starting to like country music

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Oct 8, 2010.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I have gotten weary of most of todays R and B and rap (use to be hip hop) now Im getting to country. here are some I discovered .... do you have a few you like

[YOUTUBE]xP-Sxfntdb4&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oqYUns2YQik[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]y5zCaRaJ-kE&ob=av2n[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HxUuDPNbkJk&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You can keep it:smt042

3. Devorn

Devorn Member

Very relaxing I'd say. Toby keith sounds like rap/country, interesting. I'll go ahead and share a couple of mine and something different as well.

how do I embed the video the you did?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I don't like country but it's tolerable. I've heard a few good songs. Wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it, though. I'll take the country station over the rap/R&B station any day......if I still listened to the radio.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Me too. I didn't like it at all, until I was forced to be present at a Kenny Chesney concert...and was really impressed. He had brooks and Dunne, Lady Antebellum, Leanne Rhimes, Keith Urban...they were amazing in concert.

I love this song...
    [youtube]1OfsZyYPLoI&ob[/youtube]

This is a great video too...

[youtube]j5GVa1yWYZM[/youtube]

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

My friend and I always give each other shit for what we like to listen to. He's Honduran and loves country and the whole country lifestlye and culture. I always say some shit like "you're the only brown redneck at a Kenny Chesney concert". He has the jeans, the belt buckle, the hat, the big pickup truck, etc. In return, my friend gives me shit for liking Japanese pop and rock music. :rolleyes:

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Devorn, you do it like this...

[you tube] XZRSW8[/you tube] < no spaces)

It doesn't need the whole URL code, usually just the capital letters in it.

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

What Kunoichi said. Basically, everything after the "=" sign.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I have been present at 3 K. Chesney concerts (for work) so far, and they are by far the best looking, sexiet fan crowd. They go all out. Never seen one redneck, and I see lots of IR couples. lol!

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

My friend actually told me that a few months ago. I was like "Shit, let's go(not serious)". I would feel so out of place at a country concert. It would be like bringing my friend to a SCANDAL concert(Japanese band). :smt042

When my friend went to a concert a few months ago, he said he was the only Hispanic there and that all the other trucks made his shit look small as hell, and my friend has a big fucking truck. He wants a bigger one and wants to go all out(gun rack, bull horns, for sticker).

the first country song I liked was actually a Kenny Chesney song, but it was for a stupid ass reason. :smt042

11. NCBradin

NCBradin New Member

That's why god invented country music in the first place! May god bless country music! :smt042

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Listening to country music is all good especially if fans can tolerate brothers with their White dates at clubs and concerts.

13. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I have zero interrest in Country music - However - This dude was the shiiiieeet. Amazing man, amazing music.

[​IMG]

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What was the reason?? lol....do tell.

Let me tell you, the women come dressed. Stilettos, high heeled cowboy boots and minis or daisy dukes, tanned, long hair, midriffs baring...I don't wanna sound too gay, but you get my drift...now the men, oh lord the men, with their bare chests, cowboy hats, their- well, what do you care, so I wont bother further, lol.

FYI, I see brothas there all the time...I see black couples, black chicks...country had crossed into pop, its very popular now.

15. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan but good for you goodlove. I have heard of a few of those people.

16. Ms. J

Ms. J Well-Known Member

I like all kinds of music

I've been a big fan of Patsy Cline for a long time. I also really like modern bluegrass, my all-time fav is Allison Krauss. I have a good friend, former co-worker, during the time we worked together that was pretty much all we listerned to - sorta got used to it; for me, it's like most musical genres - some of it I like & some of it I don't :smt052

17. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Back in like 3rd grade, I was visiting my cousin in LA, and my grandma had the country station on and all we heard was "big orange balls sinkin' in the water", and we started dying! Found out later, much later, that it was ball not balls, but we were like 8 and thought that was the funniest shit ever. Then, earlier this year, my friend bought a Chesney greatest hits cd and put this song on, and it was the first time I had heard that song since my cousin and I first heard it, and memories came back and I just started dying again. My friend is looking at me like "what the fuck man?" So I explain it to him and he's like "HA! This fucking guy".

18. Anten7

Anten7 New Member

I had a great time at a Country Western Line Dance club in Nashville. I was really suprised at how friendly and inviting everyone was...

19. Devorn

Devorn Member

been here since 2005 and cant post a video.lol thanks..

[YOUTUBE]7kxQaZFXIxs[/YOUTUBE]
    jessica had her shining moments.

[YOUTUBE]oFGzyQYYcsc[/YOUTUBE]
    my favourite style of music, relaxing.

20. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

i love me a bit of country

[YOUTUBE]gS-F4rfU4ns[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]o22eIJDtKho[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]X-a8H91jpIY[/YOUTUBE]

my 3 favorite artists