.a. meconium aspiration syndrome, which means he breathed meconium & amniotic fluid into his lungs during the delivery). He's still improving every day, and they don't see any signs of any long-term health effects.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

^^^^^i will keep praying for u

9. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

**Life sucks.**

A few weeks ago, I went to a "Men's health fair" held at a sports stadium. There were dozens of booths with health care related information and select on-site services. One of the booths included a local health clinic and it included mental health services. After talking to one of the counselors in private for about 20 minutes I was encouraged to give the agency a call and that I could explore their standard counseling services.

I called the office phone number to the agency. After a 10-minute screening, I was given another phone number for the city/county's public mental health services geared for low-income residents. I've been cut down to working part-time for three months now. Money is tight. I was cut off of employer-paid health insurance and I'm becoming increasingly anxious and aggravated.

I spoke with a counselor for 30 minutes- the counselor was very pleasant and respectful, and I was just being honest about my issues. At the tail-end of the conversation, I was expecting to be told how to then set up an appointment for outpatient, face-to-face counseling.

I was told that I'm not eligible for services.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

No official reason was given, but I'm told that I'll "get a letter." Well, damn.
    If I wasn't at-risk of doing something drastic then, I sure as hell am now. ****!!

I was given the phone number of yet another place to call which may or may not help. I just sure as hell feel hosed. [​IMG]

It figures. Right before I birthday, I figure I'm trying to be proactive about addressing my depression/anxiety, and now this.I've already been dealing with depression for years on end, now. I want a better job and I apply for literally hundreds of jobs a month, but literally all I get are rejection emails and letters. I want to get my own place and be independent. It just seems all for nothing because my efforts get horrible results..

10. Tamstrong

Prayers & positive thoughts on the way, HS.

11. Tamstrong

Thanks, GL. :freehug:

My friend sent me pictures of the mama & baby today, and they're both looking so much better. The baby still had a few tubes still hooked to his cute little face, but she was finally able to hold him today.

12. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

More bad news today :(

My father received his pet scan results and not only has the tumor they cannot remove grown, but the cancer is spreading to his liver, abdomen and lungs...

Lord, please give me the strength to accept your plan for my father and please keep him in your comforting hands so that these last however many days/weeks/months we have left my father is not miserable.

13. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Praying hard. My heart goes out to you.:freehug:

14. Tamstrong

I'm so sorry, Cher. Prayers, thoughts, and big hugs on the way. :smt056

15. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

i followed your posts and wanted to say some earlier, but had a hard time doing so coz this reminds me so much on what happened to me and my dad 2 years ago.
    all i want to say is,... i wish u all the strength you need hun, for the time you will face and the time after. it s incredible painful to let someone go and stand by without having the power to change things.
    you are on my mind and in my prayers cherokee. may god help the two of you and the rest of your family in this hard times.

16. Cherok33

Thank you all! Gem, you are making me cry... Just thinking about all the years i wasted being apart from my father and seeing how happy he is now that we have reconnected. Now to prepare to lose him... Just so hard saying goodbye.

This is the man who took me at 2 yrs to give me a better life, gave me the world and raised me on his own for over ten years. My daddy.

:(

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wow, your whole situation is so heartbreaking :( .... such beautiful, emotional words.

18. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

So sorry to hear that. Praying for comfort for him, you, and your family/friends though this tough time.

19. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Praying for you, Cherok. I'm so sorry you're in pain. :freehug:

20. Cherok33

Thank you ladies:freehug: