Black Lives Matter Activist Kills Self

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ches, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bl...arrel-kills-self/ar-BBpiWZf?ocid=ansmsnnews11

A Black Lives Matter activist killed himself on the steps of the Ohio Statehouse, authorities said.

MarShawn McCarrel, 23, shot himself in front of the Columbus building Monday evening, Lt. Craig Cvetan of the State Highway Patrol told the Columbus Dispatch.

“My demons won today. I'm sorry,” the activist, who attended the NAACP Image Awards last Friday, posted on his Facebook page around 3 p.m., just hours before his body was found near the Statehouse.

*BLACK LIVES MATTER LEADER RUNNING FOR BALTIMORE MAYOR*

His last tweet read: “Let the record show that I pissed on the state house before I left.”

No one witnessed the shooting, Cvetan said. McCarrel was pronounced dead at the scene.

McCarrel, who had recently worked with Black Lives Matter, helped organize protests in Ohio after a Missouri cop shot and killed unarmed black teenager Michael Brown in 2014.

He also founded youth mentorship program Pursuing Our Dreams, which launched Feed the Streets, a project to help Ohio's homeless.

He attended the NAACP’s Image Awards on Friday, Pursuing Our Dreams wrote on its Facebook. He was named one of Radio One’s Hometown Champions, an award for community activists and volunteers, earlier this year and earned a trip to the California awards show.

"He is selfless and will give his last in order to make sure others don't go without,” read a nomination page for the Hometown Champions Award. “MarShawn has come so far in life and has inspired so many people to help others”

“All everyone needs is love,” he told 614 Columbus in 2014, referring to his work with the Feed the Streets. “That’s a human being. That’s a pulse. We’re feeding everyone, we’re sending the message — today I got you; tomorrow, I could be right there.”

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm

Seems suspicious.

The FBI has it out for that group..it wouldn't surprise me if they killed him.
    The FBI director compared BLM to a terrorist group.

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

So the FBI tweeted his last message too?

4. flaminghetero

They've done lots more than that.

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I suppose nothing is impossible when talking about gov't agencies, but I'll take the story at face value unless more information is forthcoming. It's sad regardless of the method by which he died.

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Sad, but why dude?

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That is very sad. Reminds me of the suicide of Arthur Teele. He was a black republican working for Miami-Dade County. An article in the Miami New Times paper did an expose' of him and it was pretty nasty. It dealt with money and prostitution. He went to visit with a reporter named Jim Defede, who worked at the Miami Herald. He had spoke to Defede prior to the visit. When Teele asked at the reception desk, he learned that Defede had left for the evening. He thanked the security officer at the desk and asked the officer to tell his wife that he loved her. He took out a gun and shot himself in the lobby of the Miami Herald. He died later at the hospital. The Miami New Times came under fire for reporting this story. In life, this man was a hard working official who was pretty much screwed over by his colleagues. His surviving family had to fight to get his pension benefits.

Though, tragic as it is, suicide is not the best solution.

8. flaminghetero

Never take anything at face value...especially when the FBI is involved.

The FBI director actually likened the BLM to terrorists.
    When they start telling big lies like that....look out!

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Art Teele's suicide was tragic, and it really highlighted the way 'journalism' can go from mere reporting to seedy exposè quite easily, and ruin someone's life.

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Teele had problems before he ended his life.

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

A ton, to be sure. I just think that the exposè caused him so much shame that it precipitated the suicide, especially the tranny prostitution stuff.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

My boss at the time knew Teele. The next morning, I woke up, turned on Tv 4 News and saw the reporter stood outside the main entrance to my job. I said, "Oh, Shit." All day long I had been trying to help the local media with parking and other things. But I was not allowed to offer commentary on the events. Channel 10's Michael Putney walked over to me and said, "This is a tragic day."
    I said, "Dog days of summer."
    I said that because it was a tragic, busy and very hot day after Teele's death. I didn't get home until after 5 that evening. Art Teele worried a lot about this scandal. Some people even praised Miami New Times for exposing Teele. Everyone else damned it because of what had happened.