Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

3. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I've finally hit that point where I need to work out every day for my own enjoyment and harder to get anything out if it.

Monday I have circuit training as well as a morning run
    Tuesday is a morning run, weights at the gym and netball in the evening
    Wednesday mix of weights at 6.30am then circuit in the evening
    Thursday is boxing. Speedball killed me this morning lol
    Friday is a morning run then group training at gym
    Saturday back at the gym
    Sunday is rest

The above coupled with my 5-6 hours a day cleaning homes has me fitter than I've ever been in my life.

Why did I wait so long?

4. The Dark King

Please share this

5. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

This is what I asked myself for the longest time! Once you get "there" it's crazy to think about why it took so long! So happy you're doing so well mama!

6. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Proud of you, Tarshi! Keep working hard!

7. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Where?

Thanks, beautiful ladies :freehug:

8. The Dark King

The fitness group
    We love progress you know that

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Working on my handstands, handstand pushup, flag and planche. Calisthenics added on fridays. So much fun!

10. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Most awesome!

11. RaiderLL

Finally lost the 10 pounds I've been whining about for the last few months...plus an extra 5 just because I was on a roll lol. Crazy what a little focus and determination can do for you! I continue with my running, but added in squats and stairs. Nothing too dramatic but the additional exercise as well as focusing a bit more on my diet kicked my butt back into gear. I have a hard time getting in enough (any) protein so I took up protein shakes. After buying and trying 3-4 different kinds, I found one that tastes decent with just 100 calories, 2.5 g of fat and 17 g of protein. I don't eat a lot and what I do eat isn't always all that great (bread and veggies is pretty much it lol), so these shakes saved the day. I lost the weight but maintained my muscle which was the ultimate goal. To maintain this weight I'm thinking about just sticking with my running and adding weights. I'm kind of over the squats lol. I also want to test cutting out the shakes...they're expensive as hell! If my muscles start feeling weak again I'll add the shakes back in, but I'm hoping I can maintain my weight/muscle without the added protein from the shakes. We'll see!

12. The Dark King

Congrats i respect the work kid. Pics please :)

13. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Props.

14. RaiderLL

Thank you gentlemen! TDK...I'll see what I can do ;)

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

That is fantastic raider! Awesome job!!!!

I started counting my macros again about 2 wells ago and ahead see results leaning out. My goal is not to lose weight but i am trying leangains, slower, but that works well for me so far. I am surprised by how much difference I see in only two weeks
    I do 90g of protein, 130g of carbs and 45 g of fat. You may want to check into macros for you to build muscle etc. Is difference for weight, goal, age etc. But it's really helpful. I bought a balance on amazon that calculates that for me and it's harder to get enough protein if not checking it. If you know someone that can calculate it for you, try it. There is also decent calculators ol. There is also better shakes that give you more protein. I have one with no dairy, no gluten and 30g of protein: forza pro peanut butter and banana. Taste awesome.I add brewers yeast that adds another 16 grams of protein and is nothing but different b vitamins. How is your pushups going?

16. RaiderLL

90g of protein?? Holy crap, I'm lucky if I hit 20-25g and if I do it's solely because of the shake! I try to eat peanut butter for a little (very little!) extra protein (I use the powdered pb that you reconstitute with water, and eat it with celery and stuff). Your no dairy, 30g protein shake sounds awesome, but how much fat/carbs? I'm weird about fat lol.

My push ups are nearly non existent. I did them for a minute but I let that part of my regime fizzle out. Even just thinking about them makes me take a deep sigh. I know I need to improve my upper body strength, but I'm sooo much better at lower body. I'll start with push ups again tomorrow.

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

90 g of protein is really not that much, I think you get more protein than you think and you may not need that much. My protein shake contains 3g of fat and 2g of carbs but remember that fat is not your enemy, you'll need it. It's the bad carbs that is the enemy. Forza pro is expensive but it will last you a very long time. Brewers yeast from amazon (Swanson) is very affordable and the cool add is that these b vitaims are great for skin, hair and nails, and metabolism.

Did you try the pushups on your knees? That way, it doesn't feel so overwhelming. Once you master them, you can move to the regular ones. You can also do them with your arm on an elevated surface to make it easier. You'll be surprised how fast you will progress if you keep at it. Do you do planks? Excellent excersize for core.

18. RaiderLL

You're so stinkin awesome :) I know good fat isn't the enemy but my brain is hard wired to try to avoid fat in general, when possible. Its a mental thing :rolleyes: I'll check out your protein shake, thanks for the tip!

I can do the arm elevated push ups like a champ lol, it's the other ones that give me trouble :) I'll start on my knees and work my way up. I'm sure with time it'll become second nature, its just a matter of putting in the effort to build up those muscles! In addition I'll definitely start planks! After losing those last few pounds, I notice it most in my tummy but planks will still help me tighten and tone. Never a bad thing!

I love your ideas and suggestions. I get so stuck in my exercise routine and often times fail to think outside the box! Its easy for me to get sucked into complacency as long as my weight is maintained, but strengthening is something I want to focus more on now. Your help is much appreciated chica

19. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Awww! Thank you ms awesomeness your self:). Actually, all that 'research' about how far and especially animal fat was bad for you many decades ago, turned up to be really poor and premeditated and is recently struck as invalid. There are even doctors and researchers that apologize for poor diet advice. Now the be all publish and heart wishes are going to have to do a lot of deprogramming. Lol.

Keep it going!!! Plan is a rebate so now. Man, we are so Cali!.. Awesome is our word, duuuuudee. Lol

BTW, I got the Forza Pro at Nutrishop. Never go to a GNC.nlol.

20. lightbrotha4u

lightbrotha4u Member

taking in more calories than you burn off is the real enemy. Fats and carbs have thier place.