ISIS Beheads Journalist

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Blacktiger2005, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Saddam Hussein was a feared leader in Iraq because he didn't want any radical groups running around in the cities, yet, these radicals operated outside the cities. He had the radicals on check. Hussein and Osama Bin Laden didn't like each other because Bin Laden thought Hussein was a loser and Hussein thought Bin Laden was just crazy.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The US, because of the control oil industrialists have over our political process are wading into yet another hellhole of religious fanatics, lunatics and instability. Meanwhile, we let the fossil fuel hustlers manipulate our state and federal legislative processes to prevent the development and deployment of alternatives.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

+100.

This could be a ten page post.

4. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

It looks like ISIS got themselves a white chick and demanding $6 million for her.

Them cats done fucked up, America don't care for black men...........but it's War when you mess with White Chicks.

Let's see how this plays out.............

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

A white woman held hostage by any terrorist group, is considered profitable. They know that this country and the entire world would do everything for a white woman. For black people, they either leave alone or kill because they believe a black person is not profitable. And it is also a taunt to let the white world know that their women, if they are in that part of the world, are not safe.

6. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

This is getting interesting. It has just hit the wire that a young black male named Douglas MacArthur McCain (you cannot make this shit up) from Southern California was killed in Syria fighting for ISIS. Time will tell we are going to find many more Americans fighting for ISIS. A white American woman was just detained in this country of trying to leave the country to go fight for ISIS along with a white male. This is going to be the shit that will hit the fan when ISIS can plant their operatives in this country if it has not already occurred. Close the damned borders and tighten up immigration and access into this country. The dumb Americans in his country will not know what will hit them in the ass when these people hit this country. I say kill every ISIS lover and the enemy. Mr. President hit those MF's with everything we have in the inventory. Bomb the shit out of them 24 hours a day for two months at 200 missions per day. Kill the leadership and their American lovers. Total war Mr. President. Be a man. Get some balls. Where are the real men in civilian leadership when you need them.

7. FRESH

FRESH New Member

I agree, bomb the shit out of them, I don't want to be on the ground with them. We haven't even finished serious business in other countries obviously.

8. Hydroxide

Hydroxide Restricted

Abrahamic religions tend to make violent extremists out of people, I wish people would abandon them sooner and make an effort to revive ancient pagan faiths or make brand new forms of spirituality.

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what got us into this situation in the first place. Our "real men" in leadership acted on emotion, didn't think things through and just went in wrecking shit. Now, what was once a stable region of the Middle East is destableized and actually poses more of threat than it did before we went into Iraq.

I'd rather we look at all of our options and take very well thought out, but effective steps to eliminate the threat. You can't win against an opponent like ISIS (ISIL) with air power alone. That's not how it works. From everything I've been reading and watching, we will have to put boots on the ground. And, that's not something the American people are ready to do.

But, if and when it comes to that, I assume you and all those who want drop bombs indescrimentaly will man up, get some balls and sign up to go over there and fight that total war, right? And, for those who are too old to fight, I'm sure you'll make it a point to talk their sons and daughters into enlisting for combat on the front lines.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Then righties like you would start crying about due process for the American traitors and jihadists who fight for ISIS just like you did for the American drone-strike victims like al-Maliki and his teenage son. "Boohoo, the Nobel Peace Prize president with a kill list."

11. andreboba

You know this.

The first time a U.S. drone kills an ISIL fighter with U.S. citizenship, the Right will cry themselves a river about Obama murdering AMERICAN citizens without a trial.:smt088

Bombs alone won't wipe out ISIL.

They didn't during WW2 or Vietnam.

To root out the enemy you need troops on the ground. THat my friends is a 3rd war in Iraq and I don't think Obama is ready for that.

The problem is if he tries to play stall ball until the next POTUS enters office, ISIL could take over most of Iraq and half of Syria.

There is some real historic shit going on right now in the ME and dwarfs anything that happened in the last Iraq war.

12. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

There's more to ISIS than what is being reported.

They are not all raging militants foaming in the mouth screaming Jihad.

They got mofos that are highly educated, with political backgrounds in their group.

They have engineers, medical people and military experts in their group.

13. RicardoCooper

Nuke Iraq.

Problem solved

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

You're right that they do have educated people in their ranks. Nevertheless I have to question their basic sanity if they believe that murdering people simply for thinking differently is an acceptable behavior, regardless of which fictional being they adhere to.

15. andreboba

Talking about unintended consequences....I've heard and read many of ISIL's leadership are Sunnis who were collectively kicked out of the Iraqi military after we defeated Saddam.

Apparently they form the core leadership of ISIS/ISIL and explain why this islamic terrorist organization has such a high level of military organization and strategy.

So, we armed the jihadists to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan and they became the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

We invade Iraq looking for non-existent WMDs, dismantle the Iraqi army and their disaffected Sunni soldiers and officers form ISIS.

Crazy.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The fighting in the Middle East will continue until either Big Oil pitches their tents and leaves, or the leaders in the region come to an agreement to live in peace. This will go on and on. The US military can only do so much there. And I am sure that the citizens want us out so that they can live in peace. This is the problem that is passed on from one administration to the next. Millions of stories are told by the death and the destruction either caused by the US, EU allies, rogue governments and radicals. We see it on television and online everyday. Obama is aware of all of this. He is ready to deal with this. But he needs to look at the intelligence reports, and reports from John Kerry. He cannot run roughshod in the Middle East. WW3 can be avoided if the world uses time wisely. I don't think, in this day and age, that world leaders want that anymore than we do. I know Vladimir Putin doesn't want that and Russia has a nuclear defense system in place and the rest of the world does not. Just enough nuclear weapons to destroy the planet a hundred times over. One has to tread carefully in this instance. It doesn't mean that such action is an act of indecision or cowardice. As it was stated in Sun Tzu's The Art Of War, " All warfare is deception."
    This statement, I think says that the waging of a war is not as simple as it looks or sounds. In a war, there is nothing but chaos and blood. All reason is tossed out the window and the main objective is to live to fight another day, and another, and another...

It is going to take the entire world to settle the problems of the Middle East. But the peoples of the Middle East have to make a decision as to that region's future. Do they want to live in peace with their neighbors, or continue on fighting a war without end?

17. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

And another journalist is beheaded....

It will be interesting to see what kind of response the US and other countries will have in the wake of a 2nd innocent journalist beheaded in less than a month.

18. RicardoCooper

And whatever Obama decides to do, you'll hate it :smt042

19. satyr

satyr New Member

The beheading of American journalists is important in how it affects the press, not U.S. foreign policy. Our formal line is that we do not negotiate with terrorists, something that shouldn't change because ISIS wants to start cutting off American heads.

Thousands of more Iraqi civilians who've refused to convert to ISIS's brand of Islam have been slaughtered and that should be our primary concern. We can end ISIS anytime we want, the problem is not knowing what might follow in the wake of their demise.

Iraq and Syria have shown themselves to be impotent against the uprising of radical militants within their borders. This needs to stop possibly by having these failed states militarily re-establish control within their borders, funding opposition forces (e.g. Kurdish Peshmerga), adding more U.S. boots to the ground, or a combination strategy. For the record, I'm against adding boots but am also not a military strategist.

Obama has his hands full with this and the Kremlin's fuckery in Ukraine going at the same time.

20. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Agreed, but it's a symptom of a much bigger disease. It won't end with journalists. Journalists are just over there trying to "get the story" and are "easy pickings" at the moment. But it doesn't mean it stays in Iraq and Syria and it doesn't mean they won't continue getting money from other stupid governments who are paying ransoms so they can buy military grade weaponry to do even more damage and inflict more carnage.

The disease is spreading and it needs to be shut down by whatever means necessary, IMHO.