christianity the official national religion?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by goodlove, Feb 27, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

It's not a theocracy and it shall not be the case.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm equally opposed to both. Too many people already think they know whats best for everyone else and would like nothing more than to tell you how to live and what to believe. It's best not to give them permission.

5. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Church and state should stay separated and thus, there should be no official national religion imo

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I second, third, and fourth all of these. A national religion is the last thing this country needs.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

8. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

The last thing we need is an official religion, which inevitably will only represent a certain percentage of the population.

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

That may be what those republicans want, but it won't and shouldn't happen. Church & State should remain separate, and they need to respect people's right to religious freedom and stop trying to impose their own beliefs on those who don't share them. It's not the governments place to decide on what religion people should or shouldn't follow. As long as people are following the laws of the land, not infringing on the rights of others, and not acting against society's peace and order and safety, their religion of choice is nobody's business. The separation of church and state was established for good reason, and they need to respect that and leave it the hell alone.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

whats funny ...they scream the prex is shredding the constitution but...

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Christianity as the A-#1 religion in this country is folly. That is a thumb up the nose to those in the Jewish faith but these republicans who want it to be so envision a country with one religion and one party rule as the proponents for law and order. I once worked with a guy who said in no uncertain terms, "This country needs an Adolph Hitler."
    He was a guy who was fascinated with the Civil War(he admired the Confederates) and the German military in WW2 and the Nazis.

He even had a .22 caliber pistol in his car.

His views were disturbing and extreme. But I got along with him and he was cool with me until he was either transferred or fired from the job.

If this country isn't careful, the U.S.A. will become everything we have been running from and fighting against; we are becoming our own worst enemy.

And religion is the first place to start.

12. Hydroxide

Hydroxide Restricted

No, religion and state should be separated.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:smt043 seriously is someone neg repping this guy every time he comes up on parole

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

One of his last posts here makes me wonder if he reads the same stuff the rest of us do. Don't know what he did this time.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Did his rep bar go green & instantly go back red or something? His rep bar has been red since Webbie said the posters here put him into restriction status. Unless some drama loving lame or lames are giving him rep points it should stay in the red/restricted.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Some drama loving lame or lames must have gave him some pos rep cuz his bar is now green. :rolleyes:

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Credibility of the clientele for this forum just went to shit with that

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Nothing new. It's happen before with at least two known & proven trolls before they were officially kicked off for good. I remember Orejon saying he got suckered by that Nico dude with some sob story for rep to get him out of the red when he got red repped the same way and Saintaugusta did the same for some troll who was sucking up to her when he was wildin out in here for awhile.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Damn I haven't heard nico's name in a minute