Boondocks Is Back: Season Four Teaser!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sirius Dogon, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[YOUTUBE]jbC5onWnCKk[/YOUTUBE]

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Damn! 9 years to make 4 seasons? I nearly forgot all about this show.

3. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

Greatest cartoon ever,can't wait!

4. DonnyJ

DonnyJ Banned

I can't bare to watch this show. They drop too many N bombs for my liking.

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Geah!

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I have all three seasons on DVD. I have my favorite episodes from each season. I think The Boondocks is unique because it can make you laugh and cringe all at the same time.

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Some of the episodes I could not see since CN Adult Swim sometimes censors or don't show it at all. I love it when Uncle Rukus gets his comeuppence in some of those episodes. Oh I hope there is a Tea Party episode.

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]

Hell yeah!!

9. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I could have sworn there's some shark jumping in the previous season...

10. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'The Boondocks' returns, but without creator Aaron McGruder

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...gruder-20140321,0,2445622.story#ixzz2wdowrOvw

[​IMG]

"The Boondocks," the edgy animated series based on Aaron McGruder's comic strip about 10-year-old black militant Huey Freeman and his gangsta-wanna-be younger brother Riley living in the suburbs with their grandfather, is returning April 21 for a fourth and final season on Adult Swim.

However, there's a catch. McGruder, who created the series and was its key creative force, is not along for the ride.

A press release from Sony Pictures Television, which produces the series, noted that the new season "was produced without the involvement of Aaron McGruder, when a mutually agreeable production schedule could not be determined."

Representatives for McGruder could not be reached for comment.

PHOTOS: WGA’s top 101 shows

The announcement comes as a surprise: Since launching the strip in 1999, McGruder, who is developing a live-action comedy "Black Jesus" for Adult Swim, has been extremely protective of the property and the Boondocks characters.

The Peabody Award-winning series has been a hot button for Adult Swim since its premiere. The Rev. Al Sharpton and others lashed out at the relentless use of the "N-word" in episodes.

McGruder has taken on several iconic African American figures in the show and angered Tyler Perry when he made fun of the filmmaker in an episode that portrayed a Perry-like figure as a closeted cross-dresser who used religion to hide his lifestyle.

The series last aired in 2010.

Returning to the new season as the voices of Huey and Riley is Regina King, and John Witherspoon is returning as the voice of Robert "Granddad" Freeman.

11. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Like south park without Matt and Trey. What the hell?

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Well this certainly puts a damper on things. smdh

13. Morning Star

14. 1449225

About a year ago he was in the news saying production was coming along good. I wonder did they completely scrap his involvement or just usehis material until he quit.

15. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Loved the first 3 seasons and definitely excited about the 4th :)

16. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Adult Swim Orders ‘Black Jesus’ Series from ‘Boondocks’ Creator

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/adu...sus-series-from-boondocks-creator-1201129015/

[​IMG]

Jesus is alive and living in present-day Compton, Calif. — at least according to the premise of the new live-action Adult Swim show “Black Jesus.”

TV PILOTS/DEVELOPMENT SCORECARD: Follow all of the development action during upfront season

Created by Aaron McGruder (“The Boondocks,” “Red Tails”), the comedy stars newcomer Gerald “Slink” Johnson as the man on a mission to spread love and kindness throughout the neighborhood with the help of his small, but loyal group of downtrodden followers. The series also stars Charlie Murphy (“Are We There Yet?”), Corey Holcomb (“The Cleveland Show”), John Witherspoon (“The Boondocks”), Kali Hawk (“Couples Retreat”), Andra Fuller (“L.A. Complex”) and Antwon Tanner (“One Tree Hill”).

The Turner-owned network will premiere the series later this year.

McGruder will serve as executive producer through his 5 Mutts Productions, along with writer-director Mike Clattenberg (“Trailer Park Boys”) and LEG’s Norman Aladjem and John Bravakis.

17. 1449225

No wonder he checked out of Boondocks.

18. Morning Star

I think my nights will be busy again...with this guy at the woodwork!

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I did not know he wrote the movie Red Tails. But,like I said in past threads I hate it when brotherman dies with no happy ending with his Italian lady. Otherwise I hope he pulls off Black Jesus. To the folks what is your opinion of the Boondocks portrayal of IR couples?

20. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Don't really care much about the portrayal of IR couples, but seeing as how Tom is seen as a white washed character, and has a white wife I'm guessing it's not the preference. But aside from Tom, there aren't any other couples in the show. Relationships were never a huge focus in the show, except for Grandad dating skanks every one in a while.. There were more interesting things to criticize.