amanda knox freed from italian prison

Discussion in 'In the News' started by lippy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

the killer is in jail...did you read the articles?:rolleyes:

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He know, he justs wants us to say 'the black guy" :eek:

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

5. free816

free816 New Member

Lol btw 1st time hearing the story way back then i had my on him being guilty

6. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Trust me I know the trap:smt005

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Haha...petty is no match for us two. We will spank that little behind of his and he knows it.:cool:

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Knox still had not apologized and didn't pay Patrick Lumumba for that slander against him which was chump change:22,000 Euros which is almost $24,000. Wished it was $200,000.

9. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

well she is headed back to Italy (which shocks me) to write a book about the Italian justice sytem...perhaps she will make amends with her old employer then...24k is not much considering her first book was a best seller...however, her family spent every cent they had to travel back/forth to Italy during her incarceration as well as for her defense...she is probably still paying them back...

I don't think she is going to be safe in Italy...hopefully she takes a few bodyguards

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I found it strange too...but likely going back to sue.

She did apologize to Patrick......it's documented in court, so ST is wrong.

Secondly, there is the misconception that Amanda just gave up Patrick as him doing it, when the reality is the police kept pounding her and pounding her in the interrogation that he was involved and we all know about false confessions (see below)... she of course recanted....

"...The second lawsuit was filed by Patrick Lumumba against Amanda Knox for defamation. This lawsuit would prove to be extremely damaging to Amanda as it certainly influenced the murder trial. Lumumba wanted compensation because Amanda “accused” him of murdering Meredith. Early on, Lumumba had told the press that he was mistreated by the police and endured a brutal interrogation. You would think that his experience with the police would give him an understanding as to why Amanda described a “vision” during her interrogation that imagined Lumumba attacking Meredith while Amanda listened from another room (I discuss Amanda’s interrogation extensively in “Injustice in Perugia” and again in the Preface of this book). As we know, Amanda endured an all night interrogation where she was repeatedly told that Lumumba committed the crime and she was told to imagine that it occurred. Shortly after the interrogation ended, Amanda recanted her statements stating that she was under the pressures of stress, shock and extreme exhaustion. Amanda’s retraction had no influence on the police; they needed their trio of suspects to fulfill Mignini’s fantasy so they rushed out to arrest Lumumba anyway

And....

Things went seriously wrong in the investigation when a text message on Knox’s phone was taken out of context. The text from Knox to Lumumba (a local bar owner Knox worked for), “see you later” was taken literally by investigators. In the US, this phrase, in the context that it was written, simply means goodbye. The police told Knox the text meant that she planned on meeting Lumumba on the night of the murder. The police also left out the second part of the message, “good night.”* When you put the phrase together, it explains the meaning even more clearly. Knox had no intention of meeting Lumumba that night. Lumumba had told her she was not needed at work and Knox was simply saying goodbye in response.

The text gave the police a name. Once they had Lumumba in their sights, interrogators turned up the pressure on Knox to implicate him. Knox was told to imagine how the murder might have occurred. When Knox could not provide the information requested, she was physically and mentally abused.

Amanda stated in court testimony that she was repeatedly slapped on the back of her head and called a stupid liar. Interrogators lied to Knox, telling her they had proof that she was at the crime scene at the time of the murder, and if she did not do as she was told, she would end up in prison for 30 years, never to see her family again.

This abuse went on for hours until Knox was finally broken. Suffering from extreme exhaustion, after a long and grueling interrogation, the twenty-year-old college student gave in to her interrogators demands by describing an imaginary dream or vision. In this vision, she was in the kitchen of the cottage covering her ears to block out screams, while Lumumba was in Meredith’s bedroom.

Shortly after the interrogation ended, Knox recanted her statements stating* that she was under the pressures of stress, shock and extreme exhaustion. Knox’s retraction had no influence on the police; they rushed out to arrest Lumumba anyway.

11. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Why should she have to? She was coerced into implicating him.

It was the Italian police who decided that he was a suspect after they found hair from a black person at the crime scene and then rounded up the first brother that they ran across. It was the Italian police who, according to Lumamba's own account, threatened him, used racial slurs against him and hit him when he was being held in custody. It was also the local authorities in Perugia, not Amanda Knox, who refused to let him reopen his bar, a decision which eventually ruined him financially, after he'd been cleared as a suspect.

Lumumba got fucked over royally, but it was the Italian authorities who did it to him. IMO he keeps attacking Knox because he's knows that there's no way in hell that he's ever going to get compensation for what happened to him in Italy, which is also probably why he doesn't even live in the country anymore.

BTW that bullshit slander conviction is likely to overturned by the European Human Rights Court.

12. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Great post! I have been following the case so I knew about the lawsuit...she may still pay it...she did apologize ...I think under extreme interrogations a person would be willing to say anything just to get out of the room...

You bring up a good point...I wonder if she will sue? They did take years of her life...that is one strong family...her mom and dad although divorced were united on whatever it took to save their daughter

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's been speculated that the reason they kept reconvicting them was to avoid a costly compensation payout. It would bankrupt the town. (Never mind they bankrupted her and her family).

This link is an interesting take on the Patrick situation...oddly, he himself lied about Amanda and his work relationship with her...Also, according to the article, depending on who he was suing, he up played and the retracted his abuse by the police.(he suddenly denied cops abused him, which further helped frame her.. to help his lawsuit).

It really is a fascinating case ONLY because so many people outlandishly lied, when really it was a cut and dried single-suspect rape-murder case.

http://groundreport.com/greed-continues-to-fuel-patrick-lumumbas-hatred-toward-amanda-knox/

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

God bless the legal system

15. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Soccer supporters fortunately do not represent an entire nation.
    There is a strong neo nazi element among supporters.
    You ever heard of hooligans ?