Alfred Wright death in Jasper, Texas

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GQ Brotha, Feb 15, 2014.

1. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Don't know if folks have heard of this case, he was involved in an interracial relationship, two kids. He left for work and his vehicle broke down, called his wife and and just turned up dead after a couple of weeks of his own family and friends looking for him, since the local police couldn't find him in the woods and called the search off.

A big W.T.F. about the circumstances around it. Now the Feds are getting involved since the small town authorities seem to not be too concerned about the circumstances of his death, even though an ear and tongue was missing and a throat slashed and the local authorities insist he died of a cocaine, meth and amphetamine overdose, Hmmmm.

[HDYT]Et44pWYabWQ[/HDYT]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  2. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

an ear and a tongue missing...sounds symbolic...don't repeat what you heard...scary:(

3. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Crazy stuff, that same Jasper, Texas is where some white racists in 1998, tied a black man, James Byrd, to the back of a pickup truck and dragged him to death. Put nothing past that town.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I read about this strangely suspicious death last week. The article said Cops are calling it suicide saying he was drugged out/and freaked out, and blaming wild animals for the missing body parts @ 3 weeks of him hanging in the woods. Didn't sit right with me..still doesn't. R.I.P. Autopsy will tell a lot.

5. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

the feds are called in to complete the cover up

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Very sad and tragic. I wonder if Alfred Wright was killed because he was black or was he killed for having a picture of his wife in his truck, if the killer(s) ever saw it? I wonder if he was interrogated by his captors before he was murdered. It truly smells like a cover-up. And I am sure the F.B.I. will find something. Jasper's Sheriff's Office should've not stopped because they owed it to the victim's family to investigate, provide answers and arrest and prosecute those responsible. Four days of searching and the search ends and the family finds the body? I pray that the killer(s) are found. Proof positive that the Devil is loose on this earth.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Was unaware an official autopsy was done.. however to not ask at least one question of the family...still weird...

Wright's death was ruled accidental after the official autopsy found a combination of drugs in his system including cocaine and methamphetamine.

Wright's family members believe the Sabine County Sheriff's Office is covering-up a murder, a controversy that has gained national attention in recent weeks.

Before the march in Hemphill, a rally was held at the Faith Temple Church of God in Christ in Jasper. It began with Wright's father Douglas addressing a packed room.

"17 of us found my son's body, and as of this day, no one (law enforcement) has come and asked us 'How'd you find him? How was he laying? What happened?'" Douglas Wright said.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

ME autopsy reports are faked from time to time. I suspect the Feds find different results.

Is it true he was found hanged in the woods???:smt108

That's murder, man.

9. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

If this brother died as a result of his interracial marriage in that town, then again it serves as a reminder to us in such relationships whether married or not that we can never let down our guards as being potential victims to evil idiots who would bring harm to us or to our love ones. I tell my wife I love her everyday. You just never know when violence will comes to your door step.

10. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Well said bro, real talk from you right there. Take nothing for granted, even in this day and age, better believe lots of vile racists out there who don't like the changing society they see around them

11. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

It's like the local authorities have gone out of their way to not give a shit what happened.

12. FG

FG Well-Known Member

This stinks to high heaven. I wish the local law enforcement burn. Anybody with a common sense knows this was not an accident nor a suicide! I mean, really??????

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Because most likely, someone knows something, or knows someone, and they wanted this to just go quietly away..

14. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Precisely, wouldn't surprise me in the least, the family is the one to keep things in the spotlight, the local police just want it closed and forgotten as it is now.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It is precisely what the local law enforcement want to avoid; another spotlight on their town. Like cockroaches in the light, they scurry and hide and then say whatever pseudo-bravura statement they want about liberties, freedoms and how that they have no control over the attitudes of its citizens. No. They don't. But a responsible law enforcement agency would not stop an investigation after four days. I am going to say it; if the victim was a white male, the news coverage would be ceaseless and the Sheriff's Office would be seen doing all it can along with the Texas Rangers to solve this case. But the victim was not white. And not enough was done. I hope and pray the answers come real soon.

16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

G,I will not be surprised if the convervatives spin this as racial paranoya. Jasper is always the home of racist scum as well as any place in the South.

17. chocolatecream4u

chocolatecream4u Well-Known Member

I heard about both incidents which the latter incident is murder as well,That is one fucking area you don't want to be caught in, This brother is absolutely right get a gun if I'ma go down, Im going down shooting:smt071 that is crazy rascim here is a so prevalent hidden but in certain areas you can tell they are saying yo kinda aint wanted round here it's still here you should be able to live free as you want but here in Tx. caint do it.....and aint notin they gonna do about it.... beautiful wife lost her husband that's a fuckin shame

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Good for the family. I read today that his brother is a contestant on American Idol, so this will stay in the news for answers.

In a way, I hope it was suicide because it means he made that choice to die, he was ready to go. And even if he was hallucinating with the Meth, he still felt in his own altered mind, it was 'time'.
    Because the alternative - that he was murdered in such a gruesome way - it's seriously one of the most horrific ways to die. If he was murdered which most likely he was, I pray he didn't suffer for long...God knows what this poor man went through at the hands of his depraved killers.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

If Alfred Wright was murdered, then it stands to reason that his murderer(s) may have taken trophies from his body. It has been done before. In fact, there was a story about a serial killer that terrorized a Texas town who wore a potato sack. It was made into a movie called The Town The Dreaded Sundown, it starred Ben Johnson(Mighty Joe Young, Major Dundee, The Wild Bunch, The Hunter and others) and Dawn Wells(MaryAnn from Gilligan's Island). This story inspired the film Friday The 13th: Part 2's Jason Voorhees' debut, wearing a potato sack. Texas, as it is advertised, is another country. It is unique for its size and its history. And it is big enough to keep secrets. I pray that Alfred Wright gets justice and that justice finds his murderer(s).

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Didn't know that about Jason Vorhees. Must look out for that if I see the movie again.