paying off your mortgage in less than 5 years

Discussion in 'Getting Ahead: Careers, Finance and Productivity' started by goodlove, Jun 10, 2013.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

All of my life lol.

until the last 5 months.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

True story. Its sad

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I saw what you all had written and thought, "Damn, this sounds like walking into the wrong bar in North Miami Beach, lol."

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah, a friend of mine once stated write down what you want your money to do till the littlest thing and follow that path you will end up with a nice saving and eventually out of debt

5. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

great info & plan...I am looking forward to the day I finish renting from the bank...after all we own nothing until the bank loan is paid off...they can come take your car away or your house away...payment free is where I want to be:D

6. Amazonka

Amazonka Active Member

Vancouver ranks second only to Hong Kong in having the least affordable housing.....:smt037...unreal..$2.5M average price on the westside of Vancouver

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Wow.

8. Amazonka

Amazonka Active Member

Yea...

9. SirNice

SirNice New Member

glad to see you back on here

10. SirNice

SirNice New Member

I applaud you efforts, I hear far too stories of the opposite (e.g. foreclosures, bankruptcy these days). I wished many of my friends had the displacing you and your wife displayed. But one thing, are your 401K's matched or unmatched? If they are matched I would have left it as full contribution.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Thats not me...its an article...i wish

12. SirNice

SirNice New Member

oh ok my bad....rule number in finance in my opinion is always take the free month. So no matter what, maximize a matched 401k. My personal finance strategy was to pay for a modest home outright, then finance rental/investment properties. I know this strategy may not work everywhere but it is working for me.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Could you elaborate

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Buy crack low

Sell crack high

Profit