Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

More proof that it always pays to wait, because it takes awhile for the full, true story to come out.

People need to learn to reserve judgment until all of the facts and lies can be sorted out correctly and reported without bias.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Here's my problem with this evidence. It took over a week for this shit to surface? That sounds fishy to me but if this in fact true it still doesn't absolve the police from the treatment of the citizens and the press after this happened. If everything thing was justified we should have had this information in days not weeks.

3. Raudi

Raudi Member

[YOUTUBE]/maA1FUJqhew[/YOUTUBE]

4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

A woman I went to high school with is a police officer IRL and she posted a link to this blog that I think is really well-written and makes you think, and she wrote this in her status:

I've been reading all the posts recently about yet another racially fueled incident. I've obviously seen how the media distorts my job firsthand and how every bad guy that was ever killed by the police in the commission of a crime was going to be an entrepreneur. Unfortunately, I've also seen firsthand how good cops become bad ones. That being said, the media has become our worst enemy and it would behoove all of us to wait for the facts. So, until that happens, the world has some pretty big issues going on that aren't receiving near the coverage that this case has.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/08/18/dont-know-happened-michael-brown-stop-pretending/

5. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

On this board, as well as in life in general., you'll find that the same individuals take the same side to each issue. It's too the point where these conversations (debates?) are not productive at all in that we are all unwavering in our beliefs and biases.

What's the point anymore? Are we hoping to change each others minds?? I can assure you., that ain't happening any time ever.

6. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I know your opinion, I know TDK's opinion, I know goodloves opinion, etc., etc., we've danced this dance so many times now, we all pretty much know exactly what each forum member is going to say when a new topic goes up.

Not saying that it's good or bad, it is what it is... carry on.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yep. we definitely know who takes great glee when a black kid gets murdered. ie trayvon.

he didnt get it until george started attacking women like he did before tray.

hes doing the same here. he had nothing to say when cops were beating the breaks off the woman in cali.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yep......u know what im gonna say....if u surrender your ass stop shooting.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

.....or that some people basically rehash the same topics over & over again just to continually beat everyone over the head with the same tired opinions as if no one has heard them the first six million times they were stated prior.....

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol.
    listen conservative radio today and the host said dont rush to judgement but the next breath he saying mb turned around after running rushed the cop. lol

that info came from a woman of the gf of the cop. wow.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

dont complain.....if you dont participate in threads that is noncombative but mentally stimulating or just fun then u are part of the problem

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Who's complaining....pointing out a fact. Dudes stay up in here constantly thumping their chest about "expressing opinions" on the same shit like it's Groundhogs Day or some on a loop shit .....

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

maybe complain was the wrong word to use but lets be honest.......look at the threads i described and how much traffic and responses are there versus the crazy ones.

so ........

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Acknowledging and discussing racism is not racist.

Denying racism exists IS racist.

You love to argue about moral equivalence, both sides are equally bad, when many times there is none.

Ask yourself Paniro why Ferguson is now predominantly a Black community when a couple decades ago it was mostly White??

Why do White people tend to flee a neighborhood when 'too many' Black folk move in??

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's The Internet. Domain of whack jobs & extremists. Everyone with some common sense & the genuine desire to interact with other people on this site basically does just that, interact with others like they have some home training. Then you have everyone else here for all kinds of WTF type shit operating under their own rules acting as if everyone else is fucked up & they are the only rational mofo on the planet.

16. The Dark King

The more important question is why in a country where whites outnumber blacks nearly 4 to 1 are we being killed by police at nearly three times the rate.
    Guess we are innately bad and need to be put down like dogs. Hell they have more compassion for dogs. So I guess bugs would be a better comparison.

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Point taken. You're right. The left, right and center of the forum are pretty well staked out. Perhaps we could take more visceral conversations off-forum, i.e. Skype? I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but there is a point where this gets counter-productive.

18. The Dark King

I am always up for a good Skype chat

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

so....that girl monae davis is great to watch...she has been killing it huh?

what do you guys think?

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

A lot of us just enjoy a spirited back and forth. That, in and of itself, can be productive for those who like verbal combat. Also, just throwing in the towel because one side refuses to be swayed, no matter how much factual evidence is presented, is how the left gets shouted down. Often, we give up and go home because it seems futile in the face of those who stick to their beliefs and ignore logic, reason and or truth.