1. K

K Well-Known Member

But were you good with it all before kids? I understand what you are saying.

When I take a look at my life, I was more insecure about my body before I had children and I had a rockin hot bod! I mean the stop and stare type. I became much more comfortable in my skin when I was about 34 and almost died. I realized that I had spent so much time and energy being concerned about things that really didn't matter. I wasn't doing things I wanted to do or really living life fully because I didn't like this or that about my body. What if that never happened? Was I going to not live full out because of such things?

Right or wrong, when I really came to fully appreciate and love myself how I was, was when I was with a man who when I looked in his eyes I could see how beautiful I was (inside and out). There is something really amazing about being with someone who truly appreciates you. It was short lived, but in the process I realized it didn't just come from him, it was about me and who I am. It's still a great thing when I come across someone who can see it too.

I still have my moments of insecurity, but for the most part I'm good. Life is just way too short to stress over such things!

2. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh ok.

I would question if you are really doing the "fake it till you make it" thing. I think there is a huge difference between genuine confidence and those who are faking it.

I don't think being confident means you aren't nervous. I think it can mean that you are nervous and you are stand in that and go forward. Maybe it's more about gathering your inner strength and creating the confidence you need in that moment, rather than really faking it.

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Definitely was good before having kids.

I am so guilty of doing just that. Stressing about what I look like either in a bathing suit or participating in a sport or something because im fearful of what others may say or think.

I know that's not healthy. I do know better. But it's one of those things I have to push myself through and make myself participate in the activities I love!

I also am fortunate to say I do know the feeling when a man makes you feel beautiful and the love they feel for you is genuine. They see beyond the superficial and unimportant characteristics and really see the person you are on the inside and I ageee... That's a very wonderful thing to find! Rare and very precious!

4. K

K Well-Known Member

Actually it was different than that.....he was someone who truly appreciated the very things that I was hung up about. Which was a very freeing experience for me. But truly, I don't know that I could have really let that in if I hadn't accepted myself for who and how I was before I met him.

We often magnify things that we see as "faults" in ourselves and others may see those same things as genuinely attractive.

I know it can be an ongoing process. I have moments where I will look at photos from even a few years ago when maybe I thought x or y negatives about this or that part of me and yet wish it was that way now because I can look back and appreciate things I didn't appreciate then. Things are how they are at any given moment, and that's all we really have.

Love the body you are in, it's an amazing creation that enables you to do wonderful things. All those baby changes are necessary to create life. That's a really great thing!

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Nope, don't believe you. At all! :freehug:

Oh, I meant faking it professionally I feel like I am faking it sometimes but I think that's true for a lot of people. I've been at this long enough so internally it feels like I should know more than I actually do. I do consider myself confident, though. And I haven't been nervous about anything in a long time. When that happened I have no idea but fuck it, I'm embracing it.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh yah...I'll let you in on a little secret....many of the top execs in the world really should know much more than they actually do. They just happen to be either courageous or stupid enough (or both) to go for it. There's definitely a lot of faking it going on out there.

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Judging from the way some of these CEOs and executives run some of the world's biggest and most powerful companies that secret hasn't been kept too well!:p

8. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Then I guess my confidence shines more than my self conscience so that's a good thing I suppose :)

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

for a thread called curvy women. i haven't seen any new pics posted for three pages now.less words and more pictures!!!

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

Now go jerkoff

11. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

32? :smt103

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

She's 32 in American years

People age differently over here

13. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Obviously.
    Guess I dodged a huge bullet when I dismissed the thought about moving to the US ....

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

15. LA

LA Well-Known Member

She's in her best years. Don't be mean to Mama June.

16. LA

LA Well-Known Member

You know damn well folks wanna talk about curves more than actually seeing them.

Discuss.

17. K

K Well-Known Member

Holy crap, is she really 32????

18. K

K Well-Known Member

19. K

K Well-Known Member

20. Lucky1920

Lucky1920 Restricted

Curvy big butt white women are starting to become the norm around here.