Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. babybro

babybro New Member

I'm creating this thread out there for those avid workout fiends like myself who goes to the gym 5-7 days a week. I was thinking we could use this thread like a journal. Discuss where we are now, where we would like to be, ask for critiiques or recommendation, and post a weekly pictures of yourself to keep track of
    your "transformation."

I'll Start

Goal: To be the size of the Rock, (Dwayne Johnson)

Started: September 2010

Original Weight: 138

Current Weight: 173

End Goal: 220-250

Current Bench: 240

Goal Bench: High as Possible

Current Products Taking : Size On (Creatine) and Weight Mass Builder (Weight
    Gainer)

Areas of Difficulty Growing: Chest and Legs

Current Picture:

[​IMG]

I just thought it would be a cool thread to keep us all motivated and keep us moving :D

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Props to you Sir and I wish you the best during your journey.

Goal: Break fucking necks, figuratively and literally.

Started: 2002, with push ups here and there, some light benching on my Dad's rusty ass bench.

Original Weight: I'm guessing around 160lbs during that time.

Current Weight: I haven't used a scale since December...I'm guessing 190ish.

End Goal: I would look pretty sexy I might say at 215lbs of solid muscle.

Current Bench: 0

Goal Bench: I don't bench.

Current Products Taking : Body Fortress whey protein ($35 for 6lbs @ Walmart.com with free shipping)

Areas of Difficulty Growing: My legs and back are my weakest links.

Current Picture: I don't have any pics at the current time.

Weekly progress:
    Leg pressed 910lbs this week...90lbs to 1,000. Cardio is still shit. Visibly added some some size to my back and chest. Legs look like crap. One armed shrugs with the smith machine is the shit! Almost have a 6 pack again...going for 8 this year.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

since starting brazilian jiu jitsu, i've decided to add more circuit training geared towards wrestling/grappling movement, alongside my usual strength and road work routines. My overall goal is to condition my body for long periods of fighting and mobility, while maintaining decent strength and power levels.

4. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Goal:
    I'm currently 67kgs (I think thats 147) which is within my healthy weight range.

I'd like to drop a little to 63kgs (I think 138 which is where I was before I stacked it on over the last few years way up to 165!

I've made progress so far- was just restoring the good habits I used to have and it came off pretty quick.

Mostly I want to be able to increase and improve my fitness as well rather than just make it about vanity.

Today I did 5ks on the treadmill (that's somewhere over 3 miles, 3.10) in 24 mins. I then did 15 minutes hard out on the rower at setting 10/10.. which nearly killed me! Have recently started on the rower. 25 mins cross trainer.

5. Ymra

Ymra New Member

Goal: 100 pushups in 2 min
    200 situp in 2min
    2 miles 12:48

Started: January 2010

Original Weight: 235lbs as of July 4th 2009

Current Weight: 180lbs as of April 6 2010

End Goal: 175lbs

Current Bench: 270

Goal Bench: 290

Current Products Taking : Mother nature's goodness

Areas of Difficulty Growing: I just don't feel like it some times.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

7. 4north1side2

Ain't that the gawd damn truth!

Progress:

Still leaning out, diet pop is ok on a carb diet. My back and shoulders have grown in size. I need to work on my lil chicken neck. I really would like a good dish of fried maccaroni and cheese right now.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Im with you that

9. lightbrotha4u

lightbrotha4u Member

Goal - to be 185-190lbs with six pack abs
    - to deadlift 500lbs

started - November 2006

beginning weight - 139lbs

current weight - 172lbs @ 15% bodyfat

current bench - 115lb (dumbbells) each hand

current barbell bench - i suck, lol

current squat - 315lbs

current deadlift - 425lbs

areas of difficulty - calves

Supplements taken - Optimum Nutrition whey protein. ON casein protein (before bed). Multivitamin.

Right now i'm cutting (eating less, and doing more cardio - mostly sprints) so i'm not gaining anything but rather maintaining. That will change in a couple of months though :)

current pics - these are a few months old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

one of the better ones as far as mixing with spoons is concerned, and i tried a lot:eek:

11. lightbrotha4u

lightbrotha4u Member

i agree. BSN's syntha-6 is good also for those looking for a blend of whey and casein.

12. 4north1side2

5/2/11

Feel pretty good about this past cheat weekend, I didn't go all out like I usually do. Actually it took me almost a hour to eat 2 chocolate protein bars which is a great sign that I'm weening myself off sweets. These digusting hamburgar patties I be buying are kinda delectable now...

After seeing how much women on this site love backs it has inspired me to really develop my back, combined with my low carb diet it's paying off dividends. Shoulders also got a extra boost of size.

If I keep up the hard work at this rate, I feel like some may accuse me of taking illegal supplements at the gym. Got my mile time down to a paltry 8 minutes. I'm sure I can do 7:30 but getting back to 6 minutes will take some more time.

13. 4north1side2

5/6/2011

Not happy of the cutness of my stomach currently... Just sloppy looking to me. Maybe my eyes are fooling me but my back is WOW! Ran a 7:29 mile today....booo still crap. Had a 2 hour light to moderate cardio session yesterday.

Feeling real good in the gym, can't lie I be showing off in front of these frail and fat boys. Alotta compliments this week...n a few uber gay ones. I see females be glancing at me now but not enough to stop them in their tracks. Lots of work to do.

14. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I have gotten myself to actually like brown rice..
    I cut t w 50% quinoa or barley...

I'm on a strict diet of brown rice/quinoa or barley diet w tuna w a few things thrown in to get back on track after I veered of for a while. Sorta like a detox:)

15. babybro

babybro New Member

5/7/11

Well it's been two weeks since I updated, Most noticeable improvements
    have been in the arms. I raised to 110 barbell curls which is the last one the gym has, and reached the last weight for tricep pull downs, also rose to 90 pounds from 80 on tricep skull crushers.

I gained 2 pounds to 175 so that's 1 pound a week. Not really so good but it's better than dropping. I'm going to have to go harder in terms of eating more food.

I finally got an increase in body fat, I'm now at 5% body fat with 23.5 BMI
    So I'm only two percent body fat away from being placed as normal.

I have to work harder with my chest though, I haven't gotten any gains in my bench pressing or dumb bell pressing, I thinking I'm I'll have to change my workout for my chest to a more endurance based workout (3 sets of 8 instead of 6) and hopefully that will help with the plat-to

Been given some really nice compliments lately though, a lady says I look like a model, never thought I would get that before. Another lady says I look like a wrestler haha, and my friend called me the rock, whose by far one of my greatest inspirations lol.

I'll post another picture in a week or two to check out progress.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

the compliments never hurt

:eek:

looks fade over time and aren't everything, but why should we be denied the pleasure of being grabbed on by the opposite sex?

17. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

You are at 5% body fat now, and that's not normal? Did you mean 15% body fat, because that's more in line with the average man. Otherwise, it seems like you are saying you are trying to get to 3% body fat? I'm just curious if that's really what you mean?

18. babybro

babybro New Member

Actually I meant what I said, I' only at 5% body fat at the moment, while the average body fat for even considering athletic is 6-9%, while the average non athletic male is between 10-17% I believe. According to the chart, I'm at "essential fat" or basically the lowest you can be and in my opinion, under the
    regular body fat limit (or underweight in the body fat form.) So I want to get
    to between 7-9 at the absolute minimum. So when I lift weights, I don't look like to aliens popping out of my arms when I do curls lol. But I'm fighting genetics so I have a very tough battle ahead.

19. swirlman07

Ah, ok, I understand now I think. It's not often that people talk about increasing their body fat. That's what threw me off. At 5% you are pretty low. 3% is really at the "essential" level". How do you measure your body fat? In the picture that you posted are you at 5% there? In any case, I hope that it continues to go well for you. Good luck!

20. swirlman07

I'm currently at a body weight of 215 lbs. I'm just bulking up phrase. I want to get to 225 and maintain that weight until I starting cutting up again.

I don't worry about the weight at more, just concentrate on going as heavy as I can for a set number of reps. I cycle my reps, from 15's to 8's, with each cycle consisting of 3 to 4 weeks. I believe in volume training and do lots of sets per body part, at least 14, and up to 18 or 20 when I reduce the reps.

I haven't maxed out in a while, not since I weighed 160. Then, my best squat was 550 lbs, dead lift was 640 lbs and my bench press was 360, drug free power lifting in contests.

The dead lift was always easy for me. The first time I attempted the lift I did 400 lbs and the power lifters in the gym were amazed and got me started competing. I can do 500 lbs. even when I don't train dead lifts.

My goal is to get my weight up to 240 lbs during my next bulking cycle next year.