ISIS Beheads Journalist

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Blacktiger2005, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

It has just been reported that the terrorist organization ISIS has just beheaded an American Journalist named James Foley and will kill others they have in captivity. ISIS threatens that they will kill as many Americans necessary to achieve their goal of getting the U.S. out of Iraq. ISIS threatens to bring attacks to New York and Washington D.C. I'm wondering if we are seeing the beginnings of a new world war on the horizon if ISIS continues to grow in power and strength by expanding their Caliphate throughout the Middle East, Europe and here in the United States.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Holy hell. These barbaric bastards put out video of it. Deplorable what they have done. ISIS want a war. Will they be given one, is the question.

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

America could care less. RIP to the journalist.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Foley went missing in Syria in 2012 while working for GlobalPost news agency

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ISIS also paraded another kidnapped Journalist (below), whom they have said they will behead next.

[​IMG]

In a chilling warning at the end of the grisly film, the executioner, who speaks with what sounds like a British accent, parades another American journalist, Steven Joel Sotloff, who went missing in August 2013, saying: 'The life of this American citizen, Obama, depends on your next decision.'

America must respond to this.

5. Blacktiger2005

You are probably right. Americans did the same when the Nazis movement gained power and paid for it in a European war by ignoring the threat. Americans do not learn from history. To wake up we may see dozens of 911's coming. As one threat that ISIS is making they could infect this country with Ebola laden terrorists who are willing to die. Wake up people.

6. Blacktiger2005

Total war may be the response to these bastards only if we have a President willing to do so. Unfortunately, pin pricks is what we will do instead. The dangerous thugs of this world do not fear us anymore. We are in grave danger.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

A lot of westerners have joined ISIS. Even some Americans and Brits have joined. These people may be(and probably are)operating in this country and other countries ready to carry out a deadly plan of attack. I think the boots will soon be on the ground in Iraq in addition to air strikes.

8. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

R.I.P. He's not the first and won't be the last.

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

As long as these nihilistic doomsday warrior psychopaths are in the ascendancy in the region, I don't think anyone should go over there. Sadly, the people have no choices - either religious fanatics or fascist military dictatorship. And with our and the Russians' self-interested foreign policy, there is no alternative over there that can win hearts and minds. No one should have to die like that. R.I.P.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I was totally impressed by Obama's clear-cut response speech to the beheading of our American journalist. It was brilliantly worded!

But then right after, he went golfing with Alonzo Mourning of the Miami Heat. WTF?? :confused:
    Britan's Prime Minister gave a similar response, and immediately cut his vacation and came straight back for emergency meetings.

Twitterverse today vented on this absurdity by our President. How could he do that?

obama-goes-golfing-right-after-speech-about-beheading-first-mulligan-will-be-dedicated-to-memory-of-foley

11. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I haven't been paying close attention to this, but wow. WTF is going on with Obama? How can he go BACK on vacation?

And that link in this article to one where they speculate (yes, I understand it's only speculation and not fact) that one of the guys involved could be a Guantanamo Bay prisoner that was released under Obama is not good news for Obama if it turns out to be true. Which again, I'm not stating that it is true.

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/2FWYE068Niw[/YOUTUBE]

13. ArmyRanger

ArmyRanger Member

Being in the position he is in, he probably hears and sees this stuff more than any of us could imagine. If you don't have some kind of positive outlet, evil such as this can start to get into your head. You can even begin to have nightmares or "demons" in your head.

Beheading a person while they are still alive with just a small knife is as cruel as you can get. That is a slow, painful death. You best believe James Foley's death is going to be avenged, quickly.

You don't kill Americans like that and expect the American government to just blow that off. If you allow just one person to get away with that, there will be many who will come later. You MUST let it be known you will not tolerate treating American citizens like that, period.

You enact your revenge in such a way to where if anyone else even dreams of doing something like that, they would wake up shivering in fear.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I respect and voted for Obama particularly because of his foreign policy strategy, "Don't do stupid shit."

His discipline in refusing to engage U.S. troops on the ground abroad was absolutely needed when he came into office.

But it's not a long term foreign policy. Sometimes shit happens and you have to adjust your focus.

If we don't stabilize Iraq some radical Islamic faction(s) is going to do it for us.

We really don't need another Taliban, but this time in Iraq, controlling their oil.

ISIS is as weak as they're going to be right now.

I know they're baiting us into a fight, but if the nutjob in the bar is daring you to hit him, sometimes you gotta KNOCK HIM OUT.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I am sure that everyone recalls the scene in the film Clear And Present Danger where Jack Ryan(played by Harrison Ford) meets with the President(played by Donald Moffatt) and the President mentioning to Jack Ryan why it is imperative not to make important decision when you are upset. Jack Ryan pointed out(angrily) that he did make an important decision when he was angry and many people involved and not involved paid a heavy price because of that decision. Being the leader of the free world is not easy. It is a stressful occupation. If I were in Obama's shoes, I have to keep cool at all times, consult with advisors and pray that the decisions I make are the right ones.

16. andreboba

I still think it's a bad idea to wipe our hands of Iraq and whatever happens, happens.

17. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I agree. Sometimes you need to "strike while the iron is hot" and in this case, I think it would be more than justified.

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

the questions should be:

boots on the ground? how many and how long?

do we rebuild it again?

do WE put in another govt or let them choose?

19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I don't. Name one positive being in Iraq is doing for the American people

20. andreboba

I don't care if another military dictator leads Iraq.

But I don't want to see Iraq become a radical fundamentalist state run by ISIS. In which case we'd be back fighting in the region again sooner than later.