Interstellar trailer - Anne Hathaway swirling?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Elklodge, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw The Bank Job. The sex scene between the white woman with the black American author was...let me say, a little luke warm. Although, she was an MI-5 agent assigned to sleep with the guy to learn of his connections to a blackmailer. It was sad that she ended up getting killed by the blackmailer.

2. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

It's finally uploaded to youtube here it is

[YOUTUBE]ePbKGoIGAXY[/YOUTUBE]

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Lol

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

My point is, backed up by your small list of mostly little-seen films, is that there aren't many mainstream movies at all in which black men and white women actually have onscreen sexual contact. The sexual representation of black men-white women is just as rare as the romantic representation of black men-white women. For God's sakes you chose "Obsessed" even though no sexual act was ever consummated. Don't even think Elba's character was ever even considering having sex with his blonde secretary which means the movie wasn't exactly "Fatal Attraction" in which Michael Douglass did betray his wife. The pathetic thing about "Obsessed" is that the whiny black wife, Beyonce, gets to show Elba she is boss by dressing him down over his situation with his white secretary even though he himself never initiated anything with that secretary and certainly never slept with her. Beyonce's character even gets to be the one who physically takes out the secretary once she goes a bit loopy. I don't know of a movie which better represents the emasculation of the black male than that film.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Obsessed was made with black women in mind.

6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Trust me, I know. That is why I ignore all movies made by the guys behind the film. They want to cut off their balls and cater to black women? Go ahead but I don't have to support it.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Which is why films with a positive depiction of an IR relationship with a black man and a white, Asian, Latina, Native American and other women should be made through an independent lens. Independent films are the only way to go. It can also be promoted and shown online. You don't need big name actors or a big budget; just a story and believeable characters. It can all be done. I think if George Lucas wants to do more art house films to get away from the studio system, he would use this as an example(since he is in an IR marriage).

8. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Well this film looks to be on the more positive side of the spectrum in terms of it's portrayal of IR. Doesn't look like either's ethnicity will be much of a factor just two people who care for each other.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

And that is the way it should always be, in my opinion. Just two human beings who love and care for each other. Skin color be damned. If someone loves a person, they love the "whole" person. Which is what will be seen in this film.