The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[HDYT]fgzPeVe5P0Q[/HDYT]

[HDYT]IxXuOpk2f54[/HDYT]

[HDYT]mmINMVQNCw8[/HDYT]

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The difference between "harassment" and flirtation in a nutshell

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

That was well thought-out, but the biggest pain in the ass....is Metal Gear Timeline not showing up now despite promising to come this summer.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It's all subjective depending on if they like the stalking or not.

5. Morning Star

This took much longer to upload than expected. But, here it is...the anticipated fight between two rival kaijus.

Next fight: Captain America vs. Batman

[YOUTUBE]iMOl-amah8w[/YOUTUBE]​

6. Morning Star

Rock to be either Shazam/Captain Marvel or Black Adam

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dwayne-rock-johnson-says-play-184400030.html

Here's a small excerpt from the article...

As both Disney and Warner Bros.’ studios continue to expand their respective DC and Marvel cinematic universes, the race is on for each side to stake claim in big recognizable actors to carry future franchises.

“Fast and Furious” franchise star Vin Diesel has already signed onto team Marvel, first with a role in “Guardians of the Galaxy” and more recently hinting at a larger role still to come.

His co-star, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, has been in talks with DC Comics for some time to work on a film, and it sounds like we’ll finally learn which superhero he will play.

The Associated Press reports Johnson is up for the roles of superhero Shazam and anti-hero Black Adam.

According to AP, it sounds like Johnson has the final say in who he gets to play.

“[He] has yet to decide between superhero Shazam and his arch-nemesis Black Adam.”

The Rock has previously told fans Black Adam is one of his favorite superheroes.

Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Black Adam are my fav superheroes, but GL's already been made and stamped. #RockTalk @CFitzyy

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) March 25, 2014
    If you’re not familiar with the characters, here’s a quick rundown on the duo.

I can see him pull off both characters, but if we had to go with one or the other, he'd definitely look more reminiscent of Black Adam. Sure, Johnson has the humor and goofy wit on his side to be Shazam, but Shazam would have to someone in a younger age and still have the build similar to the Rock. But hey, it's a smart move on Warner Bros. and DC's part to put him in there. I think, in order to maintain consistency with the overall darker tone of the DC Movieverse, it would be wiser to have him as the villain and expand his chops as a very formidable villain.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This. He's played enough good guys already. Time to go over to the other side. If he does decide to play Black Adam, hopefully they keep the darker tone of the more modern take of the character to contrast a purer & literal child at heart Captain Marvel/Shazam.

8. Morning Star

Yes, and I think a modernized storytelling of Billy Batson being a foster child would serve as a great catalyst for one of the many themes that the writers could push regarding hope in a darkened time.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Johnson said he wants to play Black Adam because he like to play anti-hero roles(like he was when he was a professional wrestler). If he played Captain Marvel, who would play Billy Batson? Would they use the technique in Captain America where they used a kid to play the skinny and frail Steve Rogers and paste Johnson's face over? Or get a kid who has similar facial features?

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had been curious of the match up between Godzilla and Gamera. Both are unique in all that they do. Both were made by rival Japanese film companies(Gamera was made by Daiei and Godzilla Toho). It would have been interesting if it was a three-way fight with Gamera, Godzilla and Guilalla(from the Shochiku company that released The X From Outer Space).

There will be another Godzilla film to be released in 2018 and it will include Mothra, Rodan(or Radon as he is named in Japan) and King Ghidorah.
    Gareth Edwards will direct this film. I hope Ken Watanabe is in this one and I hope he is not killed off.

11. Morning Star

With Billy Batson being a kid and all, they would either have to hire a separate person altogether to play the role, just to maintain consistency, or they would probably find some way to keep Shazam on the whole time so they won't have to pay too much money for two actors playing essentially one person. I'm going to go with the former since it would make sense to have two characters - one being the kid and the other being the adult. Who would play Batson? That will be difficult. It'd be interesting if they've picked up an unknown, but it would mean they would get small face time.

These Death Battles have been pretty good from my experience. Though, I may have some disagreements with a few of the outcomes, their explanations are fair and perfectly accurate and researched. I have yet seen this new Godzilla movie, but I'll wait until it hits DVD or cable or something....

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I agree with the casting of a kid between the ages of 12-17. He should probably be an unknown. Maybe, if Billy Batson/Captain Marvel make an appearance in the Batman Vs. Superman film that is up coming, they would include a scene in which Superman mentors Billy Batson. He did in one Superman comic collection because Billy was orphaned and living alone in a hovel of a small room. And while Superman didn't like the fact that Billy was given magical powers to transform into Captain Marvel, he then decided to be there for Billy and try to help him understand the path that he has taken. Maybe that scene could be added in the film if Captain Marvel is included.

I'd like to buy Godzilla on DVD or Blu-Ray. If you do see the film, Watch closely. You might see a few references. I found a couple of them(some not even related to Godzilla). I'd like to see the death match between Batman and Captain America and the posters' analysis. It would be interesting.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  13. Morning Star

Yeah, that was actually [somewhat] demonstrated in the DC Showcase short with Captain Marvel/Shazam and Superman fighting Black Adam. It's really good to check out. They still make some compelling animated shows and movies. As for the Dawn of Justice movie, he won't appear, but Shazam will probably get a visit from someone other than the one who gave him his powers.

As for the Captain America/Batman bit....this will happen soon, but when, is unknown. They've already done a Spider-Man vs. Batman fight and Spider-Man was determined to be the victor in that fight. But the Bat-fans tend to underestimate the Marvel characters, thus the continued bantering. However, the only other fight that actually has people pissing and moaning about the victor is the Goku vs. Superman fight. Again, you have people underestimating one character based on limited information and the other, whom they strongly overlook the flaws.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Batman vs. Spider-Man. Well, based on the tale of the tape, Spider-Man has several advantages over Batman:

1. Both have agility. So that makes that element even.
    2. Spider-Man is stronger than Batman.
    3. Spider-Man can sense Batman's attacks(even though Batman is a ninja). Batman would use stealth and stalking abilities. He would even see him if he used the darkness.
    4. Batman and Spider-Man are both very resilient in battle. They won't give up.
    5. Batman's gadgetry would confuse Spider-Man and could counter Spidey's web fluid.
    6. It would be more a battle of minds than of their bodies. Both are pretty smart.
    7. Noone would die because they do not kill. But Spidey would defeat Batman.

Winner: Spider-Man.

Batman vs. Captain America. A ninja vs. an enhanced human.

In terms of agility, I think it is a tie between Batman and Captain America.

Strength- Captain America wins because Batman cannot lift a tank(but I may be wrong).

Weaponry- The Captain's shield would protect him from any attack from Batman, but Batman has not heard of Vibranium and by the time he does find out, it is too late. But, Batman could figure it out.

Captain America is knowledgeable of many tactics from many years of combat. Much more than Batman's seven years of training. But both men are very resilient in battle.

Batman has the advantage in stealth.

I think that it will be a difficult call based on what I know about Batman and Captain America.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  15. Morning Star

Well, the outcome stated here...you're correct.

[YOUTUBE]e8K1m6SCRz4[/YOUTUBE]

16. Tamstrong

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Great night of television so far: Ray Donovan, Falling Skies and now The Last Ship. Next up: back to back episodes of The Strain.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Donald Glover Cast As Disney's Animated Version of Miles Morales/Ultimate Spider-Man

[​IMG]

Story from Comic Book Resources.com.

Donald Glover, the "Community" veteran who inspired Brian Michael Bendis in 2011 to introduce Miles Morales as the new Spider-Man of Marvel's Ultimate Universe, is finally getting his chance to play the superhero.

USA Today reports the actor will voice the character next year in an episode of Disney XD's animated "Ultimate Spider-Man," which in its upcoming third season carries the subtitle "Web Warriors." In the "Spider-Verse" story arc, a dimension-hopping Peter Parker (voiced by Drake Bell) tries to prevent the Green Goblin from collecting the DNA of Spider-Men from parallel universes, including Iron Spider, Spider-Man 2099, the Amazing Spider-Girl and Miles Morales.

Their meeting holds special significance for Miles, because in his universe, Peter Parker is dead.

"He meets someone who is his hero, and that comes across completely in Donald's performance," Stephen Wacker, Marvel Television's vice president of current animation, tells the newspaper. "He's got a real warmth that suits the character really, really well. If you've read Miles Morales comics, Donald's voice nails what you've been reading."

Glover's childhood love of the wall-crawler became public in 2010, after entertainment journalist and comics writer Marc Bernardin penned an editorial asking why the Spider-Man of Sony's rebooted franchise had to be played by a white actor. Glover picked up the baton, spearheading a social-media campaign to secure an audition for the role that eventually went to Andrew Garfield. However, Glover's efforts inadvertently ignited a disturbing Internet firestorm that "Community" creator Dan Harmon later characterized as a “curious eruption of a previously unknown demographic of racist comic-book readers.”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But there was a silver lining, as Harmon gave a nod to Glover's campaign in the opening sequence of "Community's" Season 2 premiere, in which his character Troy is shown wearing Spider-Man pajamas. That brief appearance, in turn, inspired Bendis. "He looked fantastic!" the writer said in 2011. “I saw him in the costume and thought, ‘I would like to read that book.’ So I was glad I was writing that book.”

Glover told USA Today that portraying the 13-year-old Miles didn't require that much of a stretch. "That's the great part about the Spider-Man costume: He can be anybody," he said. "Spider-Man could be a girl. Spider-Man could be an old man. You don't know. So I just tried to be as me as possible, because you're always just going to bring it back to yourself when you watch the show."

"Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors" premieres Sunday at 9 a.m. ET/PT on Disney XD.

19. Tamstrong

20. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of donald glover but w/e as long as miles stays alive. His story along with doc oc being spiderman were very interesting.