Boondocks Is Back: Season Four Teaser!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sirius Dogon, Mar 15, 2014.

1. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

The show is basically black satire, ir isn't something you want near black satire.

2. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Sneak peek images of Season 4 of The Boondocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Aaron McGruder Bids Boondocks Farewell

FROM AARON MCGRUDER:

As the world now knows, The Boondocks will be returning for a fourth season, but I will not be returning with it. I’d like to extend my gratitude to Sony and Adult Swim for three great seasons.

I created The Boondocks two decades ago in college, did the daily comic for six years, and was showrunner on the animated series for the first three seasons. The Boondocks pretty much represents my life’s work to this point. Huey, Riley, and Granddad are not just property to me. They are my fictional blood relatives. Nothing is more painful than to leave them behind.

To quote a great white man, “Hollywood is a business”. And to quote another great white man, “Don’t hold grudges”.

What has never been lost on me is the enormous responsibility that came with The Boondocks - particularly the television show and it’s relatively young audience. It was important to offend, but equally important to offend for the right reasons. For three seasons I personally navigated this show through the minefields of controversy. It was not perfect. And it definitely was not quick. But it was always done with a keen sense of duty, history, culture, and love. Anything less would have been simply unacceptable.

As for me, I’m finally putting a life of controversy and troublemaking behind me with my upcoming Adult Swim show, BLACK JESUS.

AM

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

As an artist, AM is doing the right thing. Moving on and creating the next big thing. Like singer-songwriters, they don't stop there. Lorenzo Semple, the man who wrote episodes of the Batman tv show didn't stop, either. He died at the age of 91. He wrote the 1976 version of King Kong and the James Bond film Never Say Never Again(a remake of Thunderball). I hope AM will succeed with BLACK JESUS as he did with THE BOONDOCKS. Don't stop, Aaron.

5. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[YOUTUBE]v3uJxyMNX9c[/YOUTUBE]

6. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Extended Trailer

[YOUTUBE]BzOPNi1hm08[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wow first episode spoke directly to what some of us have been talking about as far as keeping your woman in "check"
    Sad but so damn true for a lot of people

8. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Pretty Boy Flizzy

[​IMG]

9. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

10. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

no question it was him

11. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[YOUTUBE]z0VTs7gZyXc[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  12. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

Chris Brown (or whoever runs his twitter) went on twitter talking shit about Boondocks as soon as it finished airing,but he deleted his tweets.

13. D Nyce

D Nyce New Member

I never got to see a whole season of this from beginning to end, I might try and watch this whole season.

14. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

TV Ratings: Adult Swim's 'Boondocks' Scores Big in Final Season

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-adult-swims-boondocks-698251

The comic strip adaptation, which lost creator Aaron McGruder after the third season, returns from a lengthy hiatus with the network's biggest primetime showing in five years.

[​IMG]

The Boondocks entered its final season with record ratings on Monday night. Adult Swim's outgoing cartoon, which has been absent from the airwaves since 2010, won the night across cable and broadcast in the young adults demographic.

The 10:30 p.m. episode logged 1.4 million adults 18-34. That beat The Voice, the NBA playoffs and The Blacklist for the top spot. Boondocks' ratings record also marks a five-year high for the network in all demos for a primetime telecast.

Adult Swim, originally a late-night venue for alternative cartoons and comedy, recently overtook all of primetime in its channel-share with Cartoon Network. The Adult Swim block now starts at 8 p.m. nightly.

With just shy of 3 million viewers, The Boondocks' successful return also marks the first without creator Aaron McGruder on board as showrunner. McGruder originally adapted The Boondocks from his original comic strip to a series in 2005. (The network recently gave a series order to Black Jesus, a live-action project from McGruder.)

In both adults 18-34 and 18-49, The Boondocks was up more than 50 percent from its most recent season average.

15. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

16. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

17. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Why no one told me it was on monday. :p
    Think full episode online somewhere?

18. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

19. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member