Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Don't know about a link, but they're on torrent sites like Kickass, Piratebay, etc.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Oh Shit! I just realised what direction they are going with Sansa in the show!!

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yep. It's got me looking forward to seeing how that shit will turn out.

I'll be glad when I'm back into the groove of the show. At this point the show and the last book are a bit mixed up in my head, and I keep confusing myself about things that haven't happened on the show yet. I've got a bit of deja vu going on over here. lol :rolleyes:

4. Tamstrong

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Clearly they had to do some deviation from the novels, especially where the youngers characters are concerned due to the actors visibly aging each season, hence the acceleration of Bran's storyline. Makes sense to use Sansa to play out that particular plot scenario and expand her storyline rather than going the route in the novel.

A Feast for Crows fucked up the flow of things since the whole novel only focused on the goings on in King's Landing and then the long wait for A Dance With Dragons only made it worse. Funny watching the show and remembering that the events of A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons are suppose to be happening at the same time.

6. Tamstrong

I do agree that some of the changes have been made for good reasons, because trying to follow along with the books entirely wouldn't be exactly practical. Although creepy, it is an interesting direction they're taking Sansa.

Yeah, it's been something of a jumbled up mess when trying to keep the books and the show straight. Sometimes the time that's passed makes memories fuzzy as to what one has seen or read. There were a few moments while watching where I was thinking 'didn't that already happen?', so it took a minute to get back on track. A Dance With Dragons and not season four is where my head was at when season 5 started. I'm more than ready to see what the show does regarding the scenario/characters at the end of the book.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Can't believe no one mentioned the rape controversy

Viewers are/were actually leaving over it supposedly..but like everyone else, they probably came back because of their addiction

9. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

I hated the rape scene (and didn't like the way the show executed that part of the storyline), but I wasn't surprised by it. Although Sansa wasn't the one married off to psycho Ramsey in the books, I knew from the books that the person stuck with him would be in for an abundance of abuse and torture.

I can understand why it was so upsetting to many viewers, and I can understand if it was too much for some and made them not want to watch anymore. I do agree that some of them won't be able to stay away.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Something like 1 in 5 women haven been a victim of REAL rape, so I can see why it's unsettling

It's one of those touchy issues that deals with trauma, cover ups, suppression of women's rights and lack of integrity on behalf of investigators/police

But you know it's fiction and game of thrones has done a metric ton of awful lol

11. Tamstrong

The Sand Snakes storyline on the show is lame and boring as hell, and it doesn't help that the women playing them suck at acting. Such a disappointing waste of valuable screen time.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Brutally honest as ever, lol

13. Tamstrong

It's definitely unsettling, but it's also has a lot of basis in reality. As hellish as those things are nowadays for rape and abuse victims, they were even worse back in the time the show is set in. Fiction may not be based on a true story, but there's typically still a lot of truth in fiction.

14. Tamstrong

:smt023

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

God I couldn't imagine

In just about any older civilization you can think of, men have played the dominant role in the family and could do anything they wanted to their women

Contemporary examples still exist......for instance, I doubt a wife beater in the Middle East would be subjected to jail

They'd probably stone the 'infidel' woman for not being able to take a punch

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

17. Tamstrong

It took them long enough. Sadly though, having the law in place isn't the same thing as enforcing it. They (and the rest of the world) still has a long way to go.

18. Tamstrong

To get the thread back on track...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Funny how rape is so touchy now but no one was too concerned when Jaimie raped Cersei after Geoffry died, guess she deserved it huh.
    No one cared when dude was raping his daughters and feeding is grandsons to the white walkers. It always amazes me that level of how horrible something is is usually proportionate to either how pretty or likable the victim is.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol the dwarf sized cock scene was funny

You have to love that guys survival skills