Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I became my daughter's Girl Scout Troop Leader this year. This is their 3rd year being Girl Scouts. The last troop leaders weren't that great. One was so disorganized and the other just didn't seem like she put much effort into it at all.

The disorganized leader had to step down this year because it was a conflict of interest for her to be leader because she started working for the Girl Scout Council. And the lazy one decided it was her time to vacate the troop as well.

So, never having been a Girl Scout myself, I stepped up because I know my daughter loves it and I didn't want to see the troop disbanded. I've had 2 meetings now and they've earned 2 badges. Yay me! LOL.

I don't know how many badges the girls earned last year, but they definitely weren't doing one a meeting. And the disorganized one is helping me until I feel more comfortable and until we find a co-leader and she told me I was doing a great job. :D

And I'm finding myself really enjoying it...teaching the girls things and watching them get excited about doing projects. I'm loving it! :smt023

2. TheHuntress

TheHuntress Well-Known Member

That it awesome! Good for you! I'm sure your daughter is so appreciative of you putting in the time and effort to do this, especially not having been a Girl Scout!

And two badges already? lol Well, aren't they just flying. lol I was a GS when I was younger. I got up to cadette before I stopped. :)

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Awwww!! Yayy! That's great! Now for the million dollar question: can you start a campfire using two sticks? :D

4. TheHuntress

TheHuntress Well-Known Member

That was the Boy Scouts. lol

I'm sure things have changed a little since I was in the Girl Scouts 15-20 years ago, but we never got to do cool stuff like that. The boys were going tent camping in the wilderness, and we were learning how to bake a pie. lol I remember asking my scout leader why we couldn't make the wooden cars, or go tent camping, or do any of the other fun stuff the boys could do. ;)

5. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Yay Bookie! That is so great. I was a brownie and I loved it I bet you are doing a fab jobs and the girlies are loving you to bits! :smt031

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Lol, that shirt rocks! :p

I've been a brownie as well... fun times

8. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

I think it's awesome bookie. Those little girls will have a great mentor to look up to in you, while they have some fun at the same time.:D

9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

That's what's up, Bookie. Good shit.

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Army barbers fuckin' suck.

11. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Pics?? :smt042

12. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

you're a good mum joanie. do you get a uniform as well...???

13. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

with him naked.

it's my birthday next month & i demand another bum shot:smt049:smt077

14. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Cold weather kills a sex drive.

15. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Go, Bookie, good for you! And them! :smt023:smt023

16. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Oh, that shirt is soo bad, Ches

17. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I broke out the emergency clippers and did some home remedy myself. All is well with my hair now. :D
    Maybe, maybe....;)

18. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

I had quite an argument with my legs today on whether they were going to behave the way they are supposed to.

I won :D

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yea!!! :smt023:smt038

20. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

YAY Pixie! You tell 'em!:axe: