Interstellar trailer - Anne Hathaway swirling?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Elklodge, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

New trailer for Christopher Nolan's film Interstellar. Trailer looks amazing, but also there is a hint of a relationship between Anne Hathaway's character and a black man I believe the actor to be David Oyelowo

[YOUTUBE]Lm8p5rlrSkY[/YOUTUBE]

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I have seen the trailer the first time when I went to see Godzilla. But, I didn't see an interracial scene other than the multiracial make-up of the crew of the spacecraft. I didn't know that Anne Hathaway was in this film. Anne Hathaway did an interracial fling in a film in which she is with a Latino because she and her girlfriend in the film were fans of hip-hop and they hook up with the Latinos. But she was fresh from The Princess Diaries at Disney. It is a funny thing about Disney, once Disney makes you a star, you have to remain "pure."
    Mouseketeer Annette Funicello had a blow out with Walt Disney about wearing a bikini in one of the Beach films she was doing with Frankie Avalon. She wore the bikini and the rest is history. But, we'll see what Anne's relationship status is when the film comes out.

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

What does all of this have to do with.... :)

Anyway the OP was referring to the new trailer that was just released, not any you would have seen when checking out Godzilla in the theaters.

4. JamalSpunky

The actor is actually David Gyasi, also a Brit. David Oyelowo plays another character in the movie. Perhaps it would have been better of Nolan to not cast two black Brits of roughly the same age, the same complexion and the same first name, with an African surname to boot. People are bound to be confused.

But to answer the larger point, yes, Hathaway's character does have a black lover/boyfriend in this film played by Gyasi (this has been all but confirmed on websites such as those devoted to all things Chris Nolan). I first learned that their characters hooked up thanks to some tweets from those who saw the trailer at the recent comic con.

Now it is very possible that Hathaway and Gyasi's characters don't end up staying together by movie's end. Who knows? One of them could die (and considering how we see Hathaway touching the face of an older Gyasi in the trailer---the concept of jumping through time plays a role in this story---that could be very likely). But at the very least Hathaway's character is initially swirling with a fellow astronaut who happens to be black. Considering this is a HUGE mainstream, big budget motion picture such an IR depiction is a great step forward for those of us who would like to see more BM/WW on the big screen. And there are bunch of other films with such hookups on the way too so we may be seeing the beginnings of a shift.

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Just caught the trailer during a screening of Hercules. The version I caught was totally focused on Matthew McConaughey's (sp?) character leaving his kids behind.

6. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

The videos is private

7. JamalSpunky

This newest version will be seen with "Guardians of the Galaxy". "Hercules" came out a week too early for the trailer (and frankly didn't seem like they type of sure-fire hit that you would release such a major trailer with anyway).

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Along with the piece from the V For Vendetta soundtrack, Evey Reborn by Dario Marionelli. That's the one I saw.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That Anne Hathaway and Annette Funicello started in Disney. That is the point I am making.

10. satyr

satyr New Member

"Swirling".

You can almost always place someone geographically based upon their use of that stupid term.

11. Elklodge

Haha I know it's a dumb term I just wanted to use some word and that's the first one that popped into my head. For those who couldn't watch video due to it being private let me try it again, seems youtube isn't playing the video only news sites here is a link

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41786

12. JamalSpunky

Don't sweat it. There are worse offenses. Such as using a tool like Kobe as an avatar.

13. jaym15

jaym15 New Member

wheres "she'll let you get yo swerve on" from?

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I once heard another dumb statement once years ago on Jerry Springer. A white woman was sick and tired of her husband's racist attitude and she declared that she would leave him for a black man. "I can love me a black man!" That is so dumb!

15. Elklodge

Bummed they don't have the trailer on youtube. Need to get some stills for the people who can't see it. What I like about it is that it seems like a very romantic relationship not a sexual one like so many mainstream movies try and make WW/BM relationships

16. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Anne Hathaway looks terrible with short hair

She looks like a boy.

She was so hot with long hair.

She has made a movie in which she has kissed a Hispanic man, in "Havoc".

17. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

I think she looks great with it.

18. JamalSpunky

Are you the Rain Man?

19. JamalSpunky

Excuse me? Can you point out to me the sexual relationships between WW and BM in MAINSTREAM films that you are decrying. I must have missed them. :)

20. Elklodge

Think about it, its usually about the sex not the love. Like the "good black man" that tries to be stolen away by a white women see "Not easily broken" "Just Wright" "Obsessed" "The Bank Job" etc