Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

hey Bliss... I read up a little on that quote. This website provides some context to her statement.

I haven't been tracking events closely... but don't agree with TDK's statement that people should wait for the chaos to subside. I think leading Baltimore advocates for justice for Freddie Gray need to actively stand against the minority of anarchists and criminal opportunists who would use this as an excuse to vandalize or steal from stores. There is a big difference between standing against injustice through peaceful demonstration versus doing so through violence. What would MLK Jr do?

What's happening in Baltimore is not just a black matter. It's a national matter about upholding constitutional rights equally for all Americans. If America stands for virtue, reason, and equality before the law, it must apply it at all levels.

To have that message resonate with Americans of all ethnicities, it's important that communities in Baltimore set themselves apart from the minority of anarchists and no-gooders who would use this opportunity to defame Freddie Gray by looting and rioting.

Play the long game.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

To weed out the posers, they should ask them what cause are they fighting for

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them didn't know who Freddie gray was

'Im just here for free shit'

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Thank you, Bluesky. l read the link, and it did not appease her statement, IMO.

She said..
    "I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech. It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well."

She can try to spin that to say she meant the peaceful protesters, but no one's buying it. Cops said they were ordered to "stand down". The city's destruction speaks for itself. A picture is worth a thousand words, etc.

Anyway. Baltimore may have some embers about to reignite. Hope she's better prepared the next time if it occurs.

4. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

I really hope we don't see a repeat of all of that... it was so shameful. That's one of the reasons I couldn't bear watching the news on this. If there is a repeat, I hope she's better prepared to handle it.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I don't know why this news header has me laughing so much! :smt036

Chris Christie spent $300,000 on food, drink and candy for official entertaining -- but spokesman launches four-letter rant at right wing group's 'outrageous' smear that 300-pound governor ate and drank it all

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The rock eats like ten pounds of food/day and weighs 270 but is a physical freak and tall

So...if that 300k worth of food was like 15lbs (adjusted for Chris Christies 30lbs more weight and animal tendencies) of beluga, I'd believe it

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And the laughs continue...:smt005

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton's mix tape.

[​IMG]

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

10. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

Shouldn't tracks 6 and 13 be Newt Gingrich disses, though?

11. nardolaflare

nardolaflare New Member

I need this picture bruh bruh

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

This is classic! Lol

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

14. orejon4

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I was watching this show and one of the characters in it (a priest) raised a valid question; if god forgives all and everyone goes to heaven, what's the point of even trying to do good anymore?

Basically the show is about 'the rapture.' God spares the usual innocents like good people and little babies, but he also spares adulterers, murderers, and all other types of crazy.

:smt017

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Dude I'm at my niece's christening right now as I'm typing this and I had to walk out. This church shit is total bs. They got iPad pay stations. Got collection people wearing all white like they're counting coke money.
    This shit is clearly a money game

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:smt005

19. orejon4

Is Creflo Dollar officiating?

20. free816

free816 New Member

He wants your 3 bills for that 60 million plane he trying to buy,, had a lady at work get offended that i was offended he had the nerve to even ask for that kind of money,, God doesn't travel with you in coach and commercial geez