The adrenaline rush; life on the edge thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Beasty, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]s49lfSf_VMU[/YOUTUBE]

How about this one to start. They say Oracle whales do not attack people in the wild. Is this life on the edge or an adrenaline rush? You decide. Either way it sure looks like fun!

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]jbXPhOFRxTc[/YOUTUBE]

I love cedar point and the Millennium force! Might have to get back up there this summer.

3. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

beasty...I love this...lots of whale talk lately amongst friends...who knew whales love chasing boats...they can actually be quite playful...thanks for posting!

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed the video. Think you would have enjoyed being on that boat?

5. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I would have loved it! I was telling whiks in another thread that I just watched "the whale" amazing true story about this whale that lived by himself in the sound off of vancouver...he chased boats and was very friendly with people...I would be in awe of a whale that up close and personal...

6. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Amazing, amazing, amazing orca video!! I would love to experience that! I've had similar experiences with dolphins, as I'm sure most people have, and also with humpback whales - although, they're less "thrill" and more serenity...

Having said that, there's a certain amount of thrill being in a relatively small boat when a full size humpback breaches only metres away!!

[YOUTUBE]Udm2YjKPKsE[/YOUTUBE]

LOL at the lady freaking out at the end :smt043

7. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Next major thing on my bucket list is doing an "Eye To Eye Marine Encounter" with Minke whales - a live aboard week long tour tagging along with scientists and researchers where you get to be in the water with the whales....

I know it's not for some, but that's my idea of an adrenaline rush :D

http://www.marineencounters.com.au/itinerary_minke.htm

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Humpback Whales are quite a sight. I have yet to see one up close. One of my nephew's instructor's is an amateur wildlife researcher. He once had an encounter with a Whale Shark. It was a big as a city bus. The lady was a little funny with her freaking out and the husband trying to calm her down. I think their boat was probably broke down.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Amazing!!!

10. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Whale sharks are also on my bucket list - but also probably fall more into the "serene" category... they're just so graceful and beautiful, not confronting :)

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

They are scary fast.

12. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

I've gotta say, the adrenaline was pumping the day I crashed a quad bike!

[​IMG]

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

If you do encounter a Whale Shark, ride on their backs and stay away from their mouths.

I would also like to see the giant Manta Rays. Talk about serenity. A creature that flies in the ocean.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're okay.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Who brave enough to do this with you? Wtarshi? lol
    Totally Awesome!! lol....... Bet you had fun!!

16. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Done itttt!! BLEW MY MIND!! :D

It's probably more a case of "who's dumb enough to spend $1000 a day doing it" and good ol' wtarshi is probably smarter than that hehe ;)

It was a LOT of fun, and I was lucky I stacked it on soft sand and walked away with nothing worse than bruises. But I tell ya... when you get some speed up on those quad bikes, it's such a thrill!

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]2fAvbqQWRWo[/YOUTUBE]

This is a cool video. I would start it at the 5min mark and enjoy the view of the Tianmen mountains as well as the awesome event in the end!

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]PtYOx0_4jZg[/YOUTUBE]

19. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Up in the Northern Territory you can take these jumping crocodile cruises, which are fairly tame... But then there's this guy:

[​IMG]

And when he jumps up and snaps his jaws right near you... I have to admit, I squealed :smt053

[YOUTUBE]D6cZ7eRCWdo[/YOUTUBE]

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Very Interesting!