Scientists Discover A Puppy-Sized Spider That Will Haunt Your Dreams

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by qwils86, Oct 20, 2014.

1. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That spider is HUGE. I recall reading about a spider the size of a dinner plate. I remember watching The Discovery Channel and Animal Planet and they would show this spider crawling past ready to pounce on it's prey(which is small birds, lizards and rodents).

I think back to the classic film Tarantula with John Agar, Mara Corday, Leo G. Carroll and Clint Eastwood in a small but memorable role as a lead fighter pilot.
    This tarantula was the only one that was trained in Hollywood and had appeared in other films like The Incredible Shrinking Man. It was a large Chilean tarantula named Tammy and she was trained to "play dead." Tarantulas or larger spiders of this type can live a long time in their natural habitat because there aren't many humans there. Some native tribes in South America consider spiders a delicacy. They are caught wrapped in leaves and roasted. Even adventurer Bear Gryll's had eaten spiders more than once. If there are spiders larger than the Bird Eater, they would have one thing working against them; gravity. A spider that large would not be able to move very far or very fast. Of course, in sci-fi films they could be that way, but in real life, not so much. These are God's creatures living out their functions as any living thing does.

3. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

In the word of Mr. Spock, fascinating. I had no idea that such spiders existed at that size. Makes you wonder what other discoveries yet to be revealed in remote rainforests around the world.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Holy fuck. That's crazy

5. As if I needed another reason to hate or be creeped out by spiders

6. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

look pretty much like what i know as a bird or wulfspider too me. might be a bit huge according to what they write, but i had a bird spider on my hands already that had the size of my hand. (not the palm only. from the fingertip to my wrist).
    as long you are not arachnophobian they arent all that scary, tho... just dont wont to make them angry.

7. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Scenario 2:

- Genetic tampering in a laboratory.....
    - Reintroduction of the enlarged specie into the wild......
    - Claim credit for the discovery. .....

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member