NFL 2016-2017

Discussion in 'Sports' started by glt1980, Mar 10, 2016.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Well new league year started today. Big names on the move and some key guys staying putting.

I know the Giants fans on the board had a very good day filling huge holes on the D-Line resigning JPP and adding the best FA pass rusher in Vernon, also sign Jenkins away from the Rams. In addition to getting Harrison from the Jets.

My Bears had a decent day signing Trevathan from the Broncos and adding OT Bobby Massie enabling Kyle Long to go back to guard.

The Superbowl champs had a bad day manning retires monday and wednesday his successor bolts to houston.

The raiders though continue to improve they got the best OL in free agency and signed Bruce Irvin.

Still lots more to come where does RGIII end up? Lots of other big name guys are without teams.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I'm a Giants fan , and it's been killing me watching our defense unable to stop even so-so offenses.

Clearly, the Giants front office finally realized that they can't basically stand pat through yet another off-season.

3. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Osweiler goes to Houston for the BIG money...I didn't even know Houston had a team...lol (jk)

So now Denver doesn't have a QB...WTF?

4. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

Ravens fan here....another wretched season I'm sure...so tired of the Deflategate crap in Boston as it keeps Tommy the Tool front page

5. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Right we are SOL

There's got to be a free agent available that wants a strong defense we got the money now we need to get someone good

6. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I need to catch up but I think we are getting Kaepernick from SF and Sanchez as a back up...I think Osweiler made a HUGE mistake...I am so ready for football to start...it's only March...

7. glt1980

Hey Broncos fans your QB search came to an end today. Meet the top QB on your roster.

[​IMG]

Got him for a conditional 7th rounder.

In all seriousness though its gonna be hard to get a QB to come there first you have to replace a legend and then you have the added pressure of having a team that is a superbowl contender, and a fan base that is knows this. Whoever is the starter next season if he isnt at least decent will hear it.

8. stiletoes

I love both Eli and Peyton as they have both made Brady their biatch

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

The nice guy image for Peyton has cracked a bit

10. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

That would be awesome!!

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You're welcome. We're celebrating.

12. stiletoes

Yeah..but he is still not the entitled brat Brady is

13. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

John Elway would not bring Sanchez unless they thought he was still trainable...he won't be the starter...he can compete to be the starter but it won't be given to him...

14. DudeNY12

Agreed. I'd also bet that Peyton also hasn't cheated.

15. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Anyone checking out the NFL Draft?

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Just tuned in

17. DudeNY12

I've been watching the NBA playoffs, but still monitoring the draft, especially the first two rounds.

18. glt1980

Love the draft every since I started watching back in 93. If I weren't doing what I am now I would have been an NFL GM. Glad I get gable to gable coverage now used to hate when it was just the 7 hours on a Sunday on ESPN and back before the internet you had to wait until like Wednesday to get all the picks.

That being said I know most are not nuts like me, hell I admit I planned my weekend around the draft, but around 1-130 on the NFL network broadcast perhaps the greatest/funniest moment in draft broadcast history happened.

In the fourth round the Vikings drafted OL Willie Beavers. To which NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock replied
    https://twitter.com/TheAce18/status/726463103207006209

"I'm very much a Beavers guy!"

Oh but the fun does not end there as the next pick comes it from the Bears is safety Devon Bush so Mayocks very next line after I am a beavers guy is.

"You know Bush first caught my eye at the east-west game."
    http://www.thescore.com/news/1018356?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
    All four on the panel could not hold it in and had to go to commerical.
    [​IMG]

19. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I've had my TV tuned to the NFL Network for the past few days. I love how the Falcons are shoring up some of our defensive problems. Aside from the fact that we drafted Keanu Neal when Shaq Lawson was still on the boards is a head scratcher but the draft is basically a crapshoot as it is.

20. DudeNY12

Yeah, draft time is cool. I don't actually watch all of the rounds, but I love seeing how it all plays out.

So far, I'm somewhat OK with my team's (NY Giants) picks. How about you all?