Keegan-Michael Key and Wife Split

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by SilverSmith, Jan 8, 2016.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Link

Keegan-Michael Key has filed for divorce from Cynthia Blaise, his wife of 17 years.

The Key & Peele star filed papers on New Year's Eve, with court documents stating the couple separated in November.

Key and Blaise, an actress and Hollywood dialect coach, were married in December 1998. Blaise acted in several episodes of Key and Peele and worked as a dialect coach on several films and TV shows, including Bad Teacher and Miami Vice.

Key, who cites irreconcilable differences in the divorce papers, is asking to delay on deciding the issue of spousal support until a later date. The couple have no children together.

Key starred on Comedy Central's Key & Peele from 2012 until September 2015, when the series finale aired.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Too bad. Things seemed good between them 5 years ago.lol

[YOUTUBE]IFRrUYTlvL0[/YOUTUBE]

3. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

That's always so sad to hear. Wonder what happened?

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

His star rose and he started having bad chicks get at him left and right. (I really don't know)

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Sad indeed.

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm a little curious as to why spousal support is even a question if they have no children together and she works. Don't want to turn the thread into a divorce forum, but I read that and got curious.

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be because he probably makes more and she's been accustomed to a certain lifestyle? My ex's third wife got alimony even though she is a biology teacher. But he's a physician and earning substantially more than she is.

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Good point. I thought that many states had moved away from support in the absence of children.