How do ya'll feel about/deal with prejudice?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by desreveRsIgnitirW, Oct 1, 2010.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I don't remember a time when I got more stares than I do with my current guy. We haven't had any slick comments or anything like that (I think people would be intimidated to make that kind of move against a guy of his size), but the constant and lingering stares we get can be a bit unnerving. He and I have spoken about it a few times and while he thinks its comical, I find it annoying.

I'm really not sure if its because of our color contrast or just our size difference, but there's something about us together that seems to command the attention of strangers no matter where we are. We were out to dinner Friday night and the table next to us sat a bm/bw. That woman stared me down the entire time we were there lol. She looked me from head to toe, and back up again. After about 20 minutes of feeling her eyes on me I finally gave the look back like "can I fucking help you?!"...then I started smiling and told my guy what was going on. He laughed and the couple left. 99% of the glaring stares we get are from old white people. His response is always to lean in and say "gimme some" and I kiss his gorgeous lips ;)

In a city where IR is everywhere, I don't understand the fascination people have with he and I. Heaven help anyone who actually has the balls to comment negatively about our relationship lol. He's a calm, respectful dude, but he's also very protective ;)

2. johnleslie

johnleslie Member

Ignore, Ignore, Ingore!!!

I laugh it off, love it off and live it off.

Sometimes I get a heavy dose of the evil eye from black women but I'm usually too focused on my lady to notice.

It's when some black women are blatant, ignorant and say hurtful things indirectly is when it wakes me up.

3. rhgrl88

rhgrl88 Member

I laugh it off honestly, 90% of it derives from jealousy. It brings my man and I closer together.

4. 2legit

2legit Active Member

Sorry about that and you are no longer active member of this forum LOL

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I had no idea the anti-blonde sentiment was so powerful in popular culture.

6. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

It's always been black women. Doesn't make a difference what nationality my date is. Black women who would never have any interest in me will try to start shit with my date when I leave or try to talk to me when she goes to the bathroom.

I've also gotten rude comments from black men - "Stick to your own!"

Yes, they've embarrassed me (for the woman) or pissed me off, but I know they won't come bouncing around the corner with the intention to do us harm.

White dudes worry me. I've never been on a date when they've act up, but I have been walking or working out and called nigger, had cans or bottles thrown at me (thank goodness they were poorly aimed) and been places where they were drunk and screamin (yee-ha type shit) to the point I thought it safer to leave. To be honest, I don't even like to get stopped by white police officers in the middle of no where. I just feel like I never know where I stand with them (and that's terrible having worked with LEA for over 10 years).

7. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

They'll never say that to a BW.

BW don't want us to act like that when they date IR

WM don't want us to give them a dose of their own medicine when they date BW.

Black men have some lucky enemies...they KNOW we ain't gonna' do shit.

8. derekj4u

derekj4u Member

Some can't. I know a beautiful girl, pageant queen level good looks down in Georgia and she dated a brotha a while....she flat out told me she ended it because of family and friends. She knows how it looks to not live her life and to be pressured by others, but she had compelling reasons. I asked her if she would date a black man in the future and she replied she didn't know, even though she really was into the black guy she dated. So basically she walking away from what she really wants.

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Respect and protect our blonde white queens!

10. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

They never had the pleasure of my company again.

11. The Mixed Men

The Mixed Men New Member

Hello i'm new here , I just wanted to know what are you answering if someone, black or white, who is against interracial couples come bother you on internet or in real life ?

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Define "come bother you" please.

If it's on the internet, it would seem simple enough to ignore the person, don't respond, block, etc. Truly if people are coming at you on the internet, in some way you are allowing that. No one approaches me on the internet that I don't allow...and how would they know anything unless you are putting it out there? Not like you need to hide, but some of us simply just don't feel the need to put our lives on the internet.

In person, I think you would have to get more specific about what you are talking about.

13. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Careful, brotha, careful. Shocked this post's been up almost a year and no simps have grabbed onto it

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

You're right. I remember when a year or two ago, this would have unleashed an all-night battle royal here. Maybe the fact that it hasn't could be called "progress"?

15. Reverie

She is a coward and deserve to be a little bit unhappy.

16. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Lol really? I agree with the cowardly part tho

17. Reverie

Life have taught me not to trust people that aren't their own man/woman.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Too real.