Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes there are things we have going on in our lives or in the lives of those we love, when we would appreciate any prayers on our/their behalf. For those of us who believe in the positive power of prayer, I thought it would be good to have a place where we make our requests, thoughts & well wishes known & to provide any updates to those requests & situations.

For those who don't belief in or practice prayer, I'd appreciate it if you would not use this thread to argue its lack of validity or to diss those who do believe & practice it.

My prayers & thoughts are with GG & IB & their families...they've both had a lot going on lately.

2. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

all my love, positive thoughts and wishes go out to them both as well

3. z

z Well-Known Member

Agreed, both are cool. Will keep them in my prayers and will ask if I see my lady friends who are part of prayer troops to keep these 2 ladies in mind.

4. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

You got it Tam, always want to see the best for others in life.

Nothing but good thoughts for GG and IB.

5. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

I don't even know what to say everyone. Thank you so much for thinking of me. About the time that Tam was posting this, I had just finished crying on one of my friend's shoulders. I guess the prayer signal went out to, Tam. ;) I don't cry a lot, but there are days when being the strong positive one for my parents gets to be too much. Fortunately, I have been able to keep from crying in front of them, and I hope to keep it that way.

Dad is half-way through his scheduled chemo treatments. At the end of March, we will know if he needs to do more or if he can just do maintenance doses for a while. He had a PET scan in December that shows some concern for the doctors, but it's too early to know what the results really mean. Hopefully, the chemo will take care of what they saw. He's extremely weak right now, and I'm just hoping that he can survive the treatments. His doctors refer to him as a medical miracle, and I'm hoping that the miracle can continue on.

I'm on here most days, but I've just been keeping quiet. I have a lot of things on my mind and coming here is a good break for that. Some days, I get comedy relief and other days, I get pissed off. That's the thing about this board. You never know what may show up. :p

Thank you all again. It means more to me than you all will ever know. :smt058

6. Nico

Nico Banned

Never been a fan of praying, usually does no good. Just ask Jesus...

7. Tamstrong

We've all been thinking a lot about you, GG & wondering how everyone was doing. I know how tough it can be when you have to be strong for your family. My dad has been ill for 7 years now, & it's been tough.

We love you & we're more than happy to be here for you. :smt056

8. Tamstrong

I'd appreciate it if you'd respect the thread as I nicely & specifically asked for folks to do (see the quote above). This isn't the place for criticism or disrespect. Thank you.

9. GirlieGirl74

Tam, I'm so sorry. I didn't know that about your dad. I will definitely add you and the family to my prayer list. Some days, I know that is all that keeps me going. Hugs and kisses to you. Love ya. :smt056 :smt058

10. GirlieGirl74

Amen.

11. z

z Well-Known Member

I do every day Bitch, despite a lot of motherfugging racist whites wanting & plotting my failure, despite jelaous Asians, rude hispanics and backstabbing blks I am still STANDING coz of JESUS. In fact, I got a fucken letter not too long ago listing my degenerate ass as one of the few employees of the year, I am not even going to that fucken award, take that and park it in your Atheist Garage.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  12. Tamstrong

Thank you, GG. I appreciate that...prayer is definitely what keeps me sane (or at least close to it). Hugs, kisses & love to you, too. :smt052

13. Tamstrong

I'd also like send my love, thoughts & prayers to Russia & her friend's family for their recent loss.

14. Tamstrong

I'd like to request prayers on behalf of a friend of mine & his family who found out that he has pancreatic & liver cancer. Of course the prognosis is not good.

15. z

z Well-Known Member

Done. Yeah that stuff is real bad but I have seen someone who beat it, apparently she had it 17 years ago and still alive and well. It is rare but I guess that is the nature of God's miracle.

16. Tamstrong

Thanks, Unchosen; I appreciate you. I hope something can be done for him. He's supposed to start chemo soon. His attitude is positive which is a huge blessing. He's an awesome guy & his faith is super strong, so his outlook is good.

17. wtarshi

i'm so sorry to hear such bad news from you both. much love and positivity going out to you in such hard and horrible times. :smt058

18. Tamstrong

Thank you, Tarshi...love you, too. :smt058

19. wtarshi

could we all put in our prayers, positive thoughts and love to mama, her children, family and friends. we haven't heard from her since this post and i'm beginning to worry about her...!!!

20. Tamstrong

Lots of prayers, thoughts & love to Mama & her family, friends & neighbors...I hope & pray everything is okay.