The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I only buy dc comics but I appreciate all of the live action stuff period :p

3. archangel

just caught season one of the wire. Not that great but I really liked wallace. sad to see that happen and only now do I get where that gif of a man looking around was from.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

5. archangel

What can I say... hard to relate to

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First official peek at Jared Leto's Joker for the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.

[​IMG]

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Those tattoos make him look like a manic depressive goth kid.

I'm not feeling this look at all.

But then again Heath Ledger was an unconventional Joker and he did well, so I'll hold out hope that this look will work in the movie.

8. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is the moment Ultra Magnus knew he fucked up...

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Mike Colter on Luke Cage and Marvel Netflix Heroes.

[​IMG]

While promoting the release of Halo: Nightfall on blu-ray and DVD, star Mike Colter spoke about the Marvel Netflix characters. While the his interview primarily focused on Colter's role as Agent Locke in 'Nightfall' and the forthcoming Halo 5: Guradians, the veteran actor also talked in-depth about his turn as Marvel blue-collar superhero, Luke Cage.

On his role in AKA Jessica Jones, Colter stated that Cage and Krysten Ritter's Jessica Jones will have a history, prior to where the show initially drops viewers. "I don't want to give too much away about how much he's involved in the 'A.K.A Jessica Jones' show but Jessica and Luke Cage have a history and a relationship. I don't how much will be revealed in the actual series, but yes, I play an integral part."

On what separates the Marvel Netflix heroes from their film counterparts in The Avengers, Colter hit the nail on the head. "There will be action in [the Netflix shows] but these characters are trying to live normal lives, unlike some of the other characters in the Marvel cinematic universe. Those [Marvel movie characters] are first and foremost superheroes that are on a large platform. They've saved the world. But these [Netflix TV show] characters are really trying to focus on their neighborhood and New York City. It's a smaller story we're trying to tell."

On Cage specifically, Colter says that he keeps his cards very close to the chest. "I wouldn't say he's the strong and silent type -- he does talk when he has something to say, it's just that he plays things close to his chest and he's not one to reveal too much right away. From what I've read, he seems to be a nuanced character with a lot of layers and a lot of secrets."

Just like fans, Colter is also anxious to learn who Marvel will cast for Iron Fist, the final member of The Defenders team. "I think the person that they'll cast as Iron Fist will be someone hopefully who is not a tremendous fan. I like the idea that the actors that are cast in these iconic roles aren't so close to the material and they're not such fanboys that they're wrapped up in the idea. Because the idea of it and the actual execution of it can be so far apart."

While Colter notes that he hopes the actor cast as Iron Fist is not a comic book or Iron Fist fan per se, he himself confesses he did read comics when he was younger. "I've dabbled. I did read comic books growing up and I did play some games but I don't spend copious amounts of hours doing either. I'm a man of moderation. I think a little bit of everything is OK but when you do too much of anything it becomes dangerous."

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

This dude looks like he could snap on you at any time. I think it's a great, modern interpretation of the Joker. Like Afflek's Batman, this is a character that would actually induce fear at the site of him. He doesn't just look like a guy dressed as a clown. He looks like a real life threat.

He looks like someone who'd shoot up a school, movie theater or a mall just to prove a point. That strikes at the very heart of what's scary in today's world. Audiences are going to instinctively feel that. If Leto's acting chops are up to par, this version of the character could be the new standard for the villain.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So, they aren't going to meet on the show? Hmm...kind of disappointing. I wanted to see how their relationship develops from the beginning.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Keywords are 'where the show initially drops viewers'

That doesn't exclude flashbacks in later episodes, like arrow or daredevil

I would be disappointed if netflix didn't flesh out their relationship to appease the bigots

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'd say wait until the movie comes out before throwing this spin on the joker under the bus

Forget about the past versions because if you don't, it'll ruin the experience

This isn't addressed to you specifically....just in general

I've seen many people give something a bad review because it differed too much from what they were used to

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I am so not feelling Luke Cage in any way, shape, or form. But, because he's a black hero and it's Marvel, I'm going to watch it. They haven't let me done yet. Well, except Iron Man 2. That sucked. ...lol

I think something got lost in my post. Based on the picture, I like this new version of The Joker so far. If Leto can pull it off, this may be the definitive version for this generation.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'll brave through the first episodes too just because of that

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I have a feeling its gonna suck. His character never had any really depth just a big strong bullet proof mofo. Personally a Blade prequel or reboot would have been much more favorable.

17. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Petty already posted this review. Why the fuck ya'll relying on a movie review from Forbes of all places is beyond me...

19. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I don't. I'm implying that it affects not the movie, but the psyche of the common audience.

Sequelitis is when people create unrealistic expectations for a sequel after the first movie. In this case, Age of Ultron. So, when high expectations are placed in the forefront, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

And for the record, I've seen the whole movie.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member